Stirrer vs Gyro 0's

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

Brian Young
First solo

Stirrer vs Gyro 0's

Postby Brian Young » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Anybody out there for a couple of rounds????
or are you 0's to busy dicussing rotor speeds and how you just managed to get airborn after 400 mts with full turbo boost your answer might be to fit twin 914's oh hell no then your range would only be 25 klicks but keep discussing rotor speeds anf you might come up with a solution.
Eggbeater
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Eggbeater » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:07 pm

I still think 3 or 4 rotors would be better. The Red Baron did not fly a triplane for nothing.

See the gyor pic on the Magni/Ella thread and see what can be achieved with very little power.
Brian Young
First solo

Eegbeater

Postby Brian Young » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:19 pm

EB checked it out and replied, did you see the fotos that FO posted with the Alti on 10700 if that is true it must be a all time world record for a gyro
but then again you could always turn up the alti for the foto, what is it with these oks dont they know that the gyro concept was a flop, invented in 1923 and still not right, catch a wake up oks you been duped.
Mogas
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Mogas » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Eish Brian
Jy krap nou die leeu se bal..................
Nottaquitta
Brian Young
First solo

Mogas wrote die leeu se bal

Postby Brian Young » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi Mogas, wa is die leeu?? en het hy a bal ? ek sein net a pussycat :shock:
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby FO Gyro » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:07 pm

May I say that the unofficial altitude record in a gyro in SA is 24 500 feet! The official record is 22 000 as documented in African Skies magazine (last year).

Ok, that will probably mean nothing to the peanut gallery that plague the forum, but gee whizz eitherway. Giving hot gen like that is like feeding strawberries to pigs. Wish I had some doom for those nasty posts by the non converted gyro "O's".

Have the fixed wing "O's" not heard the expression that fixed wing pilots just fly, but rotor wing pilots PLAY. ROTORHEADS RULE!
Glenn Poley
ex ZU-AWE Windlass Trike
ex ZU-AOA VPM M16 Gyro
ex ZU-BPU Sycamore Gyro
ex ZU-ATC VPM M16 with Rotax 914 Gyro
ex ZU-GJP MT-03 Gyro
ex ZU-NPC RV9A
ZU-RJR Magni M24 Orion Gyro
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:07 pm

FO Gyro wrote:Have the fixed wing "O's" not heard the expression that fixed wing pilots just fly, but rotor wing pilots PLAY. ROTORHEADS RULE!
Hey I play da Fool often :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:49 pm

Brian, you speak with forked tongue again!

Speaking of playing with the lions ball... I was outside one night at Brians' place when a LION roared a few hundred meters away. Biran told me the next day that I should add more coke and less ice.

Turns out the lion roar I heard was an amorous Ostrich! (according to Brian ... so I dont know if that is bullshit either, anymore)
Brian Young
First solo

JR wrote

Postby Brian Young » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:44 am

Hi JR the fact is it was a groot foel across the road, but then again you gyro 0 (farts) will believe anything like take off dist, hover, air speed, long dist flying, value for money, etc, etc, etc but dont worry I still think you a good ou with a lekker gyro, regards to the good lady.
Coyote
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Coyote » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:33 pm

Hey Brian

Didnt you want to be a gyronaut but you had too little gyro and too much naut (read ass)??
I heard that you wanted to be a gyro instructor - I dont know? you need pretty big brass ones for these cool aeries. So its true - jealousy does make you nasty.
Coyote
Life looks better from 2000 ft
Brian Young
First solo

Mossie wrote

Postby Brian Young » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:31 am

Eagle 1 or should I say Mossie 0 it sounds like you havent flown more than 100 hrs and when you understand what brass balls meens we can then talk again, try flyiong out of the cabage patch for a change you wont get to scared, but make sure that the weather is perfect and take a GPS with you and make sure you know how to use it so that you dont get lost.
Dont worry one day you might be a eagle at the mowment you are only
a mossie
Brian Young
First solo

Mossie wrote

Postby Brian Young » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:32 am

Eagle 1 or should I say Mossie 0 it sounds like you havent flown more than 100 hrs and when you understand what brass balls meens we can then talk again, try flyiong out of the cabage patch for a change you wont get to scared, but make sure that the weather is perfect and take a GPS with you and make sure you know how to use it so that you dont get lost.
Dont worry one day you might be a eagle at the mowment you are only
a mossie :lol:
Coyote
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Coyote » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:01 am

Aren’t you flying tents? I have been away from the cabbage patch plenty – gyros are new, not flying and by the way I have way more than 100 hrs on my MPL license.

I hear that they are having a special on tents at Builders Warehouse – do you want me to go have a look for you maybe you can recover your flying tent?
Coyote
Life looks better from 2000 ft
Brian Young
First solo

Eagle 1 (mossie 0) wrote

Postby Brian Young » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:42 pm

Yes I fly tents and a lot more but what you attempt to fly is a converter :oops: a machine that converts good petrol, avgas into horrible noise but then again some oks like playing with over size vibrators, whatever blows your hair straight. :lol:
Brian Young
First solo

FO

Postby Brian Young » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:34 pm

Hey FO, pretty quite for some one that made a big statment that im no match for you, whats wrong the cat got your toung or havent you recovered from the fright you got when trying to fly in more that 10 knts of wind, dont worry you will feel better in about 30 days time but take it easy just now and next time keep it to under 3knts of wind in any direction.