RAF gyrocopter accidents

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

Kerneels
Signed up at flight school

Re: RAF gyrocopter accidents

Postby Kerneels » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 am

flying-i wrote:Kerneels! Another cut and paste, you are outdoing yourself. If you expect answers to your questions then surley you should answer questions posed to you like with who and how long did you fly with and without a HS in a RAF?

Any how, I see you have highlighted some words; is this what you want me to substantiate?

(!!)
I am so glad that is not only me that have problems in spelling :lol: :lol:

For your information this is not a cut and paste. You get this by clicking on "QUOTE" on the top of the screen :lol:

Go fly a trike :lol: :lol:
saraf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby saraf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:33 am

HI Kerneels

With who did you fly the RAF 2000? And for how long?

Regards
SARAF
Good instructors always speak well about all flying machines.
Bad instructors speak badly about machines they cannot fly.
flying-i
First solo

Postby flying-i » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:59 am

Kerneels, Kerneels, Kerneels,

Now that we have established that you can read the tool bar how about taking the time to read previous posts, you will see that I never commented on your spelling or grammar or use of afrikaans.

They really are simple questions:
With who, where and for how long did you fly a RAF, both with and without a HS? This is important as it was the justification of your initial comment.

I have answered your questions, given my first hand experience, shared my research and stated my opinion... you on the other hand seem to have stated someone elses questionable opinion and then backed it up with your own questionable first hand experience.

It is that first hand experience that is in question and your credibility now hangs in the balance.

I take it then that this last comment confirms that you had no basis for your original comment and that, in fact, it is likely that when it comes to the RAF specifically, you cannot comment as you have nothing other than hearsay in you portfolio. (!!)

As a final word to conclude, view this video of the RAF being flown hands off. The instructor only touches the stick to do radio calls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88cBcPO ... annel_page
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
hersham
Thinking of flying

Postby hersham » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 am

Interesting video ,flying i,but is it my imagination or is his left knee and lower leg vibrating with the stick which would indicate he is actually steering with his knee...and why is the stick and the whole cabin vibrating so extensively.Does all RAF's vibrate that much or did this one have a problem?Surely it cannot be good for the structural components, especially because the main chassis components are only riveted together?
Coming to think of it,Softness would like it!!
Kerneels
Signed up at flight school

Postby Kerneels » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:42 am

flying-i wrote:Kerneels, Kerneels, Kerneels,

They really are simple questions:
With who, where and for how long did you fly a RAF, both with and without a HS? This is important as it was the justification of your initial comment.

I flew the RAF with Paul Bruty sometime in 2007 in Ballarat with the stab and then with an instructor
with the name of Laszlo Boross in Perth

It is that first hand experience that is in question and your credibility now hangs in the balance.

Are you sure?????

I take it then that this last comment confirms that you had no basis for your original comment and that, in fact, it is likely that when it comes to the RAF specifically, you cannot comment as you have nothing other than hearsay in you portfolio. (!!)

I say again rather go and fly trikes :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a final word to conclude, view this video of the RAF being flown hands off. The instructor only touches the stick to do radio calls:
It is shaking itself apart :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88cBcPO ... annel_page
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Kerneels,

Please forget your password when you want to log into microlighters again. You bring nothing to the table here.

Flying-i, great choice on aircraft. I will support you and jetranger all the way, because you got style.

Bye kerneels, I have put you up as an foe, and will not see your posts any more. Matter of time before everyone do that.
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
mikemat
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby mikemat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Yawn...... . I agree that this all became unproductive some time ago.

Some people like perving on the internet, and some like to stir.... just for a reaction. Think Springbok emblem and Julius Malema. Really, the best way to frustrate the c@&p out of them is not to rise to their bait. Let's not give Julius the pleasure, and let him work on improving his woodwork skills instead.
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Guys, we really have better things to do... like flying, because we can and we do. Some talk, and some do.
Let them talk nonsense amongst themselves while we go fly.
click click ignore. klaar.

Len

PS... Gyro Squadron 196 flew from Cape Town to Kimberley yesterday and from Kimbereley to Pilanesberg today... tomorrow Botswana!
Yeehaaa
MICHIEL
Ready for the first flight

Postby MICHIEL » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:19 am

Yes Len I second that, was at the Robertson breakfast fly in on Saturday and it was very obvious that not one gyro or trike attended.....not good enough... :( :( :(
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby FO Gyro » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Would have flown in to Robertson in my MT-03 gyro, but SAA wanted me to fly my B737 to Jnb and back again on Saturday. Pity when work (don't laugh) gets in the way of my gyro flying. Oh well, at least I was still flying!
Glenn Poley
ex ZU-AWE Windlass Trike
ex ZU-AOA VPM M16 Gyro
ex ZU-BPU Sycamore Gyro
ex ZU-ATC VPM M16 with Rotax 914 Gyro
ex ZU-GJP MT-03 Gyro
ex ZU-NPC RV9A
ZU-RJR Magni M24 Orion Gyro
Xyster
Found a flight school

Postby Xyster » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:31 am

Why is it so important for RAF NOT to fit a HS as it is a normal
design feature on most gyro’s and planes?
saraf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby saraf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Xyster

Most gyros in general today is just a copy of someone else's aircraft. The RAF was designed as a powered aircraft and did not follow the line of all the copies of the Bensen. That is why it has a patented mast design, a patented C OF G, and a patented Rotor Stabilator. This is why RAF also has industrial designs on the shape of the cabin. Because RAF is not a copy of the basic gyros of the 1950's they are free with new technology to change the RAF for the better and that is why almost every other gyro tries to sell the idea that all must be the same or they are dangerous. This is what happens when you copy, then you don't have a deep insight as to how and why things work the way they do. And if you don't know humans become fearful of change and anything different than what we are use to or have is no good.

Regards

Eben Mocke Jnr
Good instructors always speak well about all flying machines.
Bad instructors speak badly about machines they cannot fly.
hersham
Thinking of flying

Postby hersham » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:16 pm

NO,NO,NO . . . . FO Gyro your priorities are totally wrong!!! Tel SAA to FO(ff) :roll: :roll: :roll:
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:57 pm

hersham wrote:NO,NO,NO . . . . FO Gyro your priorities are totally wrong!!! Tel SAA to FO(ff) :roll: :roll: :roll:
At least he was burning a hell of a lot of fuel! ## ## ##
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby FO Gyro » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:22 pm

I wasn't going to respond, for fear of being accused of highjacking a thread.

Would have burnt about 5 000kg of fuel from CPT-JNB.

Now, let me leave the others to their thread where they were dabating those stabilator thingamajig's on RAF's.
Glenn Poley
ex ZU-AWE Windlass Trike
ex ZU-AOA VPM M16 Gyro
ex ZU-BPU Sycamore Gyro
ex ZU-ATC VPM M16 with Rotax 914 Gyro
ex ZU-GJP MT-03 Gyro
ex ZU-NPC RV9A
ZU-RJR Magni M24 Orion Gyro