Saldanha Fly - in

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: Saldanha Fly - in

Postby bluesmancoops » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:39 am

Hey guys - had a total ball on saturday - enjoyed hearing the atc guys panick a bit - great experience and was really wikid meeting all the boys - Morph, Skidmark, Grumpy and all the others - next time bring the planes with. Thanks to WPFC for doing an awesome job with the organising "very well done!!" _ Club house looks great and am looking forward to the next one
Mike Cooper
Flying is not a hobby it is an addiction
janpetcc
Pre flight checks done

Postby janpetcc » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:16 am

I must add - a great fly-in had a great time and enjoyed it . Please do it again soon. Cool club house it's going to be the venue for many great events. Met lots of new friends and got to talk to many old friends. (^^) Thank you Johann and your club members. Jannie and Di
danger dave
Looking at the sky

Postby danger dave » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:06 am

Dirk ,
I would like just to congratulate you.
I think it could of ended up alot worse.
Nice to see everyone caring and helping out.
Nice cool and smooth force landing.
Think every one can learn from this, to remain calm and your training will kick in. (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!)
Ou Man
Survived first engine out
Survived first engine out

Postby Ou Man » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 am

To be borne brainless or with limited capacity is bad news. Unfortunately there is very little you can do about it.Stupidity is something totally different.
I was planning to go to Saldanha for my first ever Fly-in with a very enthusiastic pax.
The plan was to fly to Saldanha on Saturday morning, have a cup of sponsored coffee and then return home via Yzerfontein.
The doom and gloom weather forecasts during the previous week however led me to put the whole thing of and do my bit at home. The softness was pleased seeing that she was recuperating after a spell in hospital. (Vliegvark’s dad was the physician and please allow me to say this ……Prof. Frans, I can’t find fitting words to thank you enough for looking after my little precious the way you did !!).
Any way, got up Saturday morning just that find that there was not a trace of the predicted Northerlies! …not on ground level in any case. The rest of the morning I went about my chores with the expected frown. Round about 10h00 I couldn’t take it any more and slipped away for a quick flip round the patch. What a day it was for flying. A fairly strong Northerly above 1500’ but as smooth as a babies butt. Playing around between Somersveld and Darling I could hear the guys chatting to each other while cruising the coast near Saldanha. It was very clear that I was missing out on a great day .
From what I hear, it was a well organized day and a lot of fun had by all. Congrats to the organizers.
Gert, hopefully I will be able to judge the weather more accurately after studying your book and will join the guys on the next fly-in and not captain the Stupidity Team again
:oops: :oops:
I believe I can fly...even touch the sky
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:56 am

Ou Man wrote:To be borne brainless or with limited capacity is bad news. Unfortunately there is very little you can do about it.Stupidity is something totally different.
I was planning to go to Saldanha for my first ever Fly-in with a very enthusiastic pax.
The plan was to fly to Saldanha on Saturday morning, have a cup of sponsored coffee and then return home via Yzerfontein.
The doom and gloom weather forecasts during the previous week however led me to put the whole thing of and do my bit at home. The softness was pleased seeing that she was recuperating after a spell in hospital. (Vliegvark’s dad was the physician and please allow me to say this ……Prof. Frans, I can’t find fitting words to thank you enough for looking after my little precious the way you did !!).
Any way, got up Saturday morning just that find that there was not a trace of the predicted Northerlies! …not on ground level in any case. The rest of the morning I went about my chores with the expected frown. Round about 10h00 I couldn’t take it any more and slipped away for a quick flip round the patch. What a day it was for flying. A fairly strong Northerly above 1500’ but as smooth as a babies butt. Playing around between Somersveld and Darling I could hear the guys chatting to each other while cruising the coast near Saldanha. It was very clear that I was missing out on a great day .
From what I hear, it was a well organized day and a lot of fun had by all. Congrats to the organizers.
Gert, hopefully I will be able to judge the weather more accurately after studying your book and will join the guys on the next fly-in and not captain the Stupidity Team again
:oops: :oops:
hey ou man sorry u missed it - it was a lot of fun - def see you next time

regards mike
Mike Cooper
Flying is not a hobby it is an addiction
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:07 pm

here are some pics of the fly-in
web1.gif