Open debate: NTCA MPL Commercial vs Recreational rules

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:34 pm

Dave and know that you guys ran a good operation and at all times stuck to the regs etc.

The point is that I think it is high time that some of these commercial operators got off their backsides and helped.

I am also the helling as there are still commercial okes selling aircraft under the pretense of it being a microlight when it is not. One even where it is being delivered in the first quarter next year when clearly this poor MPL will not be legally allowed to fly it on his MPL.

The commercial guys are just not cutting it at the moment - and if they are unhappy with where they find themselves through not getting involved earlier, they only have themselves to blame.

With them not even being aware of the regs or if they do - choosing not to comply, those are not the types that I would even want to engage into a debate with.

Ok maybe some generalisation here but I had to get it off my chest.
One other exception is of course Mike B - he probably needs to remain neutral.
ICEMAN
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby ICEMAN » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:02 pm

Skybound, i would agree with you on this........ the suppliers (bar a few), the manufactures (bar a few) and the commercial operators (bar a few) have been dead quiet......... they should in my humble opinion be making the most noise as it will effect their income the most.......... maybe im wrong here, but it seems to only be the same few names making noise for us weekend warriors..... these guys work with the stuff everyday.... as a collective group they should be leading the charge..... right- flamesuit on :!:
ZU-CPW..... t/bird mk2
Hoedspruit Civil Airfield
Hangar 8
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby DieselFan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:12 pm

25 hours :!: I know at SkyRiders that could mean once weekly. They trained about 100 pilots last year. Work out the numbers!