thanks dave :D
see you soon at ballito.
maby fly on sunday. 8)
lamercyfly
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby lamercyfly » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Hi folk.

(mr moderator, please move this topic to the MISASA, Aero Club, CAA and legislative issues section. Thanks)

I am happy to report back as follows on the events at last nights NTCA meeting convened by the EAA with the support of Aero Club....

Nobody knows anything :lol: :lol: , but somebody is asking questions :lol: Anyway, you all know the story about somebody, nobody etc.,

So, basically, the following:

1.Owner Maintenance

CAA are not against microlight pilots doing their own maintenance. Owners of aircraft in the other categories will still be allowed to do their own maintenance, but will have to apply for permission.

An amendment to the laws to reflect the above will be submitted to the Aero Club Technical Committee to be worded correctly for submission to CARCOM.

2. Maintenance Schedule

The view expressed by others at the meeting was that the schedule must remain...........it felt to me at the end of the discussion, that the sentiment did swing in favour of allowing microlight pilots to use the maintenance schedule as a guideline. Some felt that the wording should include the word "on condition". This term "on condition" would then need to be defined under the section on definitions. It just leads to more administration. I am still in favour of pushing for the schedule to be used only as a guideline for microlight pilots.

I will submit the amendments as I originally did them for consideration by the Aero Club Technical Committee.

I remain concerned, however, that because MISASA is now an organization which is looking after LSA as well, MISASA is not in favour of what I have proposed for microlights only...... I am concerned that the commissioner is not going to allow leniency for microlights if these are not seen as separate from LSA......... So, I have no problem with MISASA having incorporated LSA, but I do have a problem if this causes problems for true microlights......The feeling I got at the meeting was that microlights DO need to be seen as separate........

I also know that MISASA is going to take my recommendations and change them to fit LSA as well. I have no problem with that, as I will still submit my recommendations which are for microlighting only.

There were a handful of other issues debated, but I will open a discussion on them in the section on Aero Club, CAA, MISASA etc.,

Concerning the issue of legality after 1 January 2008, I believe our only hope now is for the Commissioner to phase the implementation in, during which time we can continue submitting amendments to Aero Club for further considertion into the laws. Another option is to ask the commissioner for a moratorium on the implemtation.

Neill de Lange did tell me that he considered this an urgent issue.

I will chat to Neill next week and report back on this topic.

Regards and thankyou to you all for your concern and input.

Please get your friends on board this forum......
David Daniel
Email: lamercyfly@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 (0)746495744