report back - latest

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

lamercyfly
Top Gun
Top Gun

report back - latest

Postby lamercyfly » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:14 pm

O.K. I had a good chat with CAA licencing today, and also with Neil de Lange (GM of Aero Club). Niel has O.K'd me relaying the following news:

1. At todays industry consultation meeting, CAA gave the assurance that all the outstanding applications for Build Numbers, Initial Autho's to Fly and Proving Flight Authorities would be addressed within the next to weeks. Each application would be dealt with individually, 'on merit'. The tone was constructive, leading those present to believe that customers needs would be met within the next 2 weeks.

2. The problems surrounding part 24, and the implementation date of 1 Jan 2008 have been acknowledged. CAA will issue an 'policy statement' before 15 December, stating how the problems will be dealt with. The tone of the meeting was that the 'policy statement' will in effect make sure that we remain legal while the issues and amendments are sorted out.

The following statement I am releasing after speaking to both Claudia at CAA and Neil of Aero Club;

(i) CAA are not in the position to implement part 62 on 1 Jan 2008. They have also pointed out to us that we (Aero Club and MISASA) are not ready to implement part 62. There are still numerous requirements which have to be met before it can become legally binding. The bottom line is that CAA will also release a statement whereby the ANR's will continue to be the rule until all conditions for implementation are met.

The good news we have all been waiting for

I don't believe it would have happened this quickly if not for the incredible support I have received from all of you on this forum.

Thankyou and have a wonderful holiday.

Talk to you all in the new year.

I have finished with this work until next year..................

Cheers.
David Daniel
Email: lamercyfly@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 (0)746495744
Duck Rogers
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Duck Rogers » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:32 pm

I think I speak on behalf of all Microlighters when I say "thank you and well done!"
We are all indebted to you and all the others who have worked hard behind the scenes. =D* =D*

Salut! :D
Airspeed, altitude, or brains....you always need at least two
ICEMAN
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby ICEMAN » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:54 pm

=D* Thank You
ZU-CPW..... t/bird mk2
Hoedspruit Civil Airfield
Hangar 8
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:39 am

Thanks Dave
Hope you & your family have a blessed festive season.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Thanks to all that contributed

Postby John Young » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:46 am

Duck Rogers wrote:We are all indebted to you and all the others who have worked hard behind the scenes. =D* =D*
DITTO :!:

Thanks to all who contributed. =D* =D* =D*

Regards
John ZU-CIB
Hot Stuff
Survived first engine out
Survived first engine out

Postby Hot Stuff » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:58 am

Dave, thanks a million. Once again you stuck to your WORD
Massimo
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Massimo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:29 am

Talk about a GREAT Christmas present (^^) .
Thak you all for all the effort and input. =D* ^*^^
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:31 am

demon wrote:To Dave, Annie, Mike and all others involved...
THANKS GUYS
AND GAL :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ditto... :wink:
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Big-D
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Big-D » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:43 pm

Thanks to everyone who gave of there time and energy

Much appreciated

D
Big D
Sam
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

CAA

Postby Sam » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:09 pm

Another report regarding the matter of NTCA:

Amidst rising emotions, borne out of frustration of affected parties, today's Industry Liaison Forum has injected a glimmer of hope regarding the NTCA issue. In his capacity of chairman, the SACAA's CEO, Mr Zakes Myeza, once again guided the proceedings in such a fashion that representatives felt that the first inklings of an emerging solution is appearing. The acting Commissioner, Mr Gawie Bestbier, proposed that the CAA should internally revise policy and issue a statement to that effect by 7 Dec 2007. With such policy in place the CAA will then continue its deliberations with industry representatives who form part of a workgroup tasked to deal with this issue. This workgroup, which will have members of EAA and Aero Club, will amongst others formulate the criteria for interim exemption from the application of regulations that have led to the current stale mate situation. Senior management of the SACAA were in agreement with GA representatives that urgent attention needed to be given to the issuing of this exemption to alleviate hardship caused by restrictive practices relating to the issuing of build permits, authorities to fly and the registration of NTCA aircraft.

Mr Myeza's timely intervention, supported by Mr Chakarisa and Mr Bestbier, has the potential to arrest the damage caused to industry so far and will be recorded as another example of his sound leadership.
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Thank you David. I have been anxiously following the posts from all concerned the past couple of weeks. My impression is that MISASA/Aeroclub would have let this debacle come to an unhappy conclusion had it not been for Annie and your intervention. Thanks again. I look forward to join an alternative, Aeroclub-unrelated representative body in the new year, if and when it becomes compulsory.
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: CAA

Postby skybound® » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:42 am

Sam wrote:In his capacity of chairman, the SACAA's CEO, Mr Zakes Myeza, once again guided the proceedings in such a fashion that representatives felt that the first inklings of an emerging solution....

The acting Commissioner, Mr Gawie Bestbier, proposed that the CAA should internally revise policy and issue a statement to that effect by 7 Dec 2007.

Mr Myeza's timely intervention, ....
So now that Zakes is no more - I wonder if we will see this policy statement comimg out. Problem is that if it does not it really leaves no time before compliance date.

Anyone have any better insider information?
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:47 am

Via grape vine they were going to release a statement on NTCA on 7 Dec, but with Zakes leaving, Nationwide, board members fraudulent dismissal, Bestbier steeping down, general chaos, I doubt NTCA is a priority at this stage.
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:16 am

Yeah agreed initially with your thoughts about the prirorities, but then thought again about how many aircraft will not be airworthy come 1 Jan, and how many of those owners who will ignore the regs and fly anyway.

Once illegal activities and behaviour begin - it will become very difficult to reverse.
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:57 pm

CAA wrote:CAA will release a discussion document on NTCA policy on Monday. The deadline of today, Friday, 7 December 2007, could unfortunately not be met due to major unforeseen events having to be attended to during the past two weeks.
At least they are talking still :D