TOYOTA YARIS ENGINE

Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: TOYOTA YARIS ENGINE

Postby Oupa-G » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Mooi so Boet keep it simple en dan kan die Eboxi ook werk en daar het ons serious inside knowledge.

Cheers Oupa-G
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:27 am

Soek nog n ander enjin. die soort enjin is blykbaar nog n skaars soort dier. vhpy
Grumpy
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Grumpy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:29 am

Boet wrote:Soek nog n ander enjin. die soort enjin is blykbaar nog n skaars soort dier. vhpy
Nou wat help dit???? Skaars goed word duur (**) (**)
"Hope the weather is calm tomorrow !!"
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 am

Nie 2 dehandse kar enjins nie. Lyk vir my ek sal maar n kar moet steel. :evil:
crashtestdummy
Pre flight checks done

Postby crashtestdummy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

probeer vir vinesh franscis 041 451 4953 0f 0826576557
het een gehad in PE
4 solo flights builds character
JACO
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby JACO » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi Daar, 8)
Ek het vandag met 'n Jap Engine invoerder gesels wat Maandag die verskaffer in die ooste gaan besoek. Hy gaan spesiaal vir ons uitvind van die 4 silinder Toyota V V T i ( 1NRFE ) invoer moontlikhede. Sal laat weet sodra hy terug is in die land, dit behoort Woensdag te wees. :idea:
Ek wonder of ons die "eboxi" op die drie silinder Yaris engine kan gebruik, en ook die' nuwe vier silinder. :?: :idea:
Tot Volgende keer.
CHEERS!
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:42 pm

The Eboxi was never intended for a three cyl engine. However to do the 4cyl is no problem we can even do a variation in the amount of fuel we inject say between the two banks of cylinders, should there be a variation in inlet manifold, very much as the GAMI injectors do it mechanically we can do it electronically. It would be very interesting to do. The power specs of the 4 cyl are more or less like the 912S from brand X. We must keep on thinking into new directions. Luckily the Eboxi is 100% local and local is lekker.

Cheers Oupa-G
crashtestdummy
Pre flight checks done

Postby crashtestdummy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Hoekom gebruik jy nie die 2zr fe wat in die toyota yaris is en wat lokal is soos oupa g se dis lekker
specs
The Toyota 2ZR-FE is a DOHC, 16-valve, 1.8 L (1797 cc) engine also equipped with Dual VVT-i. This new engine is now replacing the 1ZZ-FE engine in most applications. Output for this engine is rated at 132 hp (98 kW) :lol: at 6000 rpm and 128 lb·ft (174 N·m) of torque at 4400 rpm for the Corolla, Matrix, and Vibe and 128 hp and 126 lb ft of torque in the Scion xD.

Specs:
Engine Type : In-Line 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve
Bore x Stroke = 80.5 x 88.3 mm
Compression Ratio : 10.0:1
Weight : 97 kg (without fuel)
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:20 pm

That will be a nice option for the Safari! (!!)
crashtestdummy
Pre flight checks done

Postby crashtestdummy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:10 pm

and all brand x with 115hp replacement
Wallaby
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Wallaby » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Help me here. Firstly, how do you determine what the reduction ratio must be? If the Yaris engine torque curve and revs differs from the Corolla, how are you going to get the optimum ratio and does the prop that you have availlable determines what reduction ratio you want? Also, with the reduction drive, does it mean that the engine give a better horsepower to the prop than say another engine with a 100 hp with a direct drive prop? Is the torque delivered to the prop also better with the reduction drive? Say you have an engine thats revving 6000-7000rpm and at give its best torque at a lower rpm, say like 5000 and you open the throttle for take off, what will be the best rpm for take off be then?

The terminology behind this all seems too much for my uninformed brain cells and I need someone to explain in normal English or Afrikaans for that matter, how the whole setup between the engine revs and reduction drive and prop technology works. Because as far as I know you can't just slap any prop onto an engine and of you go. :?: :?: :?: :?: :? :?
Life- I did it my way.....
The world is not enough!
- Manie Rossouw
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Wallaby, sorry, I have been kinda quiet about this engine for a while. I am very busy at present, trying to survive like the rest....... So OK, I am looking for the Corolla 1NRFE engine. Seems like it is a scarse kind of animal. It is light, very compact, and puts out 99hp @ 6000. Max torque at 4300RPM. So we can not just slap a propellor directly onto the crank, because you will not be able to swing anything longer than about 40". NOT very effective. The limiting factor here is propellor tip speed. You have to keep it below Mach .8 of the speed of sound. Anything above that, it will only make a lot of noise and vey little thust, if at all. So to get the best out of your engine, and the best out of your propellor, we fit a reduction unit. As a rule of thumb, we choose a very uneven ratio, like: 2.23:1, 2.27:1, 3.47:1. The reason being that if you go for a 2:1 or a 3:1 or 2.5:1, the prop will pick up harmonics from the power pulses of the engine. BAD for the prop, and your chances for throwing a blade increases. For that reason I have decided on a 2.43:1 reduction for my engine. Same as brand X. I have been contacted by an interested party not to far from me, the man bought an Explorer kit, and he is going for an auto- engine as well. He has his own engine rebuilding and engineering shop, so between the two of us, we will push this project thru. We have looked at other variants of Corolla and Yaris engines, but none suits the Bill. 1NRFE it HAS to be. vhpy
JACO
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby JACO » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Jammer,
Die Manne het oral in Japan en Maleisie rondgehoor, maar daar is nog geen 1NR - 100hp Engine beskikbaar nie.
Hulle sal aanhou probeer. :cry:
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Jip, so I noticed. We have decided on the 1NZ FE engine. 1.5L, 140nm @4200 and 80kw @ 6000rpm (107 hosses.) Engine all ally and light enough for our application. It defies the object to try with an engine that is hard to find. The Corollas and the Yarises share this engine, and as a LOT of them were sold, easier to find engines. Now just the ship have to dock...... :wink:
Stephan van Tonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Stephan van Tonder » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:57 am

Boet have you tried a place like Japan auto trading. They are in JHB and I have bought a lot of engines form them over the years. 011 397 6789.
Nuts about Cheetahs. Petit is the place.