Mozambique - wanting to arrange fly in

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
Mozfly
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Re: Mozambique - wanting to arrange fly in

Postby Mozfly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:02 am

Hi guys

Sorry Iv been quite the last few days, work as usual.

Mulder, please carry on, it's seems we from 5 to 10 plane now!!!!

Some progress on my side:

I have got rates in from Palmeiras, looks goods. I'm just waiting for Manico camp now.

Iv sent and official request to the Airports company requesting that they offer us exempt landing fees at Bilene and Inhaca. I know it's been done before so I'm pushing them. I have also requested that we can do clearance at Bilene. If that happens then I believe the stop over at Kruger will be fine as the chaps can fly straight to Bilene, half the distance.

I'm 60% complete with the bookings form and details of the trip. I have also requested assistance from the Aeroclub, however I'm sure you aware if the politics!!!

I'm sure it will take a week or two for the Airport to get back to me, in the meantime I think we can gather some more numbers, but I agree that too many just complicates the situation.

Will keep you updated!

Cheers
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 am

Mozfly wrote:Mulder, please carry on, it's seems we from 5 to 10 plane now!!!!
Thanks Mozfly. It is going to be great.
Mozfly wrote:I have got rates in from Palmeiras, looks goods. I'm just waiting for Manico camp now.
For Complexo Palmeiras the "owner" is Eddie/Bella Ruiz on +258 2 825 9019. Ask him for his local Metical rate. There is also Praia Do Sol on +258 82 319 3040. Both these camps will shuttle to the airfield. On Inhaca Island, for Manico Camp, you can speak to Hester (owner) on +258 82 586 1207. I was planning to stay there in Feb and she gave me a rate of R 250 pppn. There is also Ramos Camp right next door to Manico. Just don't work through agencies!
Attachments
Resize of Camps.jpg
Inhaca Island accomodation - right next to airfield.
Resize of Camps.jpg (46.86 KiB) Viewed 3023 times
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Mozfly

Postby Mozfly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:56 am

Hi

Thanks. Ya I know Eddie for years. They sent me an offer of 2 person chalet, including breakfast and dinner for R 800.00 per night. Works out to R 400 p/p diner bed and breakfast.

Should we get an offer just on accommodation excluding meals?

Better for then to quote in rands as the exchange rate sucks at the moment for those who owns rands.

Now onto Manico....
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:27 am

Mozfly wrote:Thanks. Ya I know Eddie for years. They sent me an offer of 2 person chalet, including breakfast and dinner for R 800.00 per night. Works out to R 400 p/p diner bed and breakfast.
Yip, me too, since 1998.
Mozfly wrote:Should we get an offer just on accommodation excluding meals?
As most will fly in they won't have cuttlery and pots and pans with them and the challets do not have this stuff. But get a quote for those who want to trailer all the way. If Maputo Airport is very expensive I might trailer all the way and fly back to Bilene after Inhaca. But R 400 p/p/p/n DBB is very good. vhpy By the way, my wife will be with me, so, I will need a 2 person chalet just for us.

Mozfly Gavin (Maputo)
Paul Mulder (Microland)
Dionne Mulder (Microland)
John Comely (Aeroden)
Turbo (Petit?)
Turbo's Friend (Petit?)
Paul Van Schalkwyk (Microland)
Brett Hill (Durban)
Devon Hill (Durban)
Jon Hewitt (Komatipoort)
Jon's Friend (Barberton)
Leon (Polokwane)

12 persons, 11 aircraft. (^^) (^^)

This is going to be great. Can't wait. (^^)

I am going to be in Macaneta, at Makiti Lodge from the 8 Feb for a week. On my way down, maybe, we can meet up somewhere in Maputo....maybe at the fish market on the corner of Parao Palmar Ave & Marginal Ave, for lunch?
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Tonies
Thinking of flying

Postby Tonies » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi Mozfly,
Year before December i trailered my joy ride in to my house in Pri de Xia Xia and had all my paperwork done through Steve at International Flight Clearances at Lanceria. That was with the military clearences below 1500 and no problems at border.At a fee of +-R500 its a steel with no worrys at loads of paperwork.I based my joy ride at the old airport at Xia Xia and had the fire department look after it as they use the hanger for there vechiles.Flew to Limpopo Mouth Beline +- 18km down coast and up river was faaaaaaaaaaaantastic.
I will do it in a jiffy again.
Steve Wright's contact details:
email:flightops@flyifc.co.za
tel:+27 011-7012330
+27 769831089
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Ok Tonies, this is the jiffy you have been waiting for. You coming? (^^) (^^)

Didn't know the Xai Xai airfield was still operational. What was the surface type and condition? I looked at it on Google E and it did not look good. I must admit, I did not fly past to check the condition. ##

Come join us. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Mozfly

Postby Mozfly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi Pual M

Ok lekker il get a price just for accommodation.

