Part 62 amendments

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Part 62 amendments

Postby skybound® » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 am

Anyone started looking through the gazetted amendments yet?

I have gone through a few pages (speed reading) and seems like these new test ratings may have an impact on us. The previous rating was rather thin, but now looks like you have to either have this rating, or use someone who has to fly the aircraft following various catergories of maintenance. Perhaps even extends to during proving flight time too.
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Part 62 amendments

Postby Morph » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Greg Perkins
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Part 62 amendments

Postby alanmack » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 pm

I posted the reply on the Hangar Talk thread that covers this matter - see New regs Part 62.10

I got a nudge on this topic a little while ago. Eish - why are you all so relaxed about it?

I have been waiting to get news on the work that we are doing before responding. Deon Kraidy is handling it with the CAA and well, we are trying to remain friendly with other stakeholders on this matter. This is a time bomb! But then, this is my opinion and please note that I am no expert - it is just the view of an everyday pilot.

Have a look at the MISASA topic on what we do for you - it is the last category on the forum - sounds melodramatic but anyway it is where we get to chirp on the forum on MISASA matters.

Quite simply this is a matter that could empty your pockets. How much does it already cost to get your paperwork in order to fly? You may this year have paid the following:

Annual inspection 600.00, Flight test 210.00, Fuel (flight test 55.00), ICASA 380.00, a few back years to keep ICASA happy 'cos they are catching up say (2008/9/10) 144.00, RAASA MPL 24 months 520.00, RAASA ATF 100.00, RAASA Speedpost 2x130.00, Passport photo 35.00, MISASA 250.00, Aero Club 250.00, Flight folio 190.00, Medical 700.0O

Do the maths > that's over R3,500 even without a calculator.

And now you are all calm about paying for your AP to test fly your plane! His insurance to test fly will cost an arm and a leg and do you really believe that they will fly your plane without it being insured. Next take a few hours of your time and use it to chat to General Des Barker t the CSIR who is Chairman of the Test Pilots Association. Firstly he has a truly tough reputation but in my opinion he is a highly experienced and level headed man that will never agree to someone being any kind of test pilot with the kind of Pooh Pooh levels of experience being bandied about. The solution is not easy test pilot certification - the solution is - NTCA freedom to fly - less rules - less bureaucrats etc All this will just mean more meetings that we must attend. Do you know that it is not uncommon for a test pilot to ask for about 10% of the company to test fly a new plane! Let me tell you, you can stack thousands on to the R3,500 number quoted above to get past the telephone call never mind the rest.

I apologise for not offering comfort - please eMail Deon if you want to help him with this matter - he has to travel from Hoedspruit to attend meetings and could really do with some Jhb local help. his email is deon@lefssa.com

Fly safe
Alan
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!