TOYOTA YARIS ENGINE

Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

diesel dog
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Re: TOYOTA YARIS ENGINE

Postby diesel dog » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Added another 2.3 hrs today and still want to convert to taildragger if the paperwork is not inhibiting .
diesel dog
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby diesel dog » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:06 pm

vhpy
Attachments
DSC04282.JPG
DSC04282.JPG (71.36 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
DSC04285.JPG
DSC04285.JPG (62.44 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
DSC04286.JPG
DSC04286.JPG (66.39 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
DSC04282.JPG
DSC04282.JPG (63.16 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
DSC04286.JPG
DSC04286.JPG (64.26 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:50 pm

still want to convert to taildragger
Nou Praat jy besigheid. Raak ontslae van daardie training wheel. Die papierwerk is geen probleem nie.
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Big Mac
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi Diesel Dog
Any updates on the Toyota powered Explorer.
Regards
Big Mac
lotusB67
Slow starter

Postby lotusB67 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:21 am

Has anyone given any thought to using a Toyota 4E-FTE Starlet motor, We use the 4A -GE 20valve in our Lotus race series and I regularly visit the engine importers, looking around I have seen these motors for sale. The motor is extreemly light for the power available and designed to take the punch of a turbo charger, and it can easily use any of the aftermarket ECU's like Spitronics, Perfect Power, Gotech, Haltek, Dicktator etc.
4E-FTE

The 1st generation 4E-FE was the basis of the 4E-FTE, appearing in 1989, which was a turbocharged engine producing 133 hp (99 kW) at 6400 rpm with 116 lb·ft (157 N·m) of torque at 4800 rpm. The 4E-FTE was the most powerful of the E series engines ever produced. It was produced exclusively for the Toyota Starlet GT Turbo (Japan Only) and its replacement, the Toyota Glanza V (Japan only). However the 4E-FTE was a very popular conversion engine by enthusiasts for many small Toyota cars such as the Corolla, Tercel and Paseo, which it fitted into with standard Toyota parts. The 4E-FTE differed internally from the 4E-FE only by its stronger connecting rods, lower compression pistons and up-rated valve springs. It also featured a harmonic damper instead of a normal crankshaft pulley. The turbocharger fitted to the 4E-FTE was Toyota's own CT9 model, which featured an internal waste gate and had 2 modes: low (0.4 bar/40 kPa) and high (0.65 bar/65 kPa) boost. The low boost mode was electronically controlled by a solenoid valve and the ECU and the high boost was controlled by an actuator connected to the turbocharger. The 4E-FTE also had a top mounted, air cooled intercooler. The 4E-FTE was mated to the Toyota C52 transmission (for the EP82 Starlet GT) and the C56 transmission (for the EP91 Glanza V). Although aftermarket parts could substantially increase the power output to 400 hp, the major limitation is the fuel injection system and the stock ECU
Karman
First solo

Postby Karman » Wed May 08, 2013 3:36 pm

EHlo All.

I'm going to bump this thread in the hope that we can get this going again.

I'm busy sourcing all the bits and bobs for the 3Cyl conversion as the imported versions are out of my price class.

If there are others interested, maybe we can work together to get a "affordable" diy system going?

Cheers
L:
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Added another 2.3 hrs today and still want to convert to taildragger if the paperwork is not inhibiting .
No paperwook needed except for a entry in the logbook by the AP that checked your work and you have to re-weigh the plane, she will be about 8-10kg lighter then just send a copy of the weight and balance to RAASA. No further actions needed. There should be very little change in the CG of the plane.
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Het ek vir jou die enjin mounting gegee? :shock:
Karman
First solo

Postby Karman » Tue May 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Ek raai maar jy praat met my ... Nee, maar ek het mounting saam met engine gekry :mrgreen: Ek moet nou net besluit of ek 912 mount gaan source, of hele 1 piece mount gaan maak.. Het Nice mount gesien wat iemand gemaak het vir YoTa motor, gebruik orspronklike engine mounts van die motortjie so nogals netjies. Sal foto gaan soek.

Ek sukkel ook nog met engineer shop wat my kan help met pulley's.. niemand so ver kan van CAD drawings af werk nie... soek almal sample.. hel, as ek sample gehad het, sou ek nie een wou laat maak nie (**) . Ek het 2 plekke darem gekry waar ek pulley kan invoer en dis nogsteeds helfte van prys as wat local my voorlopig geqoute het.

Die brackets etc het ek darem qoute gekry by CNC shop, en dis aanvaarbaar. Ek moet nog CAD klaar maak, maar wil eers pulley's finaliseer. Dan sal ek dit alles oplaai.

oo.. Besig met "gesprek" met P-Prop oor beste RPM vir dis bosbaba tiepe vleigtuig sodat ek 100% regte reduction ratio kan maak vir die HP vs Aeri VS tiepe vlieg...
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 am

Karman, praat met Diesel Dog oor ratte, hy kan maak.
pdarne
Signed up at flight school

Postby pdarne » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm really very interested in this topic, how are these engines doing?
You said what!!! Mr. President???
Karman
First solo

Postby Karman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Quick update form my side.

Going with Spitronics ECU, been used for Subaru for while on the gyro's and been proven . They even supply method for redundant switchover, but one need to draw line somewhere for redundancy.. ..

80% of PSRU (reduction drive) calculations done, now trying to find someone willing to give me prices. I can never figure out that people complain there no work, but when you ask for things no-one bothers to return your calls or give you quotes.... ($$)

If all goes to plan and taking prices from overseas, Firewall forward should be under R 25k . -0< Worst case, R 35k . This at least still under 50% of 582 with about 35% fuel saving and hoping for 95% local parts which make sourcing/repairing lot simpler.

L:
Tortoise man
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Tortoise man » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:01 pm

praat met die man oor poelies en belt.0824601356 leon van bearing man
Nog n man het sommer sy eie gemaak vir volla enjin0827711221
Karman
First solo

Postby Karman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Dankie Tortiose Man,

BMG is een van mense wat ek al 3 keer gebel het... Sal vir Leon try, dankie.
Kan jy asb naam gee vir 2de nommer, PM my as jy nie op forum wil sit nie.

Dankie
L:
Tortoise man
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Tortoise man » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Dirk