A trike is re born. ZU DBP

Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Re: A trike is re born. ZU DBP

Postby mulderpm » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 am

Cheers Bundy. Different..but the same. Glad you made it out there yesterday. Well done (^^) .

Has Hans organised you a Hangar yet?
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 am

No not yet Paul....we are still in the "hanger of death"....about 8 cancer ridden and forgotten planes standing in front of ours. We are first on the list for an opening though. :roll:

James is moving his bird out soon but Bugwar has his name on that hanger....we will just have to be patient. We have a bit of a prob with our plane in that it seems to be about 3 inches higher than any other Aquila?? :? When we put the wing on, we could not get her back in our hanger from the North side....we had to move to the south side. :roll:

I prefer it there where we are now though, as we dont get any winter sun on the wing from that side. :mrgreen:

I actually want to contact some of the owners there as there are trikes that are standing in nice hangers that never get flown! Hoping we can swop with someone...it's deppressing having your brand new trike sharing space with piles of dust. :wink: :(
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks man. Holding thumbs for you. Regardless of the K@K WX, i'll most probably go to ML tomorrow anyway...just sit in AMH's seat and dream.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby BeanCounter » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Bundy wrote:the "hanger of death"....about 8 cancer ridden and forgotten planes standing in front of ours. I actually want to contact some of the owners there as there are trikes that are standing in nice hangers that never get flown! Hoping we can swop with someone...it's deppressing having your brand new trike sharing space with piles of dust. :wink: :(
Man, that's sad! I'm even further down the waiting list than you Bundy :( Can't we lobby Oom Hans to let the active flyers get first choice on prime hangers and the farts who never fly can stack their planes (at lower cost!) in the general hangers?? Surely that's a win for everyone, the guys who want to fly get good spots and the ones who aren't bothered save some money paying lower hanger fees? :wink:

My plane is almost ready and now I'll have to tie her to the clubhouse at night. Bundy, please let me know if you get any joy with the other owners? I won't pay a bribe to a traffic cop, but for a nice hanger spot - HELL YA!! :lol: :lol:

PS: Congrats on your return to the skies!!
ZU - KBP Cobra

Time spent flying is not deducted from one's lifespan
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:08 am

Some very sad sights at Microland BC....but, it is still a very nice field to be based at. We are lucky to have some of the very best instructors around, a highly capable AP on site and some very charasmatic and dedicated pilots who DO FLY! :)
We also have 6 different runways.... (and that excludes the Kikuyu farm next door :lol: )

Dont stress...we will definately find you some space there somewhere....hell if we take one of those dust covered planes, put the wing in it's bag and pushthe cart into a corner we have space for an extra Cobra! :twisted:

Was so nice to get back up in the air...but I have got a lot to work on. :( :wink:
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

Bundy, slaap jy nooit? vhpy

Just want to echo yours and Beancounters sentiments. (^^) Poor Hans has to try to keep eveybody happy all the time...that doesn't work. >;((( I can tell you, if it were not for the very competent AP I would not have ovehauled AMH to the same extent. I would have spent a lot less but she would still be where she was last December. She is as good as new now with an engine with 217Hr's on =D* . Like your DBP.

What I would like Hans to do though, is to close up the North facing hangars with solid rolling doors to keep the weather and sun out. The winter sun shines on the first Trike for most of the day. I know he has to keep his fees down and doing this will cost him [0* . Or and in the mean time, just move all the dead ducks to the north side shade cloth hangars -0< #-0 . It hurts me now when the sun shines on AMH with her new sail. I even made a cover for the wing, but it is a slep to put on, and I fly a lot.

WX on Tuesday (tomorrow) morning looks good. Will try to go out to get my fix.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 am

mulderpm wrote:Bundy, slaap jy nooit? vhpy
...I'll sleep when I'm dead Paul. :lol:

Perpetual early riser chom....even with a babelas :roll: :lol:
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 am

You hangar-hunters - just leave ZU-DLY and ZU-DLP alone of ek bliksem! ##
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Went flying this morning. Bbrrrrrrrrr...rrr.. it was cold ** ** Only other guys in circuit were Merv & Fanie with students. Merv's coment when I landed was, "is jy mal?" s027

The new wing sail now has 20 hrs on and she is slowing down and handling is becoming firmer. Will have to move the hang point forward to where she use to be.

I saw a yellow Cobra on the lawn... No pilot though.... Maybe DBP can take her space in the hangar? s067 Just stirring!!! ##
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Bundy, slaap jy in die middag?
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Only when I have to visit my Mom in law.... :lol:

Paul...are you on drugs boet? Afternoons are for flying dude. (!!)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

Sereaaas....het jy gaan vlieg? You make me jealous..I am talking about the mother in law now.

Hoping to go out tomorrow morning.

Cheers man....enjoy!
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:25 am

mulderpm wrote:Bundy, slaap jy in die middag?
Bundy wrote:Only when I have to visit my Mom in law....
Well Yes i do that as well. When it is visit Mother in Law Sunday i also catch that afternoon snooze :twisted: :twisted:
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:43 am

Yesterday the report looked like good weather for this morning, but it blow here in Pretoria East this morning!! :x What is the weather going to do for Saturday? I feel like flying on Saturday morning and then having a few cold ones in the lapa afterwards. Maybe braai ‘n wors?? (^^) It has been a long time since we have been able to do this. Wat se jy Bundy, gaan ons bietjie tyd in die circuit doen Saterdag met DBP? Who else is planning on flying on Saturday?
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 am

BATELEUR wrote:Yesterday the report looked like good weather for this morning, but it blow here in Pretoria East this morning!! :x What is the weather going to do for Saturday? I feel like flying on Saturday morning and then having a few cold ones in the lapa afterwards. Maybe braai ‘n wors?? (^^) It has been a long time since we have been able to do this. Wat se jy Bundy, gaan ons bietjie tyd in die circuit doen Saterdag met DBP? Who else is planning on flying on Saturday?
Will have to see Stef...allready had to cancel my attendence at Nylstroom due to work, looks like I may have to work on Sat as well so we can finish...... But, as you know what I've been through the last 6 months, I'm very grateful to be busy for a change. :)
I'll give you a shout on Fri Afternoon then I'll have a better idea of my schedule. puff