Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

JvTonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: A trike is re born. ZU DBP

Postby JvTonder » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Bundy wrote:
For reasons only known to the CAA....they (the CAA) must issue the ATF after an accident.
Bundy since when is this, I had my ATF issued by Raasa both times!!!
Flying feeds the soul!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:07 am

Not sure JV,

Willem from RAASA informed me after my enquiery as to the requirements for the new ATF that two seperate AP's need to sign off the repairs and then I need a CAA airworthiness inspection whereafter the CAA will issue the new ATF.

For the life of me I cannot understand why? :evil:
JvTonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby JvTonder » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Cheez ok must be some new rule then that they brought in, seems like a lot off schlep again for nothing. Mine was inspected and signed out by two AP's and Raasa isued the new ATF, simple and quick, not anymore it seems :evil:
Flying feeds the soul!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:27 am

Gave our bird a nice polish and put the stickers on. I dig them....just finishes off the job nicely. vhpy

James you will be pleased to know that DBP shared the circuit with DLY yesterday. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately... the CAA has forced me to maintain a max alt of 5310ft untill they can find the time to come check I have a fire extinguisher on board. :roll:

Did some full throttle ground runs on runway 35 yesterday morning and wow....she really does feel sweet. What a difference that new NC prop has made. Seems to launch off the line much faster now and I'm convinced our TO roll will be quite a bit shorter. The "Council for the Abolishment of Aviation" had better get my ATF done quickly as the urge to nudge that bar just one inch forward is getting stronger and stronger... :twisted:
kijahfkajf.JPG
kdfhlkajdhf.JPG
qksagfajsf.JPG
lsdfglsal.JPG
lsgslkjdgh.JPG
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Bundy wrote:Gave our bird a nice polish and put the stickers on. I dig them....just finishes off the job nicely. vhpy

James you will be pleased to know that DBP shared the circuit with DLY yesterday. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately... the CAA has forced me to maintain a max alt of 5310ft untill they can find the time to come check I have a fire extinguisher on board. :roll:

Did some full throttle ground runs on runway 35 yesterday morning and wow....she really does feel sweet. What a difference that new NC prop has made. Seems to launch off the line much faster now and I'm convinced our TO roll will be quite a bit shorter. The "Council for the Abolishment of Aviation" had better get my ATF done quickly as the urge to nudge that bar just one inch forward is getting stronger and stronger... :twisted:
kijahfkajf.JPG
kdfhlkajdhf.JPG
qksagfajsf.JPG
lsdfglsal.JPG
lsgslkjdgh.JPG

Wow those stickers look great. Jip. Dawid phoned on Sat to get permission to set DLY a bit faster :lol: and he then did that on Sunday morning - thus DLY in the circuit! (He wants to try and keep up with the Cobra when he joins me and Bugwar to my halfway stop on my flight up north... But again.. the %$&^%$^& KOUE FRONTE se spasiering is nou weer net mooi reg om die komende naweek 'n %$$^^$$% :evil: :evil: te maak vir vlieg. :evil: :evil:

Hoekom kan hulle nie in die middel van die week hulle chaos saai, en ons oor naweke uitlos nie? :? My planning is to fly Airlink on Thursday night to JHB to come and collect - but - final weather calls on Thursday morning. Not looking good at this stage.

If not - well then maybe NEXT weekend - and then maybe you have ATF? If not - f@##$%^ 'em. Fly in any event. Just don't prang! :lol: :lol:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:22 am

CAA inspection done....we will be collecting our new ATF this week. (^^)

next intended destination......the sky !

:) vhpy 8) (!!)
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Awesome Bundy ##

Very good news indeed,happy for you guys...I can just imagine the withdrawals you guys are going through :lol:

Perhaps we will see you next weekend at Klip for the Awesome Winter Flyinn :mrgreen:

Enjoy,there's always a party in the sky and pilots are VIP s023

(^^)
Raf Stuff (!!)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:49 am

Thanks Raffa,

100% chance I will be found in the circuit at ML though! :lol:

Need to get to grips with our new baby first vhpy .....plane will fly straight and true....pilot may need some "adjustment" after 4 months! :lol:

Practice makes perfect. (!!)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:50 am

She's looking great Alan.

Went to ML yesterday morning and the WX man was correct. Wind was up to 10 Knot's and gusting..not for me thanks. Others that flew returned imediatly with bad reports. Replaced AMH's rear EGT probe and she is now 100% again. Only got 44hr's on that EGT...not good!

If CAA gives you ATF then by next Saturday you should be ready to fly? I can just emagine what it must take to hold back. -xX

See you at Klip next weekend.?.?.

Cheers Bundy & Stef. Well done! s023
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 am

On my way shortly to go collect our new ATF in Midrand. vhpy

Butterflies allready happening here.... :lol: Now to pick a nice quiet calm morning and get back in the saddle. Bit nervous here boys! :lol:
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 am

(^^) (^^) Thats good news (^^) (^^)

Get Mervyn or Fanie to do 2 circuits with you just as a confidence booster ## ## I am sure you will get the feeling for her in no time .
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:48 am

Tribal Croc wrote:(^^) (^^) Thats good news (^^) (^^)

Get Mervyn or Fanie to do 2 circuits with you just as a confidence booster ## ## I am sure you will get the feeling for her in no time .
I think that's a very wise idea chom. :)

Hans is probably going to give her a test run first and then I'll bribe one of the destructors to come "spot me" for the first landing or two. (^^)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Very good advice.

WX looks good tomorrow morning (2-4Knt wind till 10am). I will do my best to get to ML. Hope to see you guys there.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Bundy

Good news dude.
Hope to see you and Stef in the Air soon. (**) (**)
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:59 pm

mulderpm wrote:Very good advice.

WX looks good tomorrow morning (2-4Knt wind till 10am). I will do my best to get to ML. Hope to see you guys there.
Hi Paul, tommorrow a total stuff up work wise for me. Planning to go Wed or Thursday morning.

ATFeindelik!!! (!!)
SANY0001.JPG