4 Jan 2014, FABS New Years Breakfast fly-in

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: 4 Jan 2014, FABS New Years Breakfast fly-in

Postby pietmeyer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:58 am

Thanks to Brits guys for organizing another awesome fly-in. It was nice to see everybody again as well as putting some faces to guys we always chat to on the forum. Brits airfield is still one of my favourite stops. vhpy (^^)
Piet Meyer
Jabi J400 ZU-DUU (Wonderboom)
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:38 pm

This morning's well attended breakfast fly-in to FABS (Brits). Photos taken by my back-seat son before the majority arrived. On the ground already are the Kroon Crowd, John Aeroden, Piet Ingwe and many friends I had not the chance to greet properly :oops:
What a lovely fly-in at such short notice ! Thanks all for attending. Total tally for the day was 45+ a/c vhpy

Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby pietmeyer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:47 am

Roel

You guys know how to host a fly-in. Thanks again (^^)
Piet Meyer
Jabi J400 ZU-DUU (Wonderboom)
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Robbie Shaw » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Great photo's...
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks Piet en Robbie,
What makes it easy to host events is the willingness of our members and grounds staff to offer assistance. Combine that with a balanced young - and old hands committee and everything becomes possible. Without them it would have been a schlepp. Who would have expected 45+ a/c turnout with an event announced less than a week prior ?

However, the main reason for success of any aviation event lies with you, the pilots and crew, who are willing to spend money, time, fuel and turbulence to attend these offerings ! A big and heartfelt thank you to all out there for creating space for get-togethers where the common goal of free aviation is shared around a cup of coffee after a great flight ! Salute.

By the way, after you guys left yesterday, EAA's Karl Jensen arrived and I can now break the news that Brits has now also bagged the 2014 EAA Sun & Fun for 19 - 21 September this year ! (^^) . Can't wait to dig into the organisation of this beauty following the successful EAA Convention at Brits last year.
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Folla
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Folla » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:03 pm

kloot piloot wrote:Thanks Piet en Robbie,
What makes it easy to host events is the willingness of our members and grounds staff to offer assistance. Combine that with a balanced young - and old hands committee and everything becomes possible. Without them it would have been a schlepp. Who would have expected 45+ a/c turnout with an event announced less than a week prior ?

However, the main reason for success of any aviation event lies with you, the pilots and crew, who are willing to spend money, time, fuel and turbulence to attend these offerings ! A big and heartfelt thank you to all out there for creating space for get-togethers where the common goal of free aviation is shared around a cup of coffee after a great flight ! Salute.

By the way, after you guys left yesterday, EAA's Karl Jensen arrived and I can now break the news that Brits has now also bagged the 2014 EAA Sun & Fun for 19 - 21 September this year ! (^^) . Can't wait to dig into the organisation of this beauty following the successful EAA Convention at Brits last year.
(^^) (^^) (^^) Gaan die pannekoek tannie's weer daar wees? Dan is ek daar. Thanx vir Saterdag, het nou wel in gery maar die vlieg geselskap was wonderlik.
Folla

This is not Flying, this is a Flippen Adventure.!!!!![/size]
Goose
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Thank you to the Brits team for the wonderful breakfast will be back for more (^^)
kloot piloot wrote:By the way, after you guys left yesterday, EAA's Karl Jensen arrived and I can now break the news that Brits has now also bagged the 2014 EAA Sun & Fun for 19 - 21 September this year ! (^^) . Can't wait to dig into the organisation of this beauty following the successful EAA Convention at Brits last year.
Will be there with the Kitfox or the RV :wink:

Groete
Goose
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:25 am

:mrgreen:
Looks very nice (^^)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School