RAASA maak my RASEND

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

RAASA maak my RASEND

Postby gertcoetzee » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:53 pm

What is with these bureaucrats. Do they want to make it so difficult that we stop flying altogether, or that we just fly without a license?

I did my test (0.7 hours). This, according to the @$!#$ bureaucrats is not enough. Do they really think that an instructor will NEED that extra 0.3 hours to find out the flaw in my flying?

I sent them the paperwork. Why on earth do they want certified copies of documents they already have, from previous year? Are they so useless at keeping documents that they need another picture of me?

I sent CAA my medical. I sent RAASA a copy. Now they want a certified copy - do they not trust CAA? Do they realise that I now have to go to a police station to get someone who does not comprehend what he/she is doing to put a stamp on a piece of paper?

And there we thought that RAASA would be better than CAA, who also used to give us the same crap.

Oh, and this I hear from the instructor. They do not even phone me with their absurdities.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: RAASA maak my RASEND

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:04 pm

If you arrive at Raasa and you resemble your file photo then they're happy to keep the old one. Phone Pierre Loubsher and tell him the instructor did not include taxi, warm ups and pre-flight checks.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Last edited by gertcoetzee on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:16 pm

If you arrive at Raasa and you resemble your file photo then they're happy to keep the old one. Phone Pierre Loubsher and tell him the instructor did not include taxi, warm ups and pre-flight checks.
This just show the burocratic w@nking. Unfortunately if you are not in Gauteng, you have to abide by whatever new rules they make. See also my comment about previous flight tests. Can someone tell me where it states that the flight test must be of a certain duration?

RAASA, luckily I am a great believer of karma. So keep on giving it to me.