Gyros invading Overberg Airshow!

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

Learjet
Top Gun
Top Gun

Gyros invading Overberg Airshow!

Postby Learjet » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Looks like the Cape Town Gyronauts have got their stuff together for the Overberg Airshow fly-in! :lol:

So far we have 6 gyros (4 Magni's, 1 Sycamore, 1 RAF) all flying there together on the Friday. :D

Overberg - prepare to be invaded by the whirly-birds! :shock:

We'll all be staying at my house in Arniston. Any Microlighters there that weekend are more than welcome to come and join us for a social braai on Saturday evening! (^^)

PM me for details!
Dave
Last edited by Learjet on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:33 pm

Long overdue Dave

Thanks for being the catalyst. I am really looking forward to a fun weekend and lots of safe flying!
Coyote
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Coyote » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:59 am

Have a jol guys - love to be able to join you.
Coyote
Life looks better from 2000 ft
Low Level
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Low Level » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:55 am

The only way we can join you is with pictures and more pictures - pleeeeeze remember the cameras. :wink:
Happiness is: Wanting what you have.
ZU-CFW
My soul called, and it wants it's life back. Only one thing to do. Let's fly.
Learjet
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Learjet » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:24 am

And the gyro squadron just keeps growing... 8 gyros flying in together so far! :lol:
Louisvw
Pre flight checks done

Postby Louisvw » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31 pm

Is there room for one more
Louis van Wyk
Aero Sport
FAFK
"Safe Flying"
Learjet
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Learjet » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi Louis - you're very welcome to join us for the fly-in! The plan so far is that we will be meeting up and departing from Stellenbosch at 12h00 on the Friday.
You'll have to make a plan with accomodation that side as we've unfortunately completely run out of space at my house (15 people!!!) :shock:
Learjet
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Learjet » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Well, the gyros certainly invaded! But only just! Friday departure was looking doubtful, but a nice break in the weather and an open Sir Lowry's Pass had 6 gyros wheels-up from FASH and zipping along the coast from Kleinmond to Pearly Beach with a 40 mph tail-wind! Our planned lunch stop at Pearly Beach was cut short with some rain clouds chasing us, so we "gapped it" for Bredasdorp and FAOB.

The gaggle of gyros (6 Magnis, a Sycamore and a RAF) certainly attracted some attention - not only from the public, but also from other pilots who were clearly quite impressed at how these little gyros had buzzed in quite happily despite the windy conditions!

Th airshow itself was spectacular - the air-to-air live missile firings were definately the highlight of the event! Really amazing to watch - especially the twilight firing on Friday evening. Big thank-you and compliments to TFDC for hosting such a wonderful airshow. Each one seems to get better and better every year! :D
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

WOW!! - What an airshow!!

Postby Gyronaut » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:13 am

I have been to many many airshows over the years. (Mainly because I have been around for so damn long .. lol) This airshow was simply the most impressive I have ever been to. Finnished and Klaar. Aside from the first air-to-air firing of a missile at a public air show EVER (not once... THREE times!) the jets, helicopter and military pyrotechnic displays were just astounding! The spirit of cameraderie was tangible amongst everyone and the spectacular scenery on the way there and back really made it a weekend to remember. I didn't take many pictures but will certainly post what I have soon. Lets see more pics yes!

Len

Ps... One of the local farmworkers, looking astounded, commented that he never knew there were so many white people! (LOL)
Coyote
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Coyote » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:23 pm

I hear that you guys had an absolute jol!!!!
Drank too much and enjoyed a great flight both ways - and the airshow was apparently awesome
Coyote
Life looks better from 2000 ft