2013 Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice" Leaderboard Shootout

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
DarkHelmet
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

2013 Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice" Leaderboard Shootout

Postby DarkHelmet » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Hello,

The 2013 Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice" Leaderboard Shootout is to be held on 9 February 2013. We hope to exceed the 139 aircraft and 947 pilots that attended the 2012 day. Spread the word to aviators they are all welcome. Suppliers of aviation related products and services can participate and we will market your products and services to SA Aviators at no charge to you. The day is a fun day as most of you will recall from last year. It is free - just bring your own stand and braai pack for the evening's concert in the park.

If you want to participate you get a free advert / story published provided you are a confirmed entrant for something related to aviation.

The Shootout will relate to entered aircraft of any type or description in two classes: ready to fly and kits. There are, at this stage, fifteen categories. We will entertain requests for more categories if these are needed. The lower value categories accommodate model aircraft and move up to the one million Rand plus category. You may enter the same aircraft model in two categories as long as each may be registered and will be granted an ATF: one with minimum extras and another with many extras. the categories are as follows.
Cat 1 Cat 2 Cat 3 Cat 4 Cat 5 Cat 6 Cat 7 Cat 8 Cat 9 Cat 10 Cat 11 Cat 12 Cat 13 Cat 14 Cat 15
0-1K 1-5K 5-20K 20-50K 50-100K 100-200K 200-300K 300-400K 400-500K 500-600K 600-700K 700-800K 800-900K 900-1mil 1mil+ in 100k brackets

Entries are free.
Please can you send us by return e-mail to nemo@webo.co.za a write up of the aircraft that you intend to enter. We need the following:
- The Aircraft Class: Ready to fly or Kit
- The Aircraft Category: See Above eg Cat 7
- The Aircraft Description: Model Aircraft, Balloon, LSA etc
- A story about the aircraft, pictures of the aircraft. You may send the info in a variety of formats: a MS Word document formatted using the Arial Narrow 11 font. You may also send in: In Design, PSD, PDF or other documents.

On 22 November 2013 we will be finalising a 104 page edition of Microflight Africa that will mainly be dedicated to the Tedderfield event.
We will be distributing 2,000 high quality, full colour, printed copies and in addition we will have the edition available for electronic online review.
Your contribution to this Tedderfield Edition is needed ASAP - inclusion in the programme is free.

The 2013 “Best of the Best” Spoilt for choice Leaderboard Shootout will will be managed by an invited event organising committee drawn from volunteers that may be from any aircraft section of the Aviation fraternity including RAASA and the CAA. The setup of displays and arrival of attendees will be accommodated from Friday the 8th and breakup/departure will be on Sunday the 10th of February 2013.

As for last year the event will feature static displays by manufacturers and other suppliers as well as by members. Pilots will be encouraged to spend the night at the airfield for an evening of entertainment and “hangar talk.” Entrance is free.

Attendance will be open to members of the Aero Club and their invited guests. MISASA pilots and co-pilots will be the hosts (workers) for the day. The event will be a membership event and as such it will not be open to nor will it be advertised to the general public. All sections of the Aero Club will once again be invited to display and participate in all aspects of the day including the "Live evening concert in the park".

The printed programme is to cover all aspects of microlight and light sport aeroplane aviation as well as information on where to learn to fly and what aircraft / accessory options are available in SA. Aircraft suppliers and flight schools are urged to send advertorial content to me ASAP.

The “Shootout” publication will also be the programme for the event and it will include a voting proxy form for members to submit their votes on the “Best of the Best” by postal ballot. Online voting will once again be available. Remember the "shootout" envisages you having an "itch" to spend the amount of money per category and asks you to vote for what you would spend it on. You get a vote in each financial bracket. It is not a technical evaluation it is a fun "Live Response Feedback" on what was "Hot" on the day. The exact aircraft entered need not be on display but an aircraft of the model entered must be on display or that model will be disqualified.

Feather Award Trophies will be awarded to the “Best in Class” aircraft in the defined categories as well as to the “Best of the Best.” As mentioned. the winners in each class and the overall “Best of the Best” winner will be voted upon by pilots that attend the event.

