Microlights, gyro's and other aircraft for sale
Henni
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Aquilla 582 for sale R42 000 - SOLD!

Postby Henni » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:08 am

Hi all,

R42K

For pics of this trike, send mail to stefdup@absamail.co.za For any enquiries to the previous owner who last flew her, contact Boet Potgieter. For his cell phone detail, send me an email to hennie.vanrooyen@exxaro.com His name is also his avatar name over here, so you can PM him direct. He is also one of the chairmen over at the Klerksdorp Gliding Club where he flies his Bushbaby regularly. You'll mostly find him driving around on my ex purple Kawasaki Viking Nomad 1500 tourer, smiling from ear to ear in pure ecstasy :)

So, there you have it all if interested & you have any queries whatsoever. Like I said in the previous thread: Everything is completely open & transparent for all to see & investigate. There are full logbooks for it, but I'm told that some entries might be missing. You might be able to sort this out, but I'm no expert on things like these.

Cheers all,

Henni
Last edited by Henni on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Keep grassroot aviation alive!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Aquilla 582 for sale as is without paperwork

Postby John Boucher » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:12 am

Henni... stop trying to play the martyr role here!

I have deleted the PM you started this thread with. To post that on an open forum whilst it was sent to you in a personal capacity is in poor taste!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Henni
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Henni » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 am

No John,

What is poor taste is accusing me of withelding information from potential buyers when it is most definitely not the case. Everything highlighted to me, was already highlighted to every interested buyer, without a single exception. I can list them over here by name should you wish to investigate. I was also openly accused of not being honest. So I merely rectified the situation.

Can we please now leave all of this behind. This is a normal forsale topic. Either one is interested, or one is not. Whichever it is, is fine with me.

Henni
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:06 am

Just post the photos of the trike so that potential buyers can decide if they are willing or not...
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Henni
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Henni » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:12 am

I provided a link where they can obtain pics from. Everyone who asked for pics received them, without a single exception.

I also want to mention that when I obtained this trike, it was fully registered with an ATF current until 2015. As was pointed out, the ATF is off course no longer valid as the trike changed ownership in the interim. Thus, all the paperwork is available. However, you might require some more work to sort it out & hence I am advertising it "as is" & "without paperwork".

Also note that the specific inspector mentioned is not the only AP than can inspect this trike for you. As with doctors, attorneys & anything else in life, get the opinion & most certainly the quotes from other APs also. You might just be pleasantly surprised!

I am no expert on trikes. The previous owner is disabled but still able to fly. Me & his helper dismantled the wing under his supervision. I have not opened the wing since, but apparently there is now some damage to the fabric as a result of not being folded correctly. Go see for yourself whether this is serious or not.

So in short: Go view the trike for yourself, look at the logbooks & form your own conclusions. You buy it "as is". Anything you gain over & above this is a bonus. Calculate the purchase price. Add to it what you & your chosen AP think is required to get an ATF for it. If the sum of the two is still a bargain & you are a go-getter, then GO FOR IT! If not, there are many other 582 Aquillas advertised at more than double this price. Maybe that would be the better option for you. Just open Google & type "Aquilla 582 for sale"...

Henni would also like a brand new Sling! Unfortunately Henni cannot put the cash on the table for it. So now Henni has a 2nd hand re-built Mizer. Henni cannot complain, Henni has to measure what Henni has against what it cost him in the end. Henni is realistic enough to be happy & content with his choice. Whatever is not like new, is not the previous owners fault. He advertised it, Henni accepted it as is and that's just a fact of life.

Henni
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:30 am

Post the photos of the trike or should I contact Stephan, request the photos and post then myself? What is the registration of this trike please....
Henni
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Henni » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 am

John Boucher wrote:Post the photos of the trike or should I contact Stephan, request the photos and post then myself? What is the registration of this trike please....
Yes John,

You are most welcome to get the pics from him, the registration & post over here for all to see. Maybe it would be a good thing that you, as a senior moderator, speak to him yourself. Just maybe your concerns will be put to rest after your little chat. I hate unjustified opinions!

Maybe you should also ask him for pics of the questionable logbook entries & post here for all to see. Let's make this as open & transparent as we can, shall we...? even though it is now offered for sale "as is" & "without any paperwork" due to the concerns of you junior moderator.
Henni wrote:For more detail or pics, contact Stephan at 082 902 1789
If any of you still have concerns after all of this, I'll advertise as "Aquilla 582 for sale as scrap". However, the price will remain same.

