The Microland Files Episode 1: 17/11/2012

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: The Microland Files Episode 1: 17/11/2012

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Bundy wrote:No Problem, have added you to the list. (^^)

(^Please can you all bring your own Cuttlery and cups!^)
What cuttlery? (**) For boerewors? :lol: ** The cups I can understand!See you Saterday!
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 am

HENNING JOHAN wrote:What cuttlery? (**) For boerewors? :lol: ** The cups I can understand!See you Saterday!
Gaan jy pap en sous eet met jou hande ook? :lol: ^

Right chaps, herewith final details around tommorrow.

The talk will start at 11am, we will have lunch thereafter at around 12h30.
Please bring your own Mess kit, and a camping chair just "in case"

(we will excuse the guy from Heidelberg who eats pap en sous with his hands) :lol:

Menu: Boerie Rolls, with some pap en sous (If you are a vegetarian, my appologies... please bring some lettuce? :wink: )

I will be providing some cooldrinks, you are also welcome (and encouraged) to bring your own alchoholic beverages.I have found that "Hanger talk" is not very effective without a beer? :wink: :lol:

Directions:

Microland is situated along the R50 between Pta and Bapsfontein. From the N1 North/South, take Rigel Offramp and turn East towards Delmas. You will now be on the R50, Mland is located 25km down the road. You will pass the Rietvlei Dam Nature reserve on your right, then the Corrobrick Factory (Pinedene Reporting point), then a long line of trees adjacent to the road on the LHS. Keep going and lookout for the Moria Spaza Shop on the LHS. The airfield is located 1km further on the Left. You will clearly see the hangers from the road.

I will leave the gate open, please drive in and park on the inside of the fencing parallel to Runway 03. Watch out for traffic on finals for 03! Stay clear of the runways/gates please guys. :)

Make your way to the Lapa, there will be coffee for you guys. (you are welcome to stop at the lapa as you drive in to drop off your cooler)

I look forward to a great event, I thank you for making the effort to attend. I'll see you boyz and girlz in the Lapa. (!!)
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Thank you very much ML, klootpilot and Alan for a very informative talk!

And many thanks for organizing drinks and braai, you okes have the perfect kuier setup @ ML (^^)

Very nice seeing all the other microlighters there especially the guys that traveled far to be there (e.g. Nico & the Potties crew)

Remember slap tjips!!!

Cheers
ant
(^^)
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:33 am

Thank you Roel Jansen, for a very informative talk, and to those who attended, It was really a pleasure to have you all there. (^^)

To the Potties Manne....baie dankie laat julle so ver gery het om bytewoon.... Dis lang oortyd laat ons n lekker kuier reel daar bo by die Springbokvlakte! 8)

30 Attendees (by my count?), everyone from novice to veteran.... and we even had some aspiring young lads from the Airscouts present as well. I hope you all enjoyed it and please watch the events calender for "Episode 2" (!!)

When you spend time with such enthusiastic, friendly, kuiergat aviators it's hard to imagine ever flying another type of aerie. Microlighter's rock....the end. (^^)

Now that you have experienced the "kuier gees" of the ML Lapa...we hope you will be regulars at our monthly "Fly and Braai's" (Every 3rd Sat of the month). You are all welcome at FABA.

Please post some pic's here guys....my camera's battery died on me so I could not take photo's :(

Many Thanks,
Bundy
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Dankie Bundy!Die les was baie leersaam vir al die slap chips! :lol: Die boerewors was baaaie lekker,nog eenetjie? (^^) :lol: Jy het 'n goeie konsep met die lesings!Dit baie geniet!
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 am

Thanks Bundy and Kloot pilot (^^) (^^) (^^)
Ons manne van Potties het dit geniet om saam almal te kuier,en het nog iets geleer ook :!: (!!) (!!) (^^) (^^)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:20 am

Thanx Bundy and Kloot =D*

Myself and Neil really enjoyed the seminar ##

Will be sure to visit every 3rd Sat of the month s023

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 pm

To Bundy and all who attended, a great concept has been born ... may we see many episodes on many more relevant topics. vhpy

I was humbled to addres an array of pilots, some very young and eager, and others having many, many more hours and experience than I have.

Finding a balance to not bore the experienced pilots, yet to bound the interest of the inexperienced pilots had me in knots and I felt visibly shaken. Driving home, I realised how small a topic was actually covered by the talk.

I honestly believe that Microlight pilots, Glider pilots and Hang glider (and Para-) are the most educated pilots when it comes to micro-met and understanding the sky.

I salute you !

Go out, and learn more. Knowledge overrides fear !!!
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200