Building the new Bushbaby SAFARI

Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Building the new Bushbaby SAFARI

Postby Boet » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:48 pm

I think this is a good place to start. Both wing sets are already completed, as are the tailfeathers. The Oom brought the fus on sunday. We tackled the job tooth and nail on Monday. This being a new kit, does have minor toothing problems here and there, but so far, nothing big. I sat in it today. What an improvement. It is VERY roomy, so all you corn-fed boys: Take note!! This aircraft has been developed with the bigger pilots in mind. There is heaps of elbow and headroom space. I promise to update regularly with pictures.
Attachments
woensdag.jpg
woensdag.jpg (62.41 KiB) Viewed 89007 times
Inside.JPG
Inside.JPG (83.1 KiB) Viewed 89385 times
Sticks.JPG
Sticks.JPG (77.23 KiB) Viewed 89420 times
vliegvark
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Re: Building the new Bushbaby SAFARI

Postby vliegvark » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:51 pm

kyk net hoe mooi sy gaan darem kope laat draai ( and don't worry about the teeth we have the right man on our side ) kyk boet daar is geen manier dat ek op my maag kan slaap vanaand nie! julle werk darem lekka vinnig en mooi jy en die twee manne sal ryklike beloon word.
die vliegvark kry 'n boetie!!!!!!!!!
vliegvark
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby vliegvark » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:53 pm

die BOS-OTT begin lewe
Mogas
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Mogas » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:40 am

Nice job Boet, Vliegvark and Oom Frans.
Keep those pics and reports coming.
Mogas
SA Planes
Nottaquitta
Low Level
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Low Level » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Deez one gonna be BMW powered ? :idea:
Happiness is: Wanting what you have.
ZU-CFW
My soul called, and it wants it's life back. Only one thing to do. Let's fly.
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:15 pm

Jip. Bee Em Dubble U. Got some more done today. The luggage box is huge. Today we started on the doors. Now that the doors are on, one can really appreciate the SIZE of this cocpit. 3 maergatte sal maklik langs mekaar inpas!! vhpy The "hole visible in the seat, is a "cubbyhole" in the making,--- Oom`s nice idea. Why waste space......indeed. I see LOTS of potential for this aeroplane. vhpy vhpy vhpy
Every time there is visible progress on thi saerie I will take a side on pic from the same spot at the aerie also parked at a fixed spot. That way you can make your own "slide show of the progress. Try it :!:
Attachments
die box.JPG
die box.JPG (42.69 KiB) Viewed 88301 times
die bucket.JPG
die bucket.JPG (64.19 KiB) Viewed 88452 times
side on.JPG
side on.JPG (65.81 KiB) Viewed 88481 times
vliegvark
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby vliegvark » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 pm

my bek water.........kan nie wag nie die tiervisse moet bang word
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Ons steek die visstok in die main spar?? vhpy Oom kom more self in die errie sit. Ongelukkig kan ek nie hier wees om dit te aanskou nie. Hoop maar hy sal tevrede wees met wat hy sien....... :shock: Die cubbyhole is klaar. Plek vir al die pille en brille en los goed in jou sakke wat jou pla as jy vlieg.
Attachments
101_2232.JPG
101_2232.JPG (65.93 KiB) Viewed 87867 times
101_2237.JPG
101_2237.JPG (63.99 KiB) Viewed 87935 times
101_2227.JPG
101_2227.JPG (67.95 KiB) Viewed 88035 times
vliegvark
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby vliegvark » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:55 am

hierdie gerugslaap story raak nou 'n probleem en on is nog nie eers gooed aan die gang nie
Low Level
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Low Level » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am

Boet wrote:Every time there is visible progress on thi saerie I will take a side on pic from the same spot at the aerie also parked at a fixed spot. That way you can make your own "slide show of the progress. Try it
Kon die bleddie fixed spot nou nie maar in die son gewees het nie ??? ##
Happiness is: Wanting what you have.
ZU-CFW
My soul called, and it wants it's life back. Only one thing to do. Let's fly.
slysi
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby slysi » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Looking forward to the progress reports Oom Boet. Here comes another B.B.B.B.

Do I understand correctly that this is the third addition to the BB family i.e. bigger then an Explorer? If so what are the other differences?

Ta
Simon
Student Pilot
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Slysi, this is the bigger brother of the Explorer. The cockpit is a LOT bigger, the roof higher, the door bigger. I will take a picture of the explorer seat with the Safari seat, then you can really see the difference. 4Th generation. There was the original BB, Then the slightly wider BB, Then the BB Explorer and now the BB Safari. Today we fitted the wings. Tomorrow we want to do all the sheetmetal work around the cockpit, and maybe get the flapperons fitted as well. Then we can start covering!!
Attachments
101_2302.JPG
101_2302.JPG (26.5 KiB) Viewed 87439 times
101_2310.JPG
101_2310.JPG (26.51 KiB) Viewed 87464 times
justin.schoeman
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby justin.schoeman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:25 pm

Boet wrote:Slysi, this is the bigger brother of the Explorer. The cockpit is a LOT bigger, the roof higher, the door bigger. I will take a picture of the explorer seat with the Safari seat, then you can really see the difference. 4Th generation. There was the original BB, Then the slightly wider BB, Then the BB Explorer and now the BB Safari....
So, when are we going to see the 4 seater with a Jab 3300 up front :idea: ?

vhpy vhpy vhpy
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Maybe sooner than you think!! vhpy
vliegvark
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby vliegvark » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:02 am

#2 , will have a 120hp BMW we will then judge if more seats can be added like the Sportsman, but let us first perfect the Safarie
The weight figures start looking good .Engine complete with BMW oil cooler no oil no exhaust but inand starter and everything else 70.5 kg,s COMPLETE AIRFRAME POWDER COATED 43KG,S Under carraige springsteel 18.5 kg,s that is 500grams lighter then a similar aluminium gear ,remember steel is about 3 times heavier then aluminium and also 3times stronger,also cheaper to make and we can do it in South Africa so no more arguments about that steel also has a better life cycle just look at the thousands of springs on bakkies. The latest Cessna 206 has a leaf spring and Cessna have been doing it for many years. The panel will be MGL Voyager we will also have angle of attack indithat is cators that is a cross polination from the bigger aeries that I fly . Once you have flown withAOA you want nothig else. We are building it as light as possible, if any part does not have a good function it is not put o the Safarie.We are aiming at less then 320kg,s It will be a chalange Ive asked Boet please not to much paint just enough.It won't be long because Boet is moving as fast as he can and his capable two co-workers Estaban and Willem are full of fire and enthusiasm. What more can we ask.From my side we do the C o G calculations then making engine mounts and keeping the comunication lines open between Durbanville and Loeriesfontein.will keep you posted on detail from our side.
Papp-G alias oom Frans