Who's going to Baberton

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
The Agent
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Who's going to Baberton

Postby The Agent » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:10 am

Weereens Rudi die pix is goed en mooi.
Rudi went to a lot of trouble to drive down and be there on Friday but he did some further damage to his ankle and had to drive back in the night.
Toemaar Rudi ons het jou petrol en olie gebere en sal dit die naweek op Rhino aflaai as jy al beter kan loop.
Empty Toy Box
Busy Arranging for new toy.
Graham Cooper
Smiley
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Smiley » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:25 am

The Agent wrote:Weereens Rudi die pix is goed en mooi.
Rudi went to a lot of trouble to drive down and be there on Friday but he did some further damage to his ankle and had to drive back in the night.
Toemaar Rudi ons het jou petrol en olie gebere en sal dit die naweek op Rhino aflaai as jy al beter kan loop.
Hello everyone

Thanks for a great weekend in die bos :wink: :wink:

Wow, it was nice seeing such a variety of aeries and boy CC makes me scared with his great up and down flying stunts, what a good pilot he is!! (^^)

Agent thanks for your great commentating and jokes, you're a natural in front of that mic puff puff

I heard the guys struggled Sunday with the headwind back home, fortunetely I flew to Baberton and back in Rudi's RV7, so the strong headwind just made us a bit slower :twisted: :twisted:

To CC and the gang who organized this excellent event, thanks and I hope to see you next year in Baberton again!! vhpy
Flying tha beast named "Wollie"
ZS-WGT

Springs 122.40
Willie
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Willie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Bushbaby with "Pilot's accommodation"

Dit was ons Kamp 8)
Hi Rudi dankie vir die fotos. Jammer om te hoor van jou pyn. Hoop alles kom gou reg. Ons het ook die vertoning gemis maar Vrydag was steeds die moeite werd.
http://www.africa-24.com/results3.php?p ... pa=fe_path
ZS-APM C182
ZS-UJC Hatz
ZS-VTV Thunderbird MK4
ZU-EJD Thorp T-18
ZS-PPT Tecnam Sierra
ZS-UGS VP2
ZS-UNC KR2
ZS-AEG Trike (Crashed @ Hippo Pools))
ZS-DMW Tripacer Crashed 1985
Ian
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:07 pm

Was a great outing, not quite over for Andrew and I tho 8)

We left early Sunday AM, but with a cruise of 85 MPH and reduced power
settings on my Sav (high oil temp due to me not removing some tape from the oil cooler !) ,
we were going nowhere slowly (see the log below), saw Rudi in his RV dissaparing into the West at a rapid rate.. :x

After an hour we decided to return to a field near Barberton called Pyramid where Brian Young made us VERY welcome, insisting we started off with a nice cuppa coffee, then gave us a great sheltered area to harbour the aeries, then arranged a lift for us ( many many thanks Moorees !) to Kruger International where we hired a car and returned to JHB. I understand a further 2 aeries made simailar decisions so Brian has plenty aircraft parked around his lovely field right now.

The entire weekend was spent making new aquaintances with like minded people, anyone who hasn't attended should go before someone finds a way to shut it down just like the fly inns I attended at Orient and Rustenburg in the past. vhpy

Met Peter from Pyramid too who very kindly supplied us with Mogas on Friday - many thanks Sir and thanks Graham for introducing us to Peter vhpy

So the plan is we go down this Friday and fly back Saturday... 2 weekends in a row x country flights - great vhpy
Attachments
Sav gang at Barberton.jpg
Sav gang at Barberton.jpg (53.65 KiB) Viewed 1787 times
Waterson with borrowed equip.jpg
Waterson with borrowed equip.jpg (52.84 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
Wind strength.jpg
Wind strength.jpg (65.31 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
Ian
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Ian » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:40 pm

OK, Interval is over, we drove back to Pyramid Friday and had a wonderful flight back on Saturday AM, caught the wind just right, 2 hours to cover the 190 Miles, bit better that the 17 miles we did in 1 hour the previous Sunday 8)

Spent the night in one of Brian Young's cottages, very nice and cheap ! many thanks for looking after our aeries Brian vhpy

We will certainly be back :)
Attachments
Pyramid cottage.jpg
Pyramid cottage.jpg (68.18 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Pyramid Boma.jpg
Pyramid Boma.jpg (32.96 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Pyramid parking.jpg
Pyramid parking.jpg (44.96 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
RudiGreyling
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby RudiGreyling » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:15 am

Ian wrote:Was a great outing, not quite over for Andrew and I tho 8)

We left early Sunday AM, but with a cruise of 85 MPH and reduced power settings on my Sav (high oil temp due to me not removing some tape from the oil cooler !) , we were going nowhere slowly (see the log below), saw Rudi in his RV dissaparing into the West at a rapid rate.. :x

After an hour we decided to return to a field near Barberton called Pyramid where Brian Young made us VERY welcome,<SNIP>
Hi Ian,

Eish with a 23MPH ground speed no wonder you guys turned around. Are you going to Tempe for EAA Sun-n-Fun?

Regards
Rudi
"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure - Aviation offers it all"
http://www.RudiGreyling.com
Ian
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 am

RudiGreyling wrote: Hi Ian,

Are you going to Tempe for EAA Sun-n-Fun?

Regards
Rudi
Unfortunately not, I have 100 hours on the Sav and need to do maintenance first... :(

You enjoy !

Cheers