Bush Baby Serial 33 is finally complete

Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Bush Baby Serial 33 is finally complete

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:39 pm

(^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 am

flykr wrote:Serial #33 took to the air for the first time on Sunday. (^^) She only did one circuit as conditions were not the best - 10-15knt crosswind but test pilot seemed to handle it well. He was also concerned about the high water temps which turned out to be a false alarm thankfully. vhpy Unfortunately when I parked it back in the hangar I noticed large amounts of fuel running out the left wing so had to drain the tank hastily to investigate, :shock: seems the fibreglass tank has been damage as it no longer holds pressure. This is one part of the BB I did not rebuild so I am kicking myself for this (**) . Next step is to remove both tanks and get this sorted for the next flight. ##

Cheers
C
Before you rip the wings apart try this stuff. It works for me

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10752&p=114187&hilit=EC776#p114187
Greg Perkins
flykr
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby flykr » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Hello Morph,
I did the Scotchclad EC776 thing and filled the tanks up to check all ok for an hour and no leaks. :) Put wing back and all was fine but after first flight tank was leaking again but this time worse than before. :? I see my right tank has also started leaking so I will be removing both tanks this weekend...I hate fibreglass tanks.
:evil:
flykr
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby flykr » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 am

Just a short update on this project. I’ve sorting out the leaking fuel tanks ( I had to reglass both tanks ## ## and repair wings (**) ) ZU-CRM now has 3 hours of flying time on her.
She flies fine other than the tendency to drop the nose :o when you leave the stick so I need to look at sorting this out. ## Other than that she has no nasty tendencies, motor is still a bit tight so performance is not great but I’m told this should improve with time. Hopefully I’ll do some more testing this weekend if the weather holds up.

Fly safe
C