Microlghting Comp - Microland 9 & 10 March 2013

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
Mervyn Reynolds
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Microlghting Comp - Microland 9 & 10 March 2013

Postby Mervyn Reynolds » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:54 am

Fellow aspiring competitors - GREETINGS

1. Braai packs/fresh rolls and salad shall be available for purchase (at cost) on both days. James Pretorius
has kindly offered to assist with the fire making for the weekend.
(Charcoal sponsored by SKYRIDERS Flight School) - THANKS JAMES and SKYRIDERS!!
2. Tha LAPA shall be available at all times for purpose of catering; Urn/fridge included.
3. Those folk wishing to night over please let me know the numbers so as to arrange suitable
ablution.
4. T-shirts are being printed; Confirmation of sizing ASAP for those definitely participating to:
reynolds.mervyn@yahoo.com OR 0737636510.
5. All aircraft parking overnight require the following:
Tie down rope: 30m
Tent pegs: 4 off
Chocks: 4 off
Large Dustbin bag: 1 off
6. The following is required for navigation:

a Ruler, a Protractor, an Eraser, an Excel compatible computer for those who do not have a suitable Flight
Computer, a Calculator, two green or similar 0.5mm tipped permanent marker/overhead projector marking
pens, a mathematical compass that can accommodate the marking pens as mentioned, a 200mm lenght of
weedeater chord (2mm diameter minimum), 100ml of methylated spirits, a roll of toilet paper, a roll of Duct tape,
some scrap paper, writing material and two in-flight knee boards per competitor.
These kneeboards are available from Larry at BUZZCOM (0824101532); One is also able to use A4 clipboards which
need to be attached to the leg somehow (If they come off in flight - MAYDAY MAYDAY!! This is when Duct tape
becomes Gold)

That's about it for now, HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!
Mervfasa
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Microlghting Comp - Microland 9 & 10 March 2013

Postby Tribal Croc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:02 pm

So we have decided to do the camping thing and will be there early Friday morning ## ##

I have appointed my cousin husband AJ to be my navigator ## ## he will be known as "Meerkat NAV" :lol:

The only problem is that he only knows where all the pub's are so we might get a little bit lost :wink: ##

Looking forward to this one ## ## ## and make sure that you spell our names correctly on the trophy xxx
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies