So who wants to quit SMOKING

Matters of general interest
The Agent
The Boss
The Boss

So who wants to quit SMOKING

Postby The Agent » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Guys I have placed the info on "Non Aviation Items" about the E Cigarettes that can help you stop smoking and even if you carry on with the E Smokes MUCH more healthier as no tar in the lungs.
Mods if you think this is wrong please just contact me, all I want is better and more healthy pilots. puff puff puff
I have stopped for 15 odd years now, ok no silly comments now. ($$) puff puff puff
Empty Toy Box
Busy Arranging for new toy.
Graham Cooper
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: So who wants to quit SMOKING

Postby Boet » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:02 pm

EASY to quit. You just never light up the next one!!!
Cali
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Cali » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:03 am

It is very easy to quit smoking.........

I have done it many times (**) (**)

Luckily for 3 years now.
Airborne Edge X
32-4331
"BLUEY"
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Interesting concept.... Tobacco companies must be seriously pissed-off! puff

Me... well I have never smoked and never will - thankfully! (^^) on the otherhand I might have a problem with.... Red Heart or Stroh rum mixed with Red Bull is just such a lekker combo :shock:
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:02 pm

My only Dry vice is smoking and I am ashamed of it.

I bought the Twisp E-cigarette system and tried it for a few days.
Used it going overseas and I felt really stupid sitting on an international flight tugging on a battery generated vaporiser... not to mention the skeef looks I got from the other passengers! (I think one or two would have paid for a puff though!) :)

The security at Heathrow (yes, I had it in my pocket) were very suspicious about this thing and spent quite a while analising it with a"'you're kidding us -get outta here! what is it REALLY?" expression on their faces!

I'm afraid its not for me. Gives me an instant headache and when I put it down I feel like a cigarette.
Sorry guys, it only works for some people. Seems I might be in the 10% for who it doesn't.

Great idea though and as a smoker I am more anti-smoking than most and would encourage anyone to try it. If it works for you, bonus!
Uncle Spud Murphy
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby Uncle Spud Murphy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:33 am

So you want to quit smoking do you but don't believe you can!!!! Well here is my story for you to consider.

I am now 62. Imagine, 15yrs old hunting squirrils in the New Forest Hampshire, UK. Ave a fag Spud!! No thanks mate, don't smoke. Ah go on, everyone does it - oops I tried one and then I worked really hard to become a smoker. One day I even managed to blow smoke through my nasel passage and then it was smoke rings. Clever little b@stard wasnt I (**)

Now fast forward to the morning of 27th November 2003. In Bravo wing stores (Prison). Prisoner say's "Not looking too well Mr Murph". That was when I had my last fag and I didn't even finish it.

That same day, the heart Doctor tells me "You have had a heart attack Mr Murphy, but the good news is if it had not happened now you would have been dead by Christmas". Wake up call (Which is why I am telling you this) but much damage had already been done. I have two stents in my heart. My right carotid artery is blocked and inoperable. In addition, I have arterial issues and have to exercise regularly, not for a six pack, but to keep the blood flowing.

I had my first ciggie in the New Forest. I had my last one in Prison. There is no nicotine in your body 48hrs after you smoked your last fag. I am healthier now vhpy because I do not smoke and I exercise what is left after the damage done by smoking :(>

So there you go. Smoke if you wish, it is your choice as it was mine but consider this. One day it will catch up with you as it did me. YOUR FRIEND, YOUR BUDDY, YOUR PAL THE FAG - IS KILLING YOU

Avdb (^^) (^^) (^^)
Uncle Spud Murphy

Telling it as it is saves explaining later. Alles van die beste
DarkHelmet
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby DarkHelmet » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Tried one last night - got a mouth full of oil....
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:02 pm

DH... So now you feel like a Rotax .... compulsory spark plug change every 25 hours and crankshaft every 150 :roll:
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Trikenut
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Trikenut » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 pm

John Boucher wrote:DH... So now you feel like a Rotax .... compulsory spark plug change every 25 hours and crankshaft every 150 :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trikenut - Pilot in Training!!!
I love the smell of Avgas in the Morning!
"Beware 16 year old here"
skidmark
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby skidmark » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:59 pm

I smoked a pack of Camel a day. Woke up one morning in 1984 and have never touched one since. Went cold turkey, never said to anybody and just got on with it. I am very greatful that I was given the strength at that time to quit. Done a number of Comrades marathons and 4 Ironman triathlons in 4 years. Sport was not my motivation that came later a couple of mates got me running. What freaked me out was fumbling for that fist fag in the morning and I hadn't even opened my eyes yet. Oh yes and that dry cough. Good luck if you get it right by whatever means you won't look back. That's for sure (^^)