Henni
bryan
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby bryan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:26 am

Henni as a fellow pilot and regular viewer of this foirum just sharing with you. Most people I have ever met will not even consider buying an object unseen. Surely it is not too much trouble to take a quick photo of the plane with your phone and put it on the posting. The sword crossing and evasions make prospective buyers wary although I believe you have in all sincerety placed the add. Buyers do not like involving previous owners etc. and it does raise suspicions about the product. Hope you get this aircraft sold . It does appear(from the description) as a bargain but like I said. Seeing is believing.
Regards
Bryan
Henni
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Henni » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 am

Hi Bryan,

I'm sure the photos will be forthcoming from John shortly. I have no objection to that & am actually looking forward to it. Let's wait a while & see. I have also asked the newest photos from Stephan, & if I get those before John I'll post here.

I have to be careful what I write as the previous thread clearly indicated. This is not only about me wanting to sell something, but also about serious opposition to try & prevent this transaction from taking place at all for whatever reasons.

As for me, I want to try & help Stephan to sell this aircraft before 26th November when we are finally moving down to the South Coast. He has very little knowledge of any sorts of flying and this whole process is rather difficult for him. I gave him the contact detail today of someone over at CAA that can help him sort out the odd issues with the paperwork. However, If he cannot sell it or sort out the paperwork before then, I'll leave him my Mizer instead, strip this Aquilla and store it somewhere for later use.

Cheers,

Henni
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Henni, I have honestly never come across someone who tried so hard NOT to sell a trike? My personal opinion of you and your on line antics I will keep to myself...if you wish to erode your credibility further then be my guest... :wink:

I have had numerous phone calls and e mails from various people asking me as moderator what the hell is going on? :wink:

Ladies and Gents, to clear this matter up I contacted the current "owner" Stephan myself. He has trouble using the forum as has given me permission to post the following reply on his behalf...

...From the outside looking in I'm sure most of you have viewed this with suspicion, and I certainly don't blame you...

This aircraft for sale here (Registration not known to me) is still registered in a previous owners name, as I understand it a Mr Boet Potgieter? Henni originally swopped it for his motorcycle but no change of ownership was done into Henni's name? Then the current owner Stephan bought a Mizer for Henni...in exchange for this trike..... Again no change of ownership was done into Stephan's name as Henni had not done the original change of ownership....?

This is where the problem lies in that technically this aircraft cannot change "hands" between Stephan (current owner) and any prospective buyer unless the current REGISTERED owner (Boet) signs the CAR47a....this is what the biggest issue is.... I have advised Stephan that this needs to be dealt with by him/Henni and of course the registered owner....before they can sell this aircraft...so any buyers must take this into account... and Stephan has been very honest with all persons who have already contacted him. So no problems there. To Stephan's knowledge all the logbooks are up to date but this would need to be ascertained by an AP... At the time Henni bought the trike it had/has a current ATF which may or may not now be valid....Stephan is not sure about this and neither am I?

There is definitely some work that needs to be done on the aircraft, but Stephan has a list of these items (done by an AP Alex Rudd) so feel free to contact him if you wish. The aircraft is currently NOT in an airworthy condition...but I'm told with some relatively inexpensive work it can be brought to such?

I have satisfied myself that I have at least got to the bottom of this saga and if you have any further enquiries then you can contact Stephan on 082 902 1789.

Essentially, in my opinion the obstacles here are "paperbased".....but not insurmountable.

Good luck with the sale Stephan.
swartkat
Pre flight checks done

Re: Re: Aquilla 582 for sale as is without paperwork

Postby swartkat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:22 pm

ZU-CEO is the registration

Avdex:
Airframe: SOLO WINGS CC WINDLASS AQUILLA
Serial: WA 856
Owner: PAUL & ANNELINE POTGIETER TRUS

I was there and I saw the logbooks. The logbook only starts from 2009 onwards with already >700hrs on the clock and the engine >300 hrs.
Then there is a 2 year gap (guess it was standing around, but who knows).

There was an change of owner ship in 2006 (Potgieter) but no logbook until 2009.

I hope that helps the buyer.

Stephan was really open with all the stuff that needs to be fixed and I appreciated it. I can post more pics if needed and allowed.
Attachments
20141027_104910.jpg
20141027_104924.jpg
20141027_105044.jpg
Henni
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Henni » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:07 am

Hi all,

Photos from Stephan as requested. Out of interest: The engine starts first time EVERY TIME! When Stephan handed the money over for the Mizer (which he purchased to swop me for the Aquilla), the owner told him to keep all the money and give him the engine instead - he was just THAT impressed with this specific engine! My main reason for swopping my bike for this trike was to use it's engine & instruments & even wheels for my KR2 project. However, when the Mizer came up for sale & I was inspired with a plan on how to actually get it, my priorities shifted. This is now my 2nd Mizer & I am well pleased with the type.

