Plane-less
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: The Road to Tedderfield 7th to 9th Feb 2014

Postby ZULU1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:35 am

Thug.jpg
Thug.jpg (20.42 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
Coming in new car and some nice surprises...
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:07 pm

I will try and fly in early with all the other trikes next year...not like this year where I was in circuit with some fast aeries at 12h30 in the arvie :lol: ## ## ## ## ##

Looking forward to an awesome event,both so far were really awesome :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work ##

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
irenehawk
Pre flight checks done

Postby irenehawk » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 am

Hi, this year the Irene Air scouts helped with marshelling and parking of cars and planes, the kids have not stopped talking about it since. I hope they can be involved again next year?

Now that i know what to expect they can arrive better prepared, and i can get air scouts from other troops to join us to i crease the numbers.

So far last year's event convinced 2 of the scouts to start taining on wsc microlighter.
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby CVStrong » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:24 pm

irenehawk wrote:Hi, this year the Irene Air scouts helped with marshelling and parking of cars and planes, the kids have not stopped talking about it since. I hope they can be involved again next year?

Now that i know what to expect they can arrive better prepared, and i can get air scouts from other troops to join us to i crease the numbers.

So far last year's event convinced 2 of the scouts to start taining on wsc microlighter.
Hey Paul,

Didn't know you were on here... we really must catch up sometime... I got my little orange book last week, and will be happy to come and spend some time with the scouts...

We must get some of the seniors down to Numbi next year... or maybe just the Rovers... the guys will love to watch the competition side of things... if they are keen on WCM now, by the end of the weekend, they will be sold for life... Or maybe scarred :-P

Chat soon

Craig
irenehawk
Pre flight checks done

Postby irenehawk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Hey, got my little orange book on Monday as well. Did not know you were on here either. Congrads. (Pm sent)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:02 am

irenehawk wrote:Hi, this year the Irene Air scouts helped with marshelling and parking of cars and planes, the kids have not stopped talking about it since. I hope they can be involved again next year?

Hey Paul,

What a question? But of course! Book the dates Sir, lets have a chat next month and we will definitely love to have you guys again. :)

Our Marketing flier and provisional programme is nearly ready folks...some interesting and exciting changes to the day this year. (!!)
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:10 am

D2O wrote:Loving it!

Marius, Bundy & John, check your pm's.
I've got some ideas for Tedders I'd like to share vhpy

(^^)
Need some feedback guys, time's running out ##

Looking forward to it! Hope the weather plays along!
Plane-less
JCH
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby JCH » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Conrad wrote:Whoo hooo !
You better get the conversion done so that you can fly there and enjoy the envious looks...
I'll be away working in Burkina at the time :(> :(> :(> :(>
JCH
"The more you practice the luckier you get" - Gary Player
ZU-FDA
ZU-FVX
Folla
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Folla » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Kan nie wag nie.
Folla

This is not Flying, this is a Flippen Adventure.!!!!![/size]
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Good Afternoon to all our members.

It is with sadness that I must announce on behalf of the Misasa EXCO, that the planned Tedderfield Shootout has been cancelled. Please read the following response that was published on the Misasa website this morning...and take note of the alternate arrangements that have been made. :)

We have, for some years, held the vision of an event that grows each year. We hoped that some day it would be the premier South African aviation showcase. Certainly pilots, of all persuasions, want to see what is new. Suppliers being offered a fully paid for event with no entrance fees and which is supported with promotional material worth hundreds of thousands of rands must be unique and valued by them.

Why has this event been cancelled?

Quite simply the ball park has changed and the regularity and governing authorities have not issued the necessary clearances for us to host what has been an amazingly successful event for a few years now. We now move to Kitty Hawk (FAKT) to host a day that requires no sanction or approval other than from the Kitty Hawk Committee with whom we will work to create better and better aviation showcases in this and future years.

The Kitty Hawk Shootout will have no airshow elements to it. In this respect only, we are changing the nature of the event. The event will be fully catered with breakfast, lunch and dinner options on sale as well as beverages, snacks and a bar will be available throughout.
In addition, MISASA will sponsor Abbot and Crab for the evenings entertainment. (!!)
Hangar talk will again run wild before the brave take to the night under their wings! We will announce alternative sleeping arrangements and transport to local accommodation is being finalised.

In effect, it is but a reversal to what it was offered in 2012. SUPPLIERS ARE WELCOME. There is no charge for entrance nor for a ground static display. We have no less of an appetite for our original vision. Suppliers will be showcased, in full colour print, in promotional literature at no charge.

All that changes now is that we will work with all affiliated sub-sections of the Aero-Club to rebuild a programme of events and to offer a spectacular day that showcases aviation like no other.

We hope that you will support the event! (details of which will follow on a separate thread)

The draw for a free trip to Oshkosh will now happen at Kitty Hawk. (^^)
Suppliers can add DEALS that we will promote to their listings at http://www.eGauteng.info where we have an online "Expo" that provides details of suppliers. CLICK HERE to see it: http://www.egauteng.info/mall-busbusiness.php?cat=22

If a supplier is not listed and you will be there - please email your information to Thelma Boucher at admin@misasa.org

Thank you kindly to all of you who showed your support for this unique event in past years. I personally thank my Misasa Collegues who have spent long hours doing their very best to try and see this through. I salute you for your hard work and dedication. We are saddened to have to leave Tedderfield behind and move on, but we are very positive about forming a new event and atmosphere at The Shootout's new home.....KittyHawk.

Please look out for the thread I will be starting shortly and we will see you all on the 8th of Feb! vhpy