14 Dec LONG weekend Fly-Away to ELANDS Quad Camp

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

14 Dec LONG weekend Fly-Away to ELANDS Quad Camp

Postby mulderpm » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:29 am

I spoke to Madman, of Chain Gang fame, and they are keen to join us for a weekend fly-away.

Oom Paula (Blue Max) says he has space for us at Elands Quad Camp, over the long weekend of the 14th, 15th, & 16th December.

He is located at S25 01.951 E29 08.011 and has a dirt runway 440 meters long, 04/22, 124.8 Mhz. From Microland it is about 130 Km (1 Hr 35 min) and from Crosswinds 191 Km (2 Hrs) . His place is a self catering bush camp with a couple of Huts/log cabins and a Lapa, pool and a braai. We can also do a couple of scenic flights over Loskop dam and along the Crocodile rive to the Orabie dam and back to the camp along the Elands River.(1 Hr 15 min.) Oom Paula can take us in to Groblersdal for fuel, food and drink supplies....nê Oom Paula...dankie. xxx Then we just braai our own stuff. (^^)

Maybe the Potties trikers like Nicow and Asterix can join us on Saturday for a brekkie. (^^)

I am not sure what the cost of accommodation is but it is very, very reasonable. (**)

Bring your costume....it is Lowveld (2800 ft) climate there, and gets Friggen hot. Bundy, bring a spare pare of under rods....and Lady Sharon, don't tear Bundy rods again. Also, remind Frank to bring his Kindle AND your toiletry bag :lol: :lol:

I have booked for D & me with him. Let me or Oom Paula know if you are interested. I will also SMS this invite to all the Tailwinds. (^^)

Going to be great. (^^) (^^)
Attachments
Resize of IMG_6549.JPG
Loskop Dam
Resize of IMG_6552.JPG
Loskop Dam
Resize of IMG_6563.JPG
Scramble
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: 14 Dec LONG weekend Fly-Away to ELANDS Quad Camp

Postby nicow » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:41 am

Die Potties Patrollie sal sekerlik kom kuier... (!!)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:51 pm

The first 6 will get FREE accomodation. (**) (**) (^^) (^^) Thereafter, it will cost R100 per person per night.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
KlapperKnop
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby KlapperKnop » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Mulder and myself confirmed ... dont know who the others are ...
ZU-DJE
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Ok Faiz. Bundy has also taken one, so 4 left. Julle slap saam :lol: :lol:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
ME 109
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby ME 109 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 pm

i'd love to join! If all my travelling works out according to plan, I'll be home Friday 13th, fly to Middelburg, refuel and then to Loskop dam, Groblersdal. to join the group. I will confirm as soon as my flight details to SA are issued.
Andries
Andries Kruger
ZU-CSZ Aquilla 582 (Bumble bee)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Mark and Fiona xxx confirmed. Only 2 free ones left. It is going to be frantastique. :shock:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 pm

ME 109 wrote:i'd love to join! If all my travelling works out according to plan, I'll be home Friday 13th, fly to Middelburg, refuel and then to Loskop dam, Groblersdal. to join the group. I will confirm as soon as my flight details to SA are issued.
Andries
Great, hope Monica can make it as well. There is lots of space. It is such fun at his place....ands then there is Mr. BM as well to make you feel lekker. :lol:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:53 pm

vhpy
Kom manne , die kamp het baie slaapplek.
R100 ppp nag is mahalla.
Alles is daar. skoon beddegoed. skoon swembad. elektrisiteit,( pas gekry van Eskom..!!)
As ek weet hoeveel ouens kom ( en bring julle vrouens saam) koop ek van die beste stakes en chops wat jy nerenns anders kan kry nie.
Die braai pakkies is hier baie goedkoper en beter gehallte as daar by julle in GP.!
Doen my n guns.. Bespreek by Paul, hy sal my die syfers deurgee later, of ek sal dit optel op ML.
Dit is n klein entjie se vlieg tot hier.
Laat waai maraai.!
Asterix moet ook kom en hy moet twee skaap ribbetjies saambring, net omdat hy so stil is deesdae.!!
(^^)
Oom Polla.
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Robbie Shaw » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:00 am

mulderpm wrote:I spoke to Madman, of Chain Gang fame, and they are keen to join us for a weekend fly-away.

Oom Paula (Blue Max) says he has space for us at Elands Quad Camp, over the long weekend of the 14th, 15th, & 16th December.

