Elegant and economical hour builder. SOLD thank you.

Microlights, gyro's and other aircraft for sale
Airscrewed
Signed up at flight school

Elegant and economical hour builder. SOLD thank you.

Postby Airscrewed » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:25 am

Carl Babst Raven Type 1, now with total airframe time of 245 hours.
Built to be my retirement tourer for exploring our country until nature took a swipe at my health.
With the O-200 Continental engine maximum rpm is 2750, but at 2500 she can cruise comfortably at 120mph at density altitude of 8500 ft. I have taken her to 2650 rpm and recorded 140mph!
Fuel burn works out at about 17 lph of mogas and carrying 110 liters of fuel give a theoretical endurance of 6 hours with half hour safety margin.
Engine now has 22 hours since installation of NEW Millenium Superior cylinders and pistons. Mags, Carb and bearing all done. Engine and carburetor work done by Alex of Vasloscene, mage by Sky Electrical. Comprehensive separate airframe and engine logbooks.
Notable instrument are a Becker comms radio and a Garrecht Mode S transponder, otherwise “normal” instrumentation installed as I did not wish to have to risk mass instrument failure with “Glass” panel – however unlikely this may be. My choice, my risk. Lots of little extras ie. Extrior step, Wing fillets, spats, wind deflectors at base of mains undercarriage, pilot’s map tray, interior storage boxes etc.
Empty mass is 318 kg and the CG is setup that it is almost impossible to load outside of CG range.
Last MPI done 9 Dec 2018. Always stored in hanger with material airframe covers (Pyjamas).

Aircraft Make and Type: Carl Babst Raven Type 1
Year Model: First flown October 2009
Airframe Hours: 223.7
Engine Type and Hours: Continental O-200 now 22 hours since New Cylinder and pistons
Prop type and Hours: De Necker now 22 hours
Avionics and other equipment: Steam Gauges, Becker Comms. Garrecht Mode S transponder
Reason for sale: Spinal Injury
Viewing Location: Kliprivier Micolight airfield
Price: R 225k ( No VAT applicable) NOTE PRICE SLASHED!
Other information: Super cruiser, good fuel consumption
Contact details of owner: Joe Stark can PM me , or e-mail at Joe@crystalstark.co.za
Attachments
1502109521252.jpg