Jets Over Henley 2009 - DVD Now Available

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
Skinner
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Jets Over Henley 2009 - DVD Now Available

Postby Skinner » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Be sure not to miss this years "Jets Over Henley" which promises to be even bigger and better than last years event :wink: . We're expecting more than 30 jet pilots from across the country. We also invite pilots not yet involved to contact Boet Denysschen (contact details on poster attached), all jet type aircraft welcome (turbine, ducted fan, electric etc)
Like with our other shows, we'll again have full size visiting aircraft, skydivers and lots of other fun stuff vhpy
Not to be missed :!:
Jets Over Henley 2009.jpg
Last edited by Skinner on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.rainbowairschool.com
ZU-FEX, ZU-DPJ, ZU-CVD, ZU-DAZ, ZU-DEV, ZU-AKR
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: Jets Over Henley 2009 - 07&08 November

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Thanks,Skinner!I got the pm :lol: This show is great!I was last year there and what awsame aeroplanes(jets) I saw vhpy (^^) I will go again this year! :lol: FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
Skinner
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Skinner » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 pm

Only 2 days to go until Jets Over Henley 2009 vhpy . Except for a large number of model jet pilots the following has also been confirmed :wink:
Saturday:
Full size L39 display and a few other surprises :o
Skydivers & model skydivers (sure not many of us has seen this before, not to be missed)
Heli Flips

Sunday:
Full size Extra 300L
Skydivers
Full size Suzuki Slick 360

Other entertainment includes a beer garden, flea market & food stalls, jumping castles, all day running comentary vhpy

Do not miss out on this special event, last year we had the largest gathering of Jet Pilots ever in the country :o
We trust this year will even be bigger and better :wink:
See you there :!:
www.rainbowairschool.com
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Hallo,Skinner.The extra 300l is it maybe zoom-zoom and the slick 360(Johnnie Smith)?I will only attend the show on sunday because Porra doing a skipper course on saterday.Two of my friends (Bennie Fincham and Mario,club member) is going to give a great display.Mario is a display pilot with the rc,you cann't miss his show.Bennie is a com. pilot (aeroplanes and helicopters) fly for netstar.These 2 guys fly toghter a awsome display.I cann't wait for sunday because I missed ramc aerobatic champs last weekend.See you there!! (^^) FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
Skinner
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Skinner » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Johan,

The Extra 300L is Barrie Eeles, advanced aerobatic pilot, and yes, Johnny will be there with the slick vhpy
I know Mario well, he has flown in all our other shows. Bennie only recently joined earlier this year, great pilot :o
If you can, you need to be there on Saturday as well, drive in, entrance only R20, we've had confirmation of a full house full scale displays for Saturday, BIG names in aviation to be expected...I'll say no more :wink:

www.rainbowairschool.com
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Hallo,Skinner!!I will make a plan for saterday ,if i not working! :lol: My older brother is also going and I want to take the softness and 2 laaitjies with me!! :lol: :roll: I cann't wait for the weekend!!It is this show aswell as my training day on the trike sunday what a great weekend!! :lol: :lol: I love the show that Johnnie give in his slick 360,his a great aerobatic pilot aswell a "cropsprayer pilot" :lol: (^^) See you at the show!!FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!) (^^)
Stephan van Tonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Stephan van Tonder » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:16 am

Will sunday be also nice - I can't make saturday but don't want to go on sunday if it is going to be very watered down and boring?.
Nuts about Cheetahs. Petit is the place.
Skinner
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Skinner » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 am

Last year we in fact had more Jet pilots on Sunday, we plan put up a great show both days :wink:
The displays from Barrie and Johnny will also take place on Sunday, Barrie between 9 and 10 as an operner and Johnny after 2pm as a closer. Skydivers at 1pm and lots of jets inbetween vhpy
Sunday will also not be a repeat of the Saturday show, we have pilots that will only be there one of the two days, so not to miss out, join us for both if possible.

www.rainbowairschool.com
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Hallo!!What a great show!! (^^) The flying lions(2) was great.Then the display of the l39 was awsome!!Got a big skrik!! :roll: :shock: (^^) If you miss tomorrow then you miss a lot!! :mrgreen: All the models from 1/4 to 1/2 scale.Pilots ages from 13 to 70 year old.Skydivers,Velocity and 3 friends jump out of Henley airs chopper!Go and enjoy this show tomorrow!! :lol: FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
Stephan van Tonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Stephan van Tonder » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Nice little airshow. Those jets are very impressive. I must say I was blown away by the EDF Rafaele. Awesome performance. I was actually amazed how quiet the jets are. I wish some big airshows would learn from shows like this. Even right at the end the toilets were cleaned becuase there was somebody sitting there looking after them. Well done.
The 2 chopper displays was just incredible. Sorry about the two skydivers that 'bounced' :wink:
Nuts about Cheetahs. Petit is the place.
caneco
Flying low - mind the power lines
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby caneco » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:37 pm

HI. ANY PICS AVAILABLE ?THANKS.
I have a paper that says I fly, now I have to learn to do well
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Hallo!!The one "skydiver' lots his head!! :lol: :lol: Then Velocity and his patner did a great jump they lots nothing. :lol: ** (^^) I was both days there and this show cann't be beaten!!Price wise aswell preformance wise!A round of handclapping for Henley RC!! (^^)Next year I will be back with my trike.Only one Raptor for Panorama was there.He did a short take off and drop his passenger off at the Circus :lol: :lol: It was a great show!! :wink: FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
velocity
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby velocity » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 pm

HENNING JOHAN wrote:Hallo!!The one "skydiver' lots his head!! :lol: :lol: Then Velocity and his patner did a great jump they lots nothing. :lol: ** (^^) I was both days there and this show cann't be beaten!!Price wise aswell preformance wise!A round of handclapping for Henley RC!! (^^)Next year I will be back with my trike.Only one Raptor for Panorama was there.He did a short take off and drop his passenger off at the Circus :lol: :lol: It was a great show!! :wink: FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
Thankfully our heads remained on throughout the day :wink: and many thanks to Mike and his team for the hospitality and the opportunity to be part of the show as well to Andre (Henley) Elio (Snakes) and Eugene (FTS) for dropping me & Marietjie on Saturday and Sunday . Also to Fanie for trusting me with his 'skydiver' on one of our displays - as far as I know the 1st time in SA (or anywhere for that matter) that an RC skydiver has done a jump from a dinkum one (^^)

Blue Skies
V

These from the successfull drop from my parachute vhpy

The headless bounce drop from the RC aerie :shock:

Graham F
Skinner
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Re: Jets Over Henley 2009 - DVD Now Available

Postby Skinner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 am

Footage of this awesome 2 day event now available on DVD, contact me to place your order :wink:
henleyjetsposter.1.jpg
henleyjetsposter.1.jpg (33.17 KiB) Viewed 5371 times
www.rainbowairschool.com