Carcom meeting 15th or 16th November

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

mike2flyfar
Ready for the first flight

Postby mike2flyfar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:32 pm

Thanks David for taking the initiative on this ... I have just spoken to Neil and asked him when the next CARCOM meeting is and what we can do to fast track amendments. He said Chris van Hoof was looking for me to speak about this matter.
I called Chris and he is facilitating a meeting at the EAA auditoriam at Rand Airport on the 15th or 16th Nov to try to get as far as finalizing changes that we want to Part 24, 94 and the CATS at that meeting.

Invited are:
The Aero Club who will possibly chair the meeting
MISASA
EAA
Homebuilders
SAGPA (Gyros)
The acting CAA Commissioner Gawie Bestbeer
and any others who feel they can contibute.

So we must not only go to the meeting with the exact reference to the regulations and CATS that we are unhappy about BUT we must go with the exact wording we would like to see as the amendments.

Neil mentioned that he felt that if we have consulted properly and have strong enough representation that the acting Commissioner can by way of an exemption put the amendments in place before Part 24 is promulgated (1st Jan 2008?) while the amendments actually go through the whole CARCOM / gazette process.

So, what you are doing here David will help us tremendously. We have very little time. Rowena Kraidy, MISASA technical officer is also working hard on this.

Cheers
M
mike2flyfar
Ready for the first flight

Postby mike2flyfar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:37 pm

Actually he said the 14th or 15th November. David, do you think you could make it ... will you still be up here in Jhb on those dates?

M
t-bird
Top Gun
Top Gun

re

Postby t-bird » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:16 am

Please print out the topics on Part 24 on Microlighters and take them to the meeting. Skybound have some good references and ideas.

Thanks Mike for inviting David to the meeting.
lamercyfly
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby lamercyfly » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi guys.

What Annie and I would like is to open the issues that we identify,( and please, if any of you readers want to open a topic on something, please please do it, )hopefully have more than the usual folk have their say, and then close the topic and have it put to the vote.

So far I have only opened one topic, namely 'Do we want to do our own maintenance and repairs'. I will be opeining another 1 or 2 soon.

Then we will print the entire topic (all pages of replies and discussions) plus the vote, and present it with our request as proof of consultation with the pilots (industry)

So, it is vital that all you folk reading these mails actually make your feelings known, and then you MUST vote when voting is called for.

This is also why I have put the challenge out to all members of this chat group to sign up pilot friends. I have asked another 4 pilots to join (that brings my tally to 5 new pilots on this group)

These guys are all active pilots, who are passionate about their sport.

All the folk who have been offering assistance, please help by phoning your pilot friends and making sure they join, and tell them how to use the page.........

Regards.
David Daniel
Email: lamercyfly@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 (0)746495744