He is located at S25 01.951 E29 08.011 and has a dirt runway 440 meters long, 04/22, 124.8 Mhz. From Microland it is about 130 Km (1 Hr 35 min) and from Crosswinds 191 Km (2 Hrs) . His place is a self catering bush camp with a couple of Huts/log cabins and a Lapa, pool and a braai. We can also do a couple of scenic flights over Loskop dam and along the Crocodile rive to the Orabie dam and back to the camp along the Elands River.(1 Hr 15 min.) Oom Paula can take us in to Groblersdal for fuel, food and drink supplies....nê Oom Paula...dankie. xxx Then we just braai our own stuff. (^^)

Maybe the Potties trikers like Nicow and Asterix can join us on Saturday for a brekkie. (^^)

I am not sure what the cost of accommodation is but it is very, very reasonable. (**)

Bring your costume....it is Lowveld (2800 ft) climate there, and gets Friggen hot. Bundy, bring a spare pare of under rods....and Lady Sharon, don't tear Bundy rods again. Also, remind Frank to bring his Kindle AND your toiletry bag :lol: :lol:

I have booked for D & me with him. Let me or Oom Paula know if you are interested. I will also SMS this invite to all the Tailwinds. (^^)

Going to be great. (^^) (^^)
Paul,

I so would like to join you guys,,, I will have to drive there, count me in please send me the gps coordinates. vhpy (^^)
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 am

Great (^^)

Confirmed:
Paul & Dionne
Faizel 2 nights
Alan
Mark & Fiona
Andries?
Robbie

I am leaving on Friday 15 Nov and will only be back 6 Dec. So, after the 15 please book with Oom Paul.

For those who are flying, I would like to leave on Friday morning and fly back Monday morning. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 am

Well guys last year we had an absolute ball...and yes bring your costumes as it's like 35 in the shade!!! (**) vhpy

Paul thank you for the booking on my behalf, I am really hoping I can go. It is however 3 days before I shut shop for the year and will depend entirely on how things progress in the next few weeks. I will be a late confirmee. :roll:

Legendary spot guys....the flip we had last year over Loskop dam was one of the best flights I've ever had. I hope the weather is as kind to us this time round. (^^)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:00 am

Ok Great. The confirmed ones will be at the top of the list for free accomodation.

Paul & Dionne
Faizel 2 nights
Mark & Fiona
Robbie
Andries?
Alan?

Come on Rafiek. You said the guys were keen. Let's see your replies. (^^) (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:37 am

Free accomodation finished.

Paul & Dionne-PAID for 8 persons for 3 nights. Thanks Dionne.

Andries?
Alan?
Rafiek?
Robbie?
Neil?
Gavin?
Gary?

Oom Paula is reserving accomodation for us for that popular long weekend for R100 ppp night, almost mahala. Therefore, to the persons with "?" next to there names, to secure your booking you must pay for the nights you intend to stay into my account:

ABSA Brooklyn Square
Acc: 1500560211
Br: 335345
Acc holder: Mr. P.M. Mulder

Oom Paula has asked me to do this for him and therefore I will settle the accomodation bill with him when we leave.

There are only a limited number of huted accomodation available. If you are late you will have to bring a tent....or sleep under the stars...
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Alpha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:46 am

mulderpm wrote:Free accomodation finished.

Paul & Dionne-PAID for 8 persons for 3 nights. Thanks Dionne.

Andries?
Alan?
Rafiek?
Robbie?
Neil?
Gavin?
Gary?

Oom Paula is reserving accomodation for us for that popular long weekend for R100 ppp night, almost mahala. Therefore, to the persons with "?" next to there names, to secure your booking you must pay for the nights you intend to stay into my account:

ABSA Brooklyn Square
Acc: 1500560211
Br: 335345
Acc holder: Mr. P.M. Mulder

Oom Paula has asked me to do this for him and therefore I will settle the accomodation bill with him when we leave.

There are only a limited number of huted accomodation available. If you are late you will have to bring a tent....or sleep under the stars...
Hi Paul,

As I have it, the chain ang will be there in the form of Madman (Rafiek), Tailspin (Gavin), Robbie, Neil and myself Alpha (Gary) with a possible Tank (Ettienne)...

Get ready for an awesome one boys....

So we fly in on saturday and out sunday??? What are the arrangements?

(^^) (^^) Hier Kom ons oom Polla
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory - Flying is making moments, memories

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/