SOUTH COAST FLYING 2015

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: SOUTH COAST FLYING 2015

Postby vernon11 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Aren't Johan and Dawie organising the fly away? or has that duty been handed over to someone else. The owner of our field Dave Kinsey phoned me top say someone from the group contacted him, about landing at our field. he told them to contact me. can I help in anyway? Is there a problem. My phone no. 0834598673
Cheers,
Vernon.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Lets just have more than one fly away. :)
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:08 pm

RV12 wrote:Any suggestions on routing to Margate ? Some of us cannot land at the Ultra City....
Hi RV ##

With the last trip, we routed to Standerton-Ladysmith-Eva's field-Margate. We spent the night at the motel at Ladysmith which is right next to the airfield...literally a fence separating the field and motel.The runway at standerton,ladysmith and Eva's are very good and long enough for your RV.Howick airfield is also very close to Eva's if you would like a longer runway :mrgreen:

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Lassie
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Lassie » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:32 pm

Welkom om by my te land op Standerton. Ek is dan oppad Botswana toe vir die trip saam met die Microland manne maar die baan is beskikbaar(900m). Vlakfontein waar die ouens laas jaar geland het is meesal 'n crosswind baan. Laat weet dan sorg ek dat die baan mooi is.

Dawid
RV12
Survived second engine out

Postby RV12 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 am

Madman wrote:
RV12 wrote:Any suggestions on routing to Margate ? Some of us cannot land at the Ultra City....
Hi RV ##

With the last trip, we routed to Standerton-Ladysmith-Eva's field-Margate. We spent the night at the motel at Ladysmith which is right next to the airfield...literally a fence separating the field and motel.The runway at standerton,ladysmith and Eva's are very good and long enough for your RV.Howick airfield is also very close to Eva's if you would like a longer runway :mrgreen:

(^^)
What makes you think I plan to fly with an RV ? vhpy
RV12

Postby RV12 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:11 am

Madman wrote:Hi RV ##

(^^)
Perfect ! Bushbaby for me. My wife wants to join so I might just be taking the RV.....
Last edited by RV12 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RV12

Postby RV12 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 am

vernon11 wrote:Aren't Johan and Dawie organising the fly away? or has that duty been handed over to someone else. The owner of our field Dave Kinsey phoned me top say someone from the group contacted him, about landing at our field. he told them to contact me. can I help in anyway? Is there a problem. My phone no. 0834598673
Cheers,
Vernon.
No problem Vernon.
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:11 pm

RV12 wrote:
vernon11 wrote:Aren't Johan and Dawie organising the fly away? or has that duty been handed over to someone else. The owner of our field Dave Kinsey phoned me top say someone from the group contacted him, about landing at our field. he told them to contact me. can I help in anyway? Is there a problem. My phone no. 0834598673
Cheers,
Vernon.
No problem Vernon.
You have my number now, should you need to get hold of me for anything.
Looking forward to you guys coming down.
Cheers.
Vernon.
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Margate 25/4/2015 to 3/5/2015

Postby Air Hog » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:41 pm

The Margate 2015 is now officially on.
The plan is to leave Saturday morning the 25th of April and sleep over at Ladysmith, then leave via Eve's airfield to Margate. (This was the route that was taken last year) The sleepover at Ladysmith is big fun, the local club arranged a braai.
Some accommodation is available but as far as I know, this is already fully booked. But this should not be a problem as Margate is a holiday town with LOTS of accommodation.
The BIG PROBLEM that we are going to have is Hangarage. The hanger that we normally use is not available for this period but Dawie is in contact with Margate to see what can be arranged.

There is a Trip briefing on the Saturday the 17th of January at Kroon Clubhouse at 14h00. If interested to go, try and be there.

One condition with NO exceptions: If you want to fly down, you need at least 100 hrs. This trip to Margate is not a trip for inexperience Pilots. Rather trailer down and enjoy the coastal flying.

The flying at the coast is a dream and flying all day is possible. Even inexperience pilots can fly all day. There is a lot of experienced Pilots in the group going down so coaching will be provided. Many has done the trip before.

If you want to know what the trip is like, I will quote Rafiek (Madman) "AWESOME!!!!!!"

For more information, please contact
Dawie o82 5seven6 two355 or
Johan o716o90647 (At this stage I am not going with because of work commitments but will assist with the arrangements)
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
RV12

Postby RV12 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Got this from someone who did the trip last year. Probably needs some changing.
Attachments
Margate via Vlakfontein.xls
(29 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:08 am

RV12 wrote:Got this from someone who did the trip last year. Probably needs some changing.
RV12, this will be the route for the Trikes. It is a tested route.

If you come down with the RV, I would suggest that you route to Ladysmith to sleep over on the Saturday. There will be a braai with the locals which is always fun. There is accommodation available on the airfield at very reasonable prices. You will just have to book early to make sure you have a place to stay!!

@Shane, can you maybe speak to the lodge management and reserve all rooms for us for that night? We will get the Pilots to confirm their rooms ASAP.
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:35 am

Air Hog wrote:The Margate 2015 is now officially on.
The plan is to leave Saturday morning the 25th of April and sleep over at Ladysmith, then leave via Eve's airfield to Margate. (This was the route that was taken last year) The sleepover at Ladysmith is big fun, the local club arranged a braai.
Some accommodation is available but as far as I know, this is already fully booked. But this should not be a problem as Margate is a holiday town with LOTS of accommodation.
The BIG PROBLEM that we are going to have is Hangarage. The hanger that we normally use is not available for this period but Dawie is in contact with Margate to see what can be arranged.

There is a Trip briefing on the Saturday the 17th of January at Kroon Clubhouse at 14h00. If interested to go, try and be there.

One condition with NO exceptions: If you want to fly down, you need at least 100 hrs. This trip to Margate is not a trip for inexperience Pilots. Rather trailer down and enjoy the coastal flying.

The flying at the coast is a dream and flying all day is possible. Even inexperience pilots can fly all day. There is a lot of experienced Pilots in the group going down so coaching will be provided. Many has done the trip before.

If you want to know what the trip is like, I will quote Rafiek (Madman) "AWESOME!!!!!!"

For more information, please contact
Dawie o82 5seven6 two355 or
Johan o716o90647 (At this stage I am not going with because of work commitments but will assist with the arrangements)
100% agree with Johan ##

This was the most Epic trip ever..the highlight of my flying career :mrgreen:

I love it...AWESOME flying,AWESOME mates,AWESOME Food and not to mention AWESOME GEES..getting goosies just thinking about it!!!! ## ## ##

Dawie and Johan sure know what they are doing when it comes to organising an EPIC flyaway (!!)

(^^)
RV12

Postby RV12 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:12 am

Air Hog wrote:
RV12 wrote:Got this from someone who did the trip last year. Probably needs some changing.
RV12, this will be the route for the Trikes. It is a tested route.

If you come down with the RV, I would suggest that you route to Ladysmith to sleep over on the Saturday. There will be a braai with the locals which is always fun. There is accommodation available on the airfield at very reasonable prices. You will just have to book early to make sure you have a place to stay!!
I might just take the Bushbaby so that I can "keep up" with the trikes. vhpy

P.S. Is Vlakfontein Standerton ?
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:35 am

Yeah RV..Vlakfontein is Standerton :-D
RV12

Postby RV12 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:08 am

Madman wrote:Yeah RV..Vlakfontein is Standerton :-D
Thanks madman.

Getting back to the route in the Excel spreadsheet - I assume that some of the trikes will fly via Newcastle to Ladysmith ?