I'm creating a bookings sheet for accommodation so the guys can input how many bums in beds per booking.

Look first prize will be to clear at Bilene. This will save time! We will have to pay for the officials to be there on entry as well as get them up there, but il make a plan for that. It looks like we are going to get a good deal with regards to airport taxes!!!!

When exiting you guys can do paper work at Maputo as we will be leaving at Inhaca, so we only requesting clearance for entry at Bilene.

I will send out the information I have soon and then just update the airport costs as I should only hear from then in a week or two. As you know, nothing happens quickly this end!

@ Tonies, il sort out military and CAA here as Iv made some contacts while pulling my hair out for my own aerie.

I flew over the Xai Xai runway the other day but was under the impression it was not operational! If weather plays game this weekend il try and land there. Saw nice firm green grass from the air!

Once I'm done with the information brochure, I'm going to post it on Avcom, maybe we can get some chaps from that side. I agree, smaller group better for all. At the moment there is 11 plus 1 Explorer from Petit and maybe even Stephan from KFA.

The guys need to remember I'm not doing this as an income, so no obligations but just to try and assist!

Question, what type of fuel you guys need? Must it be 95 or can you use the local fuel? I bring in 95 from Komati for my 912s.....

Cheers
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Ok Ok. Looks like I am in as well. (^^) (!!) I think Shane will probably join in as well.
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Mozfly

Postby Mozfly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:44 pm

KFA wrote:Ok Ok. Looks like I am in as well. (^^) (!!) I think Shane will probably join in as well.
Well done! Now we getting a good group together!
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:35 am

Great Mozfly, you are a star.

Why I am interested in Xai Xai is we could land there one morning and have a coffee and rusks from our panniers. That is if they won't charge us. Zongoene is also an option but it is private. ##

For a 582 two stroke your local fuel is fine. I used it without problems. Just, as usual practice for me, run it through a filter when filling your tank.

Looking forward to your form. (^^)

Thanks for all the effort you are putting in. Also just shout if I can help (^^)

I will update the list when I am at my PC. puff
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:33 am

We have:

Mozfly Gavin (Maputo)
Paul Mulder (Microland)
Dionne Mulder (Microland)
John Comely (Aeroden)
Turbo (Petit?)
Turbo's Friend (Petit?)
Paul Van Schalkwyk (Microland)
Brett Hill (Durban)
Devon Hill (Durban)
Jon Hewitt (Komatipoort)
Jon's Friend (Barberton)
Leon (Polokwane)
Stephan KFA (Petit)
Shane (Petit)

14 persons 13 planes.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Tonies
Thinking of flying

Postby Tonies » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Guys,
The Xia Xia Runway has +-650m good very short grass surface just left of the two tracks your aproach is from the river side to the right of the bridge and your threshold is on the corner of the mielie lands on the left. just past hanger on right.
The end of runway is close to the dirt road to Zimeleng and has a low powerline on same direction as road.
Airport is not active and no landing fees to be paid just watch out for locals as is space age for them.Used by Fire Brigade took the bravest one for flip and the chief a good man.
You are also +- 100m from main street of Xia Xia and there is a fuel station at the bridge.
Work permitting i will be there.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Tonies wrote:Work permitting i will be there.
Who is your boss, then I will phone him/her :shock:

Thanks for the feedback about Xai Xai. We will make a draai there for some coffee and rusks from the pannier.

Spoke to Mozfly. The plans are progressing very well. You can't believe the amount of effort he is putting in. He is doing a stunning, thorough job. Gavin you are a star (^^) (^^) Watch this space for the results!. Just some outstanding costs to sort out.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Tonies
Thinking of flying

Postby Tonies » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Own boss got sons wedding on Saterday will be comming up on sunday missis says shes not missing it if possible.
will trailer through.
avgas
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby avgas » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:41 pm

lets see what we can arrange from Nylstroom (^^)
Real men don't have to kill a Rhino for a Horn
Balls to the wall