Saldanha Fly - in

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Saldanha Fly - in

Postby bluesmancoops » Fri May 02, 2008 7:19 pm

A fly-in is planned for the 14th June at Saldanha Airfield FASD, where there will be dinner on Friday night, breakfast Saturday morning, big Spit Braai on Saturday Evening and breakfast Sunday. Final costs will be posted later. It is planned that there will be 4 traffic controllers at the field on Saturday for a "controlled airfield" so microlighters can gain radio and approach procedure experience under friendly ATC's for example : pilots will go on a smal;l cross country and back whilst using correct radio work for a controlled airfield. For any further information contact Johann Froneman 082 457 9509 or Gerrit Nell 083 641 7730 or Mike Norman 083 225 6100
Mike Cooper
Flying is not a hobby it is an addiction
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Saldanha Fly - in

Postby gertcoetzee » Fri May 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Same weekend as Tanqua?
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Sun May 04, 2008 12:18 pm

bluesmancoops wrote: It is planned that there will be 4 traffic controllers at the field on Saturday for a "controlled airfield" so microlighters can gain radio and approach procedure experience under friendly ATC's for example : pilots will go on a smal;l cross country and back whilst using correct radio work for a controlled airfield.
This is brilliant. For those of you who don't know Gerrit Nel is the ATC at Langebaanweg, the airforce base in Langebaan. THis will be excellent training for all the students.

Bluesmancoops, let Johan know that it is on the same weekend as the Tanqua fly-in arranged by Morne Jonker from Oudsthoorn, and a lot of the Morning Star guys plus obviously Oudsthoorn guys are going there. Is it not possible to move it?
Greg Perkins
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Sun May 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Morph wrote:
bluesmancoops wrote: It is planned that there will be 4 traffic controllers at the field on Saturday for a "controlled airfield" so microlighters can gain radio and approach procedure experience under friendly ATC's for example : pilots will go on a smal;l cross country and back whilst using correct radio work for a controlled airfield.
This is brilliant. For those of you who don't know Gerrit Nel is the ATC at Langebaanweg, the airforce base in Langebaan. THis will be excellent training for all the students.

Bluesmancoops, let Johan know that it is on the same weekend as the Tanqua fly-in arranged by Morne Jonker from Oudsthoorn, and a lot of the Morning Star guys plus obviously Oudsthoorn guys are going there. Is it not possible to move it?
Apparently some other club/school/airfield had these dates for the fly-in but they decided not to have one this year so Johann took over the dates
Mike Cooper
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 am

bump
Mike Cooper
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Wed May 14, 2008 9:51 am

TO ALL AVIATORS

05/05/2008

RE: SALDANHA BAY FLY-IN

West Coat Flying Training Centre, Johan Froneman and the West Coast Flying Club are inviting all aviators both near and far to join us for a get-together at Saldanha Bay airport, for the long weekend of 13-16 June 2008.

An ATC exercise has been arranged for Saturday morning to help sharpen our radio skills and to expose us green pilots to the goings on at a controlled air port. The preliminary program will be as follows:
1. Fly in on Friday Afternoon
2. Braai Friday Evening ( Depending on Pietie and Anton)
3. Breakfast / Fly-in
4. Pilot’s briefing at 10H00
5. Short cross country and Radio exercise
6. Spitbraai & social
7. Breakfast Sunday Morning
8. Fly home

The more planes we have, the more realistic our airport scenario will be, so join us for this really educational event.

A hanger will be available for those wishing to camp out or alternatively contact details for local guest houses are attached.

Please indicate to us before Friday 6 June 2008 whether you will be joining us and which meals we must cater for you. The prices for meals and contact details are as follows:

BRAAI PACKS R40.00 P/P
SPIT BRAAI AND SALADS R85.00 P/P
ENGLISH BREAKFAST R35.00 P/P

Johan Froneman @ cell: 0824579509 email: jjfroneman@
Gerhardt Nell @ cell: 0836417730 email: ifly@xsinet.co.za
Mike Norman @ cell: 0832256100 email: weskus@midasearthcote.co.za

Accommodation:

PARC 10 B&B (vrdbrg) CORRIE 083 450 0884
BLOUWATERBAAI (sald ) ANDRE 022-7141177
SWARTRIET (jcbsbaai) 022-7154044
Mike Cooper
GR8-DAD
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby GR8-DAD » Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Cause dad is walking now and not flying - Saldanha it be, lot closer than Oudtshoorn. :twisted:
Nooitgedacht: 124.8 Alt 1050 ft
S 32°16'49.8 E 18°53'33.0
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Sat May 17, 2008 12:33 pm

If Boet really pulls finger out, EPH will be ready. Otherwise I guess I'll be there like dad
Greg Perkins
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Sat May 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Morph wrote:If Boet really pulls finger out, EPH will be ready. Otherwise I guess I'll be there like dad
Hi Morph, are you going to saldanha or tanqua??

Looks like my direction will be saldanha.

Regards,
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Sun May 18, 2008 12:45 pm

If I get EPH back then Saldanha because proving flight authority limitations will not allow for Tanqua.
Greg Perkins
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Sun May 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Morph wrote:If I get EPH back then Saldanha because proving flight authority limitations will not allow for Tanqua.
I must still arange my plans. But I will go to saldanha as well, tanqua a bit too far for family, and I do not want to leave my wife at home alone.

I'll let you know at club meeting. If I go, at least I will know 2 people there, and hopefully a lot more when I leave.

Regards,
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
Grumpy
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Grumpy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:28 am

Is a student pilot welcome at a Fly In? By then probably still without an mpl and trike !!!
"Hope the weather is calm tomorrow !!"
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Mon May 19, 2008 10:37 am

GRUMPY wrote:Is a student pilot welcome at a Fly In? By then probably still without an mpl and trike !!!
Of course, you can fly in with an instructor, or one of the other guys, or me if I have a spare seat at the time (got to find out what Gadget is doing) or drive in.
Greg Perkins
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Mon May 19, 2008 10:46 am

Sounds like it's gonna be a great fly-in. really looking forward to meeting the guys

A frenzy of work is currently going on to complete the NEW club house in time which will be fantastic

mike
Mike Cooper
GR8-DAD
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby GR8-DAD » Mon May 19, 2008 1:34 pm

bluesmancoops wrote:Sounds like it's gonna be a great fly-in. really looking forward to meeting the guys

A frenzy of work is currently going on to complete the NEW club house in time which will be fantastic

mike
We used to crash in the OLD clubhouse, late, very very late, some of us on the pooltable (howzit Ranger ou pal..... :twisted: ).....

does this mean no more crashing in the old tower :| :?:
Nooitgedacht: 124.8 Alt 1050 ft
S 32°16'49.8 E 18°53'33.0