Should joining a representitive body be compulsory?

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

Should joining a representitive body like Misasa be complusory?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:13 am

Yes and I am prepared to pay R400pa
28%
Yes and I am prepared to pay R600pa
16%
Yes and I am prepared to pay R800pa
16%
No
40%

Total votes: 43
lamercyfly
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby lamercyfly » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:29 pm

yo guys and gals.......

I think the timing of this post sucks..........

We have got seriaaaas issues, which have to be addressed immediately!

Darn it man, I don't know 1 pilot in SA who I will call a doos.......Where does this nonsense come from.........Come on Wart, who at your airfield will you call a doos? No-one, cause they are ALL great guys, and the guys at Ballito, who there is a dom donner, and the guys at Kroon/Rosslyn...........I have just spent 2 weeks flying out of there..........all GREAT guys.

So stop this O.K. Now just deal with the fact that there are some 3000 MPL's out there..........Where in a democracy do you expect to force everyone to like the same organization? Come on man, even if there were 4 organizations, there would still be about 500 pilots NOT belonging to any one of those 4........

That's just human nature. You aint gonna change that. So, MISASA, pull up your socks, do your marketing, stay in communication with your members, and you WILL get members...........Simple...........But, you will NOT get all the pilots..........There WILL be place for another organization if some-one wants to form it, and it will get members..........And that is a good thing, NOT a bad thing.........

This does NOT mean we are politicians or horrible people or whatever, it just means we are human............

O.K. Now everyone take a chill pill, and lets pull together to sort out the relevant laws which are staring us in the face.........

Thanks for reading this and best regards to you all,

Later
David Daniel
Email: lamercyfly@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 (0)746495744
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:56 pm

Even if only one person pay his membeship,he wants results.Dont ask me again what did I do-I am just a paying member.Maybe if they did more for us,more pilots would have join.
We certainly have to take action-if it is not too late.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Ranger
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Ranger » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:22 pm

Should it be compulsory? Compulsory my be a bit harsh. Can't we rather replace it with the word: recommended. If it's a good organization i would recommend it for sure.
I sometimes get confused............But i'm not sure
Brian Young
First solo

Lets clear a few pionts

Postby Brian Young » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi Annie and Chris
Firstly as long as I recall Misasa did not represent the microlighters at CARCOM this was not alowed during my time on misasa committe this was done by Niel of the Aero Club as I was told that I could not attend a meeting if I was not invited?????
Secondly I agree with you fully on the piots you make I was on the Misasa committee for 9 years.
Chris did you not say at one time that the microlight organisations spend 90% of there time and money on 10% of there members and it should be 90% time and money on 90% of the members, now that you are a compotition pilot has your thinking on this matter changed???
You know I know Dave knows and just about all of the past Misasa committee members know that while Misasa is controled and govened by Aero club, Misasa will never work, when we had 2200 members did it work then???? no has it ever worked???? NO even when part 103 was in force that forced all microlighter to be long to Misasa did it work NO NO
So please lets all wake up and listen to Annie the time has come to change the representing body to one that can act in the interest of microlighting The law make provision for this a second ARO
Regards,
Brian
Brian Young
First solo

Poll

Postby Brian Young » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:12 am

To All, I think this poll is a wast of time as it will not refect the true feelings of the majority of microlighters, how many on on this forum and how many micro pilots are out there?????
As for wart an kfa I think you guys must first find out a bit of history on the representing bodies and what has happened in the past befor you make the surgestions that you do and remember what is good for 17 is not to say good for 3000.
This world revolves arround, self gain, job protection and screw you jack.
A very pissed off
Brian
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:59 am

Dave and Brian - think you are bang on the numbers.

The timing especially sucks. Here we are at present with a sinking ship and we are more worried about who will captain the ship, than what we are in saving the ship.

To those of you trying to pick a captain or finding reason why you want to jump off the ship - off to the lifeboats. At least that will make this ship lighter and less chance of sinking.

We can worry about the politics once the ship has been saved.

ALL HANDS ON DECK :wink:
zucac
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

A CAPTAIN

Postby zucac » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:19 pm

MY 2c .the captain must at least fly micrlights and have no outside financial gain.
brett hill