Building the new Bushbaby SAFARI

Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Building the new Bushbaby SAFARI

Postby John Boucher » Wed May 11, 2011 9:15 am

Pops-G... sorry not the place for me to hijack but I need to say this!

Grote

Ek dink persoonlik jou aantygings teen MISASA is ongegrond. Dit is ook stellings (of is dit eerder 'n opinie) soos wat jy maak wat my posisie by MISASA altyd laat heroorweeg. Ek is mos nou verplig om diplomaties te wees...

Aangesien jy voel die sisteem (MISASA se kant) werk glad nie en ons is "slapgatte" neem ek sterk eksepsie teen jou stelling. En om ook te se "maar daar gebeur sweet fanny f787kol" is 'n klap in my gesig. Miskien moet jy jou posisie heroorweeg en op die kommittee kom dien en ook "good fight" probeer aandurf. Ek sou baie eerder die 2 of 3 uur wat ek aan MISASA take (vrywillig... ons word nie betaal nie) per dag bestee baie eerder op die rotse wou wees en rustig visvang of beter, die tyd aan studeer bestee vir drakoniese eksamens wat ek moet skryf ander maak die FSB my kern besigheid toe.

So, sonder om nou doekies om te draai - hoekom begin jy nie eerder 'n ander "thread" oor ons as "slapgatte by MISASA" en lig jou mening daar asook wat jy van jou kant as "Grote" sou doen om hierdie ellendige situasie op te los?

Net vir jou inligting - die hele industrie sukkel met organsasies soos ICASA & CAA en die onnodige druk & drama wat hul veroorsaak en laat ek jou herinner dat dit vir seker gaan versleg in die toekoms. Ek noem nie eers AEROCLUB. Jy is meer as welkom om Kevin Storie daar te bel en hoor watse aksies & bakleiery van ons kant af (myne & MISASA) het hy al moes verduur....

Just a though sir.... “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Last edited by John Boucher on Wed May 11, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am

Amen John, ek wou niks se nie. Ek dien op niks wat MISASA by betrokke is nie maar ek doen die moeite om te ry en vergaderings by te woon waar die werk van die Aeroclub en MISASA uitgelig word en ek stem saam dat die aanmerkings ongegrond en uit plek is. As dit nie was vir manne soos julle wat onbetaald na ons kyk in die industrie nie, het ons almal met die voet geloop. Van ons kant af, Dankie. Stefan
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Our sincere appreciation on your positive comments Stefan.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Sam
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Sam » Wed May 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Well said John. I couldn't have put it better. Kevin at Aero Club is asking anybody with problems with ICASA to contact him as he is taking each and every problem we as an industry have to the big man in ICASA. CAA and RAASA as well as inspectors all accept proof of payment as sufficient proof. This isn't the correct thread to keep on with this.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed May 11, 2011 3:13 pm

I'm going to ask DH to start a new thread?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Wed May 11, 2011 5:37 pm

I just want to say from my side is that if it wasn't for Aeroclub and MISASA there would not be NTCA just go to an airshow and 90% of the aeries are ZU registered.

I have my frustrations with ICASA because phoning them does not work but I'm going on Friday to physically to redo my paperwork. Just remember just the fact that they accept a receipt and not the actual radio station licence says it all. All four my aeries have been cancelled and I have to re-apply. certainly not the mistake of Aeroclub or MISASA.

I am thankful for all the work that people do voluntary I do enough of that kind of time via the Red Cross for the last 30 years. Nights Sundays Xmas New Year etc etc in the last 30 years I have done 675 voluntary flight. To put that in perspective there are 35 traffic light going to Cape Town international and 35 back home . That is negotiating 47250 traffic lights in 30 years, makes you think.

John there is nothing wrong to have this debate on the Bosvark site it livens things a bit. I'm working on the list but yesterday when I finally got through to ICASA I had a quick "gemoeds bekakking" (a good dutch expression) it was a mini depression. Soon got out of it and worked a bit on the new weight and balance and I realise that when you do a lot of new things you enter on a little path of bureaucratic hassles. Seeing that the CAA employees have not built an aeroplane they wouldn't know. It would be and interesting survey to see if anybody at CAA has actually completed an Aircraft most probably Braam. I read an article on the aircraft that Astronauts have built themselves and all of them said that there approach to spaceflight was changed for the better. Homebuilding amongst airline pilots is also plenty.

