Less than 3 months to go! ## vhpy
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Africa Cup 2013

Postby Dish » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:25 am

25th Anniversary - gonna make this the biggest one yet... lets start booking our spaces at numbi -
RV9
DISH
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:26 am

vhpy
Ek sal daar wees. ( indien die engel Gabriel my nie voor die tyd kom haal nie.!! :)
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby CVStrong » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Please can you guys give more detail for us newbies... I have my trike, and I shoudl have my license in the new few weeks...

Ciao

Craig
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:25 pm

The Africa Cup - otherwise known as Numbi is an annual event not to be missed for all microlighters. Its hosted in the Numbi Hotel In Hazyview, normally around the long weekend in September and is a fabulous time for all involved. The event usually comprises a cross country navigation exercise where participants are expected to fly by using maps only to various waypoints along a 50 - 75 km route, identifying objects and photos along the way. NO GPS aids are used and the person with the most 'complete" set of identifications is deemed the winner. Them follows a series of in circuit challenges... i.e. a spot landing competition with engine on and dead stick, timed 4 min circuit (not like madman thinks 40 seconds), flower bombing and the all time favourite bog roll cutting where the participants are expected to climb to a certain altitude throw out a roll of toilet paper in a manner that extends it the most and then through a series of timed a sometimes tight turns, cut it as many times on the way down as possible, while staying ABOVE the 'hard deck" -

Generally (depending on the weekend) folk arrive on the first day in gaggles from all over the country. The first night is always a traditional SKOP of a party with some pilots even fearing the outcome (ask asterix) - its up to you though and if you don't drink/ wanna party theres no pressure. the rest of the weekend weather depending is spent at leisure flying the spectacular graskop, hazyview, sabie sabie area, the kruger boundary, mac mac falls and the most beautiful gods window.... all when done from the air are just incredible. The afternoons are generally when the comp is held and is a great event supported by all, even some locals pop down to watch the fun....

The last evening is prize giving where there is normally a theme attached. Prizes are given out to all and sundry from a most gees award, to airmanship, winner of the various events etc... newbies, longest distance flown to attend etc etc.... all lekker fun. The next day, folk tend to pack up, pay their bills and depart for various fields...

This year is the 25th anniversary of numbi and we hope to have in attendance legends of Microlighting like Barry Culligan (demon) who was at the first and I believe the rest, Basie Langenhoven (aerodens GM) who is a stalwart, Mike Blythe (sling designer and world record holder and of course all the okes reading this and there families who are the present and future of the sport...
Really, if you can get there do, its gonna be a special one.
RV9
DISH
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Hou op twyfel,en kom saam ## ## ## -baie pret! :!: :!: ($$)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby CVStrong » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Ok Dish,

You have me convinced... where do I book / sign up etc... Anyone got the details on costs etc...

This is gonna be awesome...
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Only cost is the hotel... contact numbi hotel hazyview and book a room..... the rest is fuel etc.... no entry fee for the comp... where do you fly from?? even if you don't have your license, drive in, its a brilliant way to meet the guys, someone will always be available to take you for a flip... great experience...
RV9
DISH
Mozfly
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Mozfly » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Microlights only?
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Mozfly wrote:Microlights only?
Hi Mozfly, no, all can fly in for the fun. I am flying in with my Skyjeep en Dawie with his Savannah. This will be my third Numbi.
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Me in a bantam.... Mike had his sling there last year... Whatever you fly your welcome.... This will be my fifth... (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)
RV9
DISH
Mozfly

Postby Mozfly » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Sounds good, I'm in! (First timer!)

Will keep an eye out for the dates so I can sort out accommodation and will try an get another aerie to fly with from Maputo.
AWACS
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby AWACS » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:59 pm

And of course the Petit Boytjies will once again be there.. (^^)
Skin, Nkwazi, myself , FKU Cheetah and hopefully a few more...
Conrad - Kom jy weer saam Boetie?
Raptor 582
ZU-Sling 2
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby CVStrong » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Dish wrote:Only cost is the hotel... contact numbi hotel hazyview and book a room..... the rest is fuel etc.... no entry fee for the comp... where do you fly from?? even if you don't have your license, drive in, its a brilliant way to meet the guys, someone will always be available to take you for a flip... great experience...
Hey Dish,

You will remember me (I hope) when you see me... we met at Flo's before he moved across to Eagle creek, and at Tedderfield... I have 5 hours left on my license, so should have it in the next couple of weeks... Flo is working his magic on my new baby ZU-APE... she is a raptor with a 582...

I spoke to the minister of finance passion and war tonight, her only comment was she can not make it due to a lack of leave, but is happy for me to go...

Really looking forward to it...

Will contact the hotel to find out about bookings...

Cheers

Craig
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Craig the chopper pilot?? sure I remember you !!

Do try and see if the minister of finance can make it at least for a day or two. its always good fun and generally thrown in over a long weekend so the leave requirement is minimal... perhaps a day...
If she cant come for the entire weekend, see if she can drive down for the weekend only?? _ Most of the wives, spouses and kids are there, fun for the family.
RV9
DISH