Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

MISASA AGM

Postby alanmack » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi,

John is away and it has just occurred to me that he would not have added notice for the MISASA AGM on this site. The notice has been posted on the http://www.misasa.co.za website as is required by the MISASA constitution. For your ease of reference it reads as follows:

NOTICE OF THE MISASA AGM

Notice is hereby given, on this 20th day of September 2011, that the MISASA AGM will be held on the 26th of October 2011 at the Harvard Cafe at Rand Airport at 4pm. The meeting traditionally receives the reports of the committee and a new committee is elected to take the place of the current committee, that reties in total, as required by the constitution. Nominations for appointments to the committee and or other agenda items should be e-mailed to nemo@webo.co.za. The final agenda that will include the amendments to our constitution, that have been posted on this website for a year, will also be posted on this website.Click below to read the suggested amendments to the constitution.
http://www.weboonline.com/MISASA/websit ... php?id=244
Note: The Aero Club AGM will take place after the MISASA AGM at the same venue and members are urged to attend both AGMs.

Regards
Nemo

PS The next mag gets made this month - please do send your stories and pictures to nemo@webo.co.za - also do feel free to motivate nominations for the Microflight Feather and Wally Awards!
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: MISASA AGM

Postby nicow » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:31 am

Most of us work on Wednesdays-guess there would not be a lot of members...
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 am

Hi,

Yes I am aware that many would find it more difficult to attend on a Wednesday afternoon. However how many of these would attend if it were at another time or day? We have tried having meetings at different airfields, weekdays, weekends, after-hours, with braai and beverage etc. and we have come to understand that when there is no "big threat" to the freedom or cost of flight the membership is happy to let the committee carry on. The few that want to attend have asked for it to be on the same day as the Aero Club AGM. We have people who will be flying in from the Cape and KZ-N and they would prefer to be able to do this once for both meetings. Remember that these same dedicated members who support what we do will be flying in again within ten days for the Aero Club Annual Awards Dinner. It would have made sense for us to hold it over the week-end of the annual awards dinner however all sub-sections of the Aero Club must have their AGM before the Aero Club AGM. This is so that the new Aero Club Committee can meet with it's new members immediately after the voting at the Aero Club AGM. MISASA is the largest section of the Aero Club and has two members on the Board of the Aero Club.

We really do need help as the Committee is short staffed (has vacancies) and is carrying more than a reasonable load for any volunteer in any association. So, please do send nominations to nemo@webo.co.za The portfolio's are listed on the MISASA website and there is an amendment to the constitution up for approval whereby each committee portfolio can appoint more than one deputy committee member. The idea is to try and spread the load in an attempt to get more members willing to offer help. If you would like to focus on anything that adds value to the members then we will make a portfolio for you. All are encouraged to participate.

Fly safe
Nemo
NEMO
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:32 am

You can keep a seat open for me-I'll represent the Limpopo province at the AGM.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:18 pm

That is fantastic news. Thank you. Can I nominate you to fill a position on the committee? If so please do e-mail nemo@webo.co.za xxx
NEMO