Asterix's 40th Birthday Fly-inn: Beginsel,Standerton

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Asterix's 40th Birthday Fly-inn: Beginsel,Standerton

Postby Asterix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Some LOTS of catch-up to do at work so just quickly:

1. Thanx to all you guys who attended. Pity we could not take over the skies over the highveld with a squadron of trikes - but hey - the weather gods spoke..I'll be the last one to judge a trike pilot who does not want to take -off! The fact that you guys drove 100's of km's to my B - day means more to me than you will ever imagine! (^^)

2. TC - was nice to see the Disco Ball over Beginsel, and in the mieliestoor at Beginsel in the company of the Witchy Woman. (^^) Pity about your ugly pax... :roll: :roll: :wink:

3. Oom Polla en Deborah - thanx vir die reeling vir fuel daar by julle op Elands kamp. Het vanoggend daar geland en Alfred het ewe pligsgetrou vir my gestaan en wag met die kan petrol wat al van Vrydag af vir my wag! (^^) (Ek het hom betaal vir die juice en 'n vet tip gegee!)

4.This morning was okay untill I reached the Zebediela gap, and got hammered by rotor of a 20 kt Easterly rolling over the mountains and into the Gap. (**) New record for me for the most turbulent 10 minutes of my life - at one stage losing 800 ft in 30 seconds with the Rotaxie screaming at 6300 rpm.. :shock: :shock: (**) I just hanged on and let her go where she wants to in a more or less Northerly direction. Landed Poloks in at least 20 gusting 30 , 45 dgrees over RWY 08. I just "plakked" her on the runway with all three wheels at once. Couldn't get out of the trike to open hangar door - luckily help arrived.. GOOD WITH THE BAD - At last I trust topless wings now! ## ! If she could take that - she (and me) will be alright.. :wink:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks for the compliment Kaptein Kuifie (^^) :lol:
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:28 pm

One ahead of you, you ugly Discoball parasitic dragger! :wink: Check my signature! :lol: (You know of course that Kaptein Kuifie is the Afrikaans version of Tin-Tin)?
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 pm

And just in case you forgot how cold it can get here, you must have been reminded quite clearly this morning. :lol:
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Born and bred Highveld oukie - me! :lol: The guys were padded thick over the weekend asking me if I don't want a jacket! :lol: This breeding helped a lot this morning as me and TC took of in zub zero conditions. I was so worried about the wind I forgot about the temps untill I reached Witbank and found that my finger tips were no longer talking to my brain! :wink:

Thanks Tumbie for driving through Sat evening, and staying with a tired Asterix untill Sunday morning 00h10! vhpy (Also for your over-flight Friday afternoon, looking in vain for other trikers @ Beginsel. :lol: We were of at some guesthouse having some (^^) by that time.!

PS - Your cooler is still at Beginsel. Go collect when you drive / fly by Beginsel again! :wink:
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:47 am

(^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)

A big thank you Asterix and family for making it a weekend to remember xxx

One thing is for sure the boere know how to entertain and kept us all 5kg over MAUW ## ##

Flying down to Beginsel was changeling and I was glad to add Bundy's weight ## ## thanks for keeping me company ## ##

To all the pilots who drove in - =D* =D* thanks it really meant a lot to James and thats what it's all about-spending time with friends the flying is just a bonus (^^) (^^)

Standerton is a beautiful area to fly in but it was F*k#n cold when we left :o :o :o

Hope to see all of you soon

and again Thanks Kaptein Kuifie xxx
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:25 am