Building the new Bushbaby SAFARI

Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: Building the new Bushbaby SAFARI

Postby Oupa-G » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:13 pm

I thought somebody would pick up the difference in colour, the actual fact is the dull gray one is import from China and slightly longer, the shiny one is from a company in Epping the exhaust are otherwise universally the same. The exhaust is actually in a very good nick. On the EGT's the temps run within 2 degrees of each other.

If you look at Bosvark II exhaust I had all the parts located and this will be shiny after 30 hrs. That is the price you pay for being #1. I can now quickly build another exhaust for my Trike and there I will make sure that they are of the local type. Boet well spotted.

Cheers Oupa-G
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:07 pm

The exhaust is back on the Bosvark for the weekend I hope the weather plays game. My proving flight auth runs out beginning of May. Must finish the last 9 hrs flying.

Cheers Oupa-G
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 pm

19 hours Oupa? Spake unto Monty this morn. He sayeth unto me; Thou shalt fly for 50 hours in the confines of 50 miles radius???? Pse go check on thoust papers. Please not to stone the bringer of ill tidings. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:06 pm

My papers say 50hrs or the 6th of May but I need to do 40hrs proving flight they gave an extra 10 hrs I hope that that is not an indication of how long the paperwork will take. I'm flying north to-morrow morning and the distance is 97 km's for breakfast so I'll be 100% legal.

Cheers Oupa-G
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Cloud Warrior » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:00 am

97 kms = 52.375 Nautical Miles = 60.273 Miles.........
Solowings Aquilla
32-4817
White Gum Farm, Western Australia
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Depending on what you negotiate you could get 100 miles, from your "base"

No where would that base be?? :twisted:
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:32 pm

I flew had a slight tailwind had a lovely breakfast with lots of genuine hospitality. Building is fun , meeting fellow aviators is a feast. I flew home with a lovely Yellow cap. To the Tallie family thanks for the opening of your dream place for us to enjoy.

7hrs to go.

Cheers Oupa-G
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Het Oupa vandag gevlieg. Vertel dan! I will hopefully be in the Fairest next weekend. Monty has asked me to do some flying with the Bosvarkie myself and write a flight test report fot the paperwork. vhpy
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Boet not a problem

Cheers Oupa-G
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Oupa, ten days and no report. Any new developments? Is Mogas's e-boxi ready yet? Hoe lyk die papierwerk sover? Are you still going to fit my woodcomp to test
Later
Stefan
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: Building the new Bushbaby SAFARII'm also preparing

Postby Oupa-G » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 pm

KFA I had my Atp flight test they are re-building my workshop there is so much dust and all my tools are packed away. This weekend was Tanqua Burning Africa so time just passed away. I'm also preparing for a Namib trip . I made a summary of the hours of the test period. During the very hot days we had I flew the Bosvark and I also did prolonged ground idling to check the temperatures.every temp was well in the green as long as the engine was turning so that the prop clutch is engaged . The final score is total hrs 50.8 and flying hrs that is airspeed above 30mph 35hrs that concludes a intensely monitored test flying program. The three bladed prop is high on the priority list. But the first and highest priority is the Banana Boys's Explorer and Bosvark II When I'm on the Namib trip I'l be gone for two weeks. It is a problem having only one body. What is the plan with the wing testing?

Cheers Oupa-G
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Sun May 02, 2010 8:39 pm

The workshop should be finished when I'm back from Namibia. Leaving tomorrow and will be of line for two weeks and then when I'm back it will start in all swing to finish all the unfinished projects. I did the final glide test this afternoon r.o.d. 550ft/min at 60mph engine idling and prop wind-milling. The Bosvarkie is now really a get in press the button and go machine, and I'm extremely happy with the final result. I have to finish the glare shield and fit the magnetic compass. Seems a bit obsolete with the present installation in a purely VFR machine. I must admit that the compass will work well without any electricity. On the final compass swing the final swing must then be with all electrical services switched off. My experience is that the various electrical services have each their own influence on the compass. In the days of Tiger Moths it was simple.

Cheers vir eers Oupa-G
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Sun May 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi Oupa, you do not have to fit a compass if the electronic one can be swung. IAW if you can do a magnetometer alignment on your installation then you do not have to have a conventional compass intstalled.
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Sun May 09, 2010 10:34 am

Oupa is somewhere in the Namib, having a ball I guess. ## ## ## ## For a man his age, he still does a full day`s work. Ek gun hom sy vakansie!! (^^) (^^)
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Wed May 19, 2010 6:04 am

OUPA?