Kalahari Bundu Bash 2008

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
Thatchman
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: Kalahari Bundu Bash 2008

Postby Thatchman » Fri May 23, 2008 11:29 am

Looks like the same scenario as last year and sadly I think that this event is dead unless they make some changes to the way they market and arrange this event. Why is it that we can get 40 trikes to Numbi which is booked well in advance but they cannot get the Bundu right anymore? :cry: :cry:

Maybe they should change the name to the "Afskies bash" and there is lots of interest but it just does not happen. :?
Parasitic Drag: A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

ZU - forePLaY
Ranger
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Ranger » Fri May 23, 2008 1:00 pm

What's the difference in price between the two events?
I sometimes get confused............But i'm not sure
Ranger
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Ranger » Tue May 27, 2008 10:50 am

A while back I enquired about the cost of the Kalahari Bundu Bash on the forum. Two posts back I enquired again. Doesn't seem like anybody knows much.
I sometimes get confused............But i'm not sure
Arnulf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Arnulf » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:47 am

Hi,

I registered, arranged leave, paid etc. for last years event. Unfortunately it was cancelled due lack of interest.
I fully understand the predicament of the organisers if there is not enough interest. Could be in for a substantial financial loss if the event does not have a critical mass.
Ansa indicated to me that possibly a big event for 2010 would be appropriate. Which ever way, I would be keen to attend, and also register, and pay a deposit if I have a reasonable assurance that the event will not be cancelled.

Possibly more publicity and marketing for the event would have the desirable success. Suggest all interested parties start to get the ball rolling for a 2009, or 2010 bash.

Regards,
Arnulf