Note: Photos showing brown seats were taken before Stephan had new seats made for it. The previous owner's steel leg tore some of the fabric & hence Stephan had complete new seats made for it.

Also note that the aircraft comes with a intercom & radio. Another thing to note is the steering from the rear seat. When Stephan took it, it came with training bars. Not sure whether he still has those.

Also in defence of Boet Potgieter: He posted a box with my motorbike helmets which did not fit him, a rear wheelspat for the trike, some other bits & pieces and the signed registration papers. I have the tracking number for anyone interested: here it is: TC223054550ZA. It was sent the morning of the 3rd September 2014. However, this coincided exactly with the start of the Post Office strike & I'm not sure I'll ever see those items again.

So to some it up: The problems you face when purchasing this trike for R42 000 are:

1. a Signed transfer of ownership document. I'll get the forms, drive through to Klerksdorp & have Boet sign these again.- Resolved!
2. Some missing logbook entries. I have no idea what to do about this, but I have a contact person over at CAA which I'm told will help to sort this out.
3. Alex Rudd says that the main kingpost/engine attach bracket is slightly bent. Stephan reckons just over R3000 to replace - I have not as yet personally obtained a quote. It seems like something than could rather be repaired than replaced, but I'm certainly no expert on this.
4. I cannot say what needs to be done to the engine according to it's hours which now stands at 332 hours - if anything. It starts very, very easy and also runs up to full static RPM just fine.
5. And then of course I damaged the wing fabric when I folded it in the wrong way. Should Stephan decide to keep the aircraft for himself, I will personally pay for the repairs. I might even do it in any case...- in the process of being resolved!
6. The throttle cable is sticky & needs to be replaced.
7. There are some dents in the aluminium leading edge of the prop. Not sure whether it is mandatory to have this repaired. I experienced no excessive vibration when running up to full static RPM & even keeping it there for awhile.
8. I think there is mention of rust on the front brake drum or caliper or something to do with it...

If there are more, then I'm sorry, I cannot remember. You'll have to speak to Stephan about these. - Resolved! Stephan already purchased new engine mounting rubbers & other items. The new owner must just install these

I say again, if this trike is not sold by 26th November 2014, I'll swop Stephan back for my Mizer, which is fully legal & registered in my own name, strip & store this trike until such time as we are really settled again wherever in life with a known income, & then I'll use all the parts as originally intended on my modified KR2 project. I am extremely happy with the condition of that engine & it would be perfectly suited for the KR2.

I can even install the current Rotax 532 engine I have in the KR2 into the trike & get her up to full flying status again. Only this time I'll keep her for myself as I am really tired of all this hassles. She should fly just fine at the coast two up with that specific engine.

I have been told that Boet is REALLY, but REALLY enjoying my bike & riding it nearly everyday. I just also want some peace of mind after this transaction. I am fair in ALL my dealings with others...

Cheers,

Henni.
Attachments
20140720_092549.jpg
20140720_092604.jpg
20140720_101308.jpg
20140720_101317.jpg
20140726_124729.jpg
20140726_141408.jpg
20140726_141425.jpg
20140726_142034.jpg
20140726_142057.jpg
20140726_142124.jpg
20140726_142130.jpg
20140726_142147.jpg
20140726_142225.jpg
20140726_142230.jpg
20140726_142238.jpg
20140726_142139.jpg
WP_20140526_002 (2).jpg
WP_20140526_003 (2).jpg
WP_20140526_006 (2).jpg
WP_20140526_013 (2).jpg
WP_20140526_015 (2).jpg
Last edited by Henni on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:03 am, edited 14 times in total.
Henni
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Henni » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:11 am

swartkat wrote:...I can post more pics if needed and allowed....
Hi,

Please be so kind as to post everything you have.

Cheers,

Henni
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:44 pm

WOW :shock:
Plane-less
swartkat
Pre flight checks done

Postby swartkat » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Henni wrote:
swartkat wrote:...I can post more pics if needed and allowed....
Hi,

Please be so kind as to post everything you have.

Cheers,

Henni
He has the spare rubbers for the engine mouting.
Attachments
20141027_110258.jpg
20141027_105441.jpg
20141027_105417.jpg
20141027_105409.jpg
20141027_105402.jpg
20141027_105355.jpg
20141027_105346.jpg
20141027_105328.jpg
20141027_105318.jpg
20141027_105311.jpg
20141027_105305.jpg