So to all you lovely people giving your time thank you and we will keep on pushing the papers because we actually can. We are builders and do-ers and we try new plans and innovations we report our failures and successes for the better of aviation.

Cheers Oupa-G
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Well roared oh Lion. To all those selfless people from MISASA, Aeroclub and CAA, that DOES help us with our sport, A HEARTFELT THANK YOU TO ALL. I think one should have a positive aproach in life, an not constantly concentrate on the negative. What a wonderfull place this would be!! Dankie Oupa G, dat jy JOU post so lekker interessant hou. Ek leer graag van die ou meester, oor vliegtuie, meganika, maar ook van die lewe en van menswees...... Dankie my ou groot maat! (^^)
Sam
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Sam » Thu May 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Oupa. I know you are frustrated with ICASA, but Aero Club is trying to sort this out for us. Please take your issues to Kev Storie he is asking the guys to please give him ammunition like yours.

Regards
Rowena
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu May 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Rowena... I asked Oupa-G for the info and will escalate it if so opts.... :)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Thu May 12, 2011 10:57 pm

John thanks I'm going to the dangerous goods course to-morrow that is to keep my ATP current and when finished I'm going with my dainty body to the ICASA office in town and I will give the problem a last bash before I resort to Aeroclub and MISASA. It is something that should be very easy but I am going to demand the actual radio station license within 7 working days this business of just the receipt is actually pure nonsense. That helps them being casual about there problem. With computers and printers it should be an immediate solution. Will report back to-morrow evening.

Cheers Oupa-G
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri May 13, 2011 7:55 am

John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
ystervark7
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby ystervark7 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 pm

It is a bit unfortunate that an organisation, such as MISASA, run by volunteers should be criticized in this way. These people volunteer their time for free and in general does an excellent job. Obviously there is always room for improvement, so maybe this should just be seen as criticism to keen them "on their toes".

Keep up the good work!

By the way: I got my licence from ICASA within 5 days this year, so I am not sure where the problem is? This is a big improvement on three years ago where it took at least 6 months. I have also heard a rumor that your receipt will not be good enough any more.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri May 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Thank you Yster....

A thread of interest to keep the rest of you on your toes ;-) http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 62&t=77812

I am pleased to have received a call from Oupa-G - his licences are sorted but I'll leave him post his story :-)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Fri May 13, 2011 10:43 pm

I today first went to the Dangerous Goods course and then earmarked to go to ICASA to see what is the problem I was helped by Eileen Fouche and she was a great help. She printed out all the account #'s for the relevant aircraft 5 in all and we got to the root of the problem. I had paid with one EFT for all the aircraft with the last three letters as reference. The accounts department could not credit the correct account and so it went through as non payment and then the cancellation. I'm not the only one I believe there were 1600 odd other cancellations. I have the ICASA paperwork now by the horns and I will now fix it . I have now paid the whole outstanding amount in 5 different EFT's and I will see if there are going to be any credits. I'm taking the whole episode as philosophical as possible and in future I will think at grass root level. I must say that all those registrations must be a nightmare for somebody that does paperwork and has never been in contact with an aeroplane or a registration #. Ystervark I really hope that they will accept my proof of payment otherwise the license could be some time Eileen could not give me an answer.

Cheers Oupa-G
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Sat May 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Today did some work actually paperwork and I'm getting tired of all the forms but I'm pushing ahead . Tonight some foties where we landed on the Ondjuwa plains that is just north of Orupemba. The whole area was covered with grass from the rains and we were visited by some Himba ladies they have lovely features and their husbands are all cattle farmers. They are a proud Nation that so far have survived the Western pressures their beautiful cattle has traditional value but the monetary value from the West has so far passed over them. Hope this will not be spoilt.

The pictures do not do the beauti justice.

Cheers Oupa-G
Attachments
Kaoko17.jpg
Ondjuwa plains
Kaoko17.jpg (43.25 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
Kaoko18.jpg
Our local visitors
Kaoko18.jpg (60.81 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
Kaoko19.jpg
Traditional Himba ladies
Kaoko19.jpg (71.3 KiB) Viewed 2406 times