Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

lamercyfly
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby lamercyfly » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi Jay.

Just to correct a point.............

In terms of the MOP copy which I have, and it is the latest version supplied by Aero Club, for the Aero Club ARO AP scheme, on page 12, it states quite clearly, that:

1. The owner of the aircraft wishing to have an inspection done MUST be an Aero Club member.

2. The AP MUST also be an Aero Club member.

If the above 2 are not met, no INSPECTION may be done.........

This is bollocks. But that is what the current situation is.

This also needs to be addressed.

The law clearly states that an AP must be recognized by the

1. Commissioner or
2. An organization approved by him (ie Aero Club AP ARO)

So, it is my contention that if I do not wish to belong to Aero Club, then it is my prerogative to approach the commissioner to ratify my rating and endorse it as a CAA approved AP.

This has to be done in any case, as Part 96 does not recognize the Aero Club ARO AP scheme for part 96 operations. The AP's for Part 96 have to be commissioner approved.

So, I believe that the CAA MUST always act as the back door for individuals who by choice do not wish to belong to any of the organizations which have been approved by the commissioner to act for NTCA operations.

I, for one, am not pleased at all with the current management of the Aero Club AP scheme. Mods and safety AD's are not anywhere to be found,
there is NO communication between the Aero Club and the members etc.,

I want to talk to Neil about this at our meeting on Thursday as well.

Regards.
David Daniel
Email: lamercyfly@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 (0)746495744
Brian Young
First solo

Postby Brian Young » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 am

I would like to know how a sport governing body/ organisation can dictate or have controll over a commercial / private bussiness???? and make rules and laws as they see fit???? who gives them the right and aruthority to scrap the constitutional law?????
Can you imagine Aero club trying to tell SAA or Comair what to do ??
if this is done then the same rules must apply as they do for CAA no CAA employee may have a commercial interest in aviation, this can create a very unheathy situation, self gain, victimisation, unfair treatment to metion just a few, so now how can you have a sport governing body/ bodies where there committee members are involved in aviation?????
Have rules changed and who changed them??? I think this should be taken up with the minister of transport because CAA are turning a blind eye or they would not alow this to happen as they should know the rules and laws???
B
FlyBoy05
Signed up at flight school

Postby FlyBoy05 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:45 am

louis firstly..

Sorry guys, this mail from flyboy was not relevant to the subject heading.

Flyboy, please don't be upset.......
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:31 am

Forgive me FLYBOY, but why not put your real name with the attack. Then you will be listened to, even if it just to have a good laugh at your spelling, grammar and logic.

Ah, and the nick FLYBOY is well chosen to put us off your track, because you are a lady, aren't you? How do I know - as Melvin says in As good as it gets "Take away reason and accountibility" and what do you end up with?

I suppose you have joined purely to attack Louis and that this would be your first and last post.
RudiGreyling
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby RudiGreyling » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Ditto Gert, I think Flyboy05's post is out of line, and without identification I think the MODERATORs should do their thing...

Regards
Rudi
lamercyfly
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby lamercyfly » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:13 pm

Yo folk.........

Please keep focused on these topics.

They all fall under the blanket umbrella of Legislative Matters. Whatever the actual topic, be it Aero Club, Misasa, or CAA, it will be a mail which needs to be addressed in a rational and clear thinking way.

So, please try to keep emotive issues divorced from the comments.

Thanks, and please don't stop writing :lol:

Regards,
David Daniel
Email: lamercyfly@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 (0)746495744
Brian Young
First solo

Flyboy05 wrote what??????????????

Postby Brian Young » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:31 pm

Hi FlyBoy05,
Could you PM me the post that was removed I would like to read what all this fuss is about :roll:
Thanks,
Brian