What is MISASA up to?

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

Fairy Flycatcher
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Fairy Flycatcher » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:19 pm

I remember about 3 years ago MISASA went on a great drive to improve their website. It has not worked before, because there is no incentive to go to the website. Why would there be?

Griffin is right. The energy used to set this up could be used more productively somewhere else.

Demon has kindly allowed us to use this site as a communication base to pilots. As MISASA has its own section here, I don't see that it will in any way affect MISASA or Microlighters.co.za negatively.

If MISASA kept going at its own section here, with 'the views here are...' kind of tone and some stricter rules, it would be an excellent communication base. MISASA had its own section, but after years of inactivity, it was finally removed.

About 2 years ago, when I wanted to start an ARO working with MISASA, it sparked huge defenses from Aero Club and later the new MISASA chairman. Now we try to get the laws amended more actively, after trying to follow MISASA / Aero Club channel for very long, and it sparks huge amounts of energy in defending MISASA, while diverting energy away from the major issues.

Neil has not replied to David in a long time. Mike Blyth has resigned as Chairman, but will see to it that the laws are changed to include Sport Planes first. Although he denies that this has anything to do with the prototype Sport Plane sitting in the workshop at Aviation Engines, defensive publicity and changing the face of MISASA like this makes me wonder...

Still leaves Trikes screwed. Some people say that the time of trikes are over... then why is it still booming in England, America, Australia, Europe...? MISASA has failed us and now instead of trying to fix things, they think this is some competition for what? Power...? I don't get it.

We gave our old, comprehensive and complete ARO document to MISASA last week, they can use this for their own ARO application which they were supposed to put in over 2 years ago. If MISASA can change and start working properly, I am all for it. At the moment I feel energy being misdirected again. Consulting 18 people is not proper consultation.

I just want to see trike flying protected and thriving again. Me personally, I can only see this hapening if we value trikes and basic rag and tube fixed wings for what they are. They have their place. But their place is not to be overwhelmed by the perceived 'money and growth' of sport planes. MISASA has not proved to protect trikes when it was purely a trike and basic microlight organization. Where does this leave us when Sport Planes are now included?

So, besides silly promises of flashier websites with no real nead to visit those websites, what can MISASA offer us in terms of

- communication (Coming to me, not me going to look for it)

- accident investigation (I will NOT believe another wip-stall accident in my life)

- marketing ( South Africa is a great place for full time international student

- events (social and competition)

- REGULATIONS!!! Who benifits as it is now? Aero Club AP scheme? Anyone else?
Annie
www.comefly.co.za
Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living
Brian Young
First solo

Postby Brian Young » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:53 pm

WHAT IS MISASA UP TO........???????????
WHAT IS MISASA DOING.......nothing
WHERE IS MISASA GOING.....nowhere

What a joke

Brian