Suppliers that wish to offer prizes should discuss the matter with me ASAP so as to ensure inclusion in the programme.

Members of any section wanting to sell any aviation regalia, flight schools, manufacturers, airfields, publications and distributors etc are encouraged to participate.

Your suggestions for improvement on the 2012 event are welcome. More specifically please let us have your views on:
- Formal aircraft/other presentations
- “Shootout” categories
- Static displays vs controlled aircraft fly-bys and or aerobatic type displays etc
- Demonstration flights
- Choice of catering options - we plan to offer the clubhouse to one vendor to be operated as a sole catering outlet subject to menu pricing approval by the committee re food and beverage.
- Evening entertainment

Advertisers that seek inclusion in the programme should send us an e-mail ASAP so as to reserve space in the publication. Our advertising rates are published on our website. see www.misasa.co.za
Website adverts are free to participants for 2013. Approved vendors will be offered the opportunity to display, demonstrate and sell their productucts and services, they will not be charged for approved advertorial content in the programme and they will not be charged for their display area. Open air display areas will be allocated and under cover requests must be submitted but please be advised that limited undercover space is available. Please bring your own tents, gazebo's etc.

We will establish a newsfeed on our website after the broad programme/venue for the event is finalised. Suppliers and others that are not members of MISASA are most welcome and are actively encouraged to make the day "your own."

After out AGM. interested parties will be able to subscribe to a news feed on our website so as to be kept abreast of developments.

Content will only be accepted for publication together with confirmed acceptance of an invitation to display aircraft or other relevant products or services at the event.

Kind regards

The "Kick Off Committee"
Alan Hussey - Presentations / worker
Alan Mackenzie - Marketing / worker
Alex Rudd - Safety Officer / worker
Brett Hickman - Engines Off/Cut line / worker
Nico Willemse - Space Allocations / worker
Donald Hicks - Event Co-ordinator / worker
Henri vd Berg - Gate Director / worker
Herman Dormehl - Catering & Braai stands / worker
Howard Betts - Park and Flight Director
John Boucher - Aerial Displays / worker
Mervyn Reynolds - Airspace Management / worker
Paul Sabatier - Marshalling
Pierre Laubscher - Safety Officer
Rowena Kraidy - Shootout Mgt / worker

Contact info:
Alan Mackenzie
Microflight Africa Editor
E-mail: nemo@webo.co.za
Tel: 011 - 465 0988 / 082 373 4947
Web: www.misasa.co.za
Dobbs
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Re: 2013 Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice" Leaderboard Shootou

Postby Dobbs » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:55 pm

First and only comment on the TedderField Fly In - please can someone give an update.

Thanks
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:46 am

Whats crackalacking with this one :?: :?: :?: :roll:
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:58 am

Who from Rhino/FABA side will be flying in? I'd like to join a gaggle...

And I'd like to fly in the day before and camp would that be allowed and is there basic facilities?

Oh and I'll be available on the day as 'worker'

Thanks
Ant
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 am

anthonyhugo wrote:Who from Rhino/FABA side will be flying in? I'd like to join a gaggle...

And I'd like to fly in the day before and camp would that be allowed and is there basic facilities?

Oh and I'll be available on the day as 'worker'

Thanks
Ant
Hi Ant.
I'd like to fly in and sleep over as well.
Plane-less
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Alpha » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Hey Ant and D2O,

The chain gang is flying in on sat morning, camping out and flying back on Sunday morning...

If u want I can join up with u guys Saturday morning and ask the rest of the gang to join up for a 6 or 7 aircraft entrance... (^^) (^^)

What does the chain gang say???
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory - Flying is making moments, memories

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Alpha wrote:Hey Ant and D2O,

The chain gang is flying in on sat morning, camping out and flying back on Sunday morning...

