La Mercy fly- How do i approve my HKS modifications please?

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

La Mercy fly- How do i approve my HKS modifications please?

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:58 am

Hiya Dave

I place this question on the forum so others can benefit from your "digging" with the type 24 regs etc. All can benefit from the answer...

As you know my HKS had 300hrs before I dismantled for the fuel injection system.

The HKS 700E in standard form TBO is 1,000hrs, the Americans have lobbied to extend this to 1,400 hrs and may well happen at the factory.

The fuel injection and exhaust mods are almost complete.

How do I get this mod approved by the CAA ??

Maybe as a product of my Company ? and re write the engine handbook ??
Possibly re label it as HKS 700 efi/za ?

I discussed this with Oddball and he suggested rewrite the owners manual ??

If this is possible then maybe you should re write the Rotax engines owners handbooks also? Maybe install a fuel injection system and re brand it 582 efi. I would imagine the system I have developed would easily fit a 503/582 and most definitely a 912.
It could be supplied it kit form, with inlet manifolds etc cast in Ballito. My neighbours at the factory are a major supplier of manifolds to the Street racers in the USA.

You could then change the tbo to 500hrs (or whatever) for a less cost than a crank replacement. And add in altitude compensation, density altitude, and many other good things with improved fuel consumption. Run the motor to 300 hrs and then send in for a efi kit. Re badge 503efi and then issue a new tbo.

As I said I don't know the rules at all. Maybe came and visit so we can discuss further. It may be a simple inexpensive Engineering answer to your type 24 problem...and a more efficient product.

I have the homework and input from my HKS to easily develop a efi system and I would expect it to cost about R6,000 retail. It could be fitted using the original Ducati ignition in about 3 hrs. Probably give more power also.

Thanks Zulu1
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

503 efi system

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:47 am

Dave I found a picture of a 503 with a throttle body set up. Electronics available locally.

Zului
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
lamercyfly
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby lamercyfly » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:26 pm

Hiya Paul........I'll be back tomorrow. But I'm gonna take a break for 3 days.

I'll be at the field on Tuesday, and I'll come see you.

Cheers.
David Daniel
Email: lamercyfly@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 (0)746495744