If u want I can join up with u guys Saturday morning and ask the rest of the gang to join up for a 6 or 7 aircraft entrance... (^^) (^^)

Sounds like a great plan thanks!!! (^^)

(I was hoping to fly in the day before but this is cool as well :) P.S. I guess the weather will determine all this :))
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi guys,

I know you are all eagerly awaiting details around this 2nd edition, and I am hoping that Herman and the organisers will give us a full program by this weekend. I know they are all inundated with Special Event Clearances, catering, liquor licences, bands, venue confirmations and a whole lot more....

Tedderfield 2013 is definately a go. (^^)

Just some info from my side... I am responsible for the Presentation Venue and I would like to invite all Aviation Suppliers who wish to book a 20 min presentation on the day to please contact me asap at pro@misasa.org

I will allocate you a slot as soon as I have recieved the final program from the organisers on a first come first served basis. Please note that these presentations are not just for marketing purposes, if you are busy with a build perhaps, or planning a great adventure in an aircraft, or have been on one then you are welcome to come and share your experiences with us as well. I will be finalizing the presentations on Feb 2nd so please mail me now if you would like to book a slot.(I will not beg and plead this year...I have put it forward here and it's up to you to respond, you snooze you lose! ^ )
The presentations will be vocal only (the venue does not allow practical use of a projector due to intense light) so please bring your own visual aids (brochures/whiteboard/banners etc etc)

As far as Merchandising is concerned, please contact Herman on 071 Six 88 38Two two or dormehlherman@yahoo.com to arrange a stand. It is free and you are just required to bring your own Gazebo/tables/chairs on the day. Please guys we would like to make this all aviation related so please dont pitch up selling dildo's!!! :lol:

Over and above that, the "shootout" will probably not take place this year. We encourage any Aircraft agents and suppliers to come and put their machines on static display and you are welcome to advertise pricing and stats etc etc.

There will be food on sale all day as well as refreshments and i am sure we will be having a bring and braai in the evening with some awesome entertainment in the form of an AC/DC band (Rock on bruthas!)

I will let JB fill you in on the Aerial display items planned for the day.

As at last year, there will be a few hangers open on the Sat night to "put head down", perhaps you guys should just bring a tent just in case!

I look forward to seeing you all there....this year I will be hiding my own mattress! This Chain Gang just cannot be trusted! ^ ##
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 am

Sounds Awesome ##

Count me in :mrgreen:

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 am

Madman wrote:

Sounds Awesome ##

Count me in :mrgreen:

(^^)
Sounds like a plan! (^^)
Plane-less
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am

Sounds Awesome ##

Count me in too :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

(^^)
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Jerry
Looking at the sky

Postby Jerry » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:10 am

Dagse aan almal,
Ek bly in die Verre Wes Transvaal, Noordwes, en ek wil graag die dag bywoon, maar het nie n idee waar Tedderfield gelee is nie, as iemand my net pad aanduidings kan gee sal ek bly wees. Ek ken Gauteng redelik en het n GPS in my voertuig.
Dankie.
Jerry
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Jerry wrote:Dagse aan almal,
Ek bly in die Verre Wes Transvaal, Noordwes, en ek wil graag die dag bywoon, maar het nie n idee waar Tedderfield gelee is nie, as iemand my net pad aanduidings kan gee sal ek bly wees. Ek ken Gauteng redelik en het n GPS in my voertuig.
Dankie.
Jerry
Hi Jerry, Tedderfield Airpark's Entrance is located along the R550, approx 2.3km West of the R82 (Vereeniging road)

Runway co ord's are:

S 26 21'06.81"
E 27 58'04.09"

Just dont drive onto the runway! :lol:
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Jerry,kom soek ons op,ons sal jou graag wil ontmoet-soek altyd ander landingsplekke.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Directions to Tedderfield

From Pretoria (I don’t know where "Tshwane" is ^ ), take the N1 South towards Joburg, go through Midrand and take the M1 at Bechluch Interchange. Stay on the M1 straight through Johanesburg, it eventually becomes the Vereeniging Road (R82). Keep travelling south till you pass Main road on the left and then the Lido Hotel also on the left. Go past the next intersection (R554) and in approx 1.3km turn right onto the R550. Carry on with the R550 until you see the entrance gate to Tedderfield about 2.3km on the Left.

See you there. (!!)