Ela vs Magni Gyro

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Which of the two is Brian Young?

Postby John Young » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:48 pm

JetRanger wrote:Brian Young you stirrer!
Hi JetRanger,

Which of the two is Brian Young :?:

Receceived a PM from him - it read;

Hello you ol' Fart,

Long time no hear.

Are you still wearing those stinking red socks?

Your son,
Brian

My reply

Dear Brian,

I am not an old fart, nor do I wear red socks and I am not your dad.

Good for a laugh. :lol: :lol:

Brian Young - you're a stirrer alright. :lol:

Regards
John ZU-CIB
Brian Young
First solo

Hi Len

Postby Brian Young » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:08 pm

Hay len good to hear from you, Ja man just getting the blood preasure up for the Gyro 0's, as far as my Insructors rating goes after Sean's death I was going to finish it with Farnie in Kroonstat but decided to put it on hold untill I have made up my mind to buy a gyro, no use doing the Instructors if I dont own one. Must admit I still like the sportcopter single seater did you see the DVD when you where at Pyramid.
As far as the air line pilots coments I surpose if you are flying around in a bus all day anything els that flys must be exciting :lol:
Will come and visit in Jan or Feb.
Brian Young
First solo

The Stirrer

Postby Brian Young » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:24 pm

Ja guys I am going to ask Barry if he can change my name to the Stirrer,
You must admit I got a bit of life into this forum, did you see how many people were viewing this topic.
Len Varkies sends his regards. I will post a piture of him so all the oks can see who he is.
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Hi Len

Postby FO Gyro » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 pm

Brian Young wrote:As far as the air line pilots coments I surpose if you are flying around in a bus all day anything els that flys must be exciting :lol:
That's a bit uncalled for, but then you like to stir the pot I guess.

I woudn't say its not exciting, just the opposite. I wouldn't call the gyro exciting, it's just more fun. Try flying a jet at 350KTS indicated (groundspeed around 650km/h) at 200 feet AGL, and you'll know what exciting is, or a 6000 feet per minute rate of climb when very light, that's exciting! That gets the adrenalin pumping. Not my gyro that flies at 80 kts! Flying low and slow is what I like in the gyro, not high and fast in a jet! :D

Attached is a photo taken from one of our DU's (display unit's) in the flight deck of our Boeing 737 showing a ground speed of 591 KTS the other day. That's 1095km/h. Not exciting hey?
Attachments
IMG_2082.JPG
IMG_2082.JPG (34.28 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
Brian Young
First solo

FO wrote, uncalled for.

Postby Brian Young » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:35 am

Hi FO, if you want to give you must be able to take.
Tell me how offen do your DU's fly like that, once a year ? once every 5 years ? or once a lifetime ?
If I wanted to fly low and very fast I would have joined the airforce, but low and fast in a bus is not my idea of fun or a andrin rush,
Tell me how many of your 10500hrs was the bus on autopilot?
But No probs thruogh a few switches push a few buttons hit the autopilot and sit back and relax this is a fun and light hearted forum.
The Stirrer. 8)
Brian Young
First solo

John Young

Postby Brian Young » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:40 am

Hi John, did not know that there are two old farts in Natal with the same name, but with a name like Young you must be OK, where are you based
send me a PM with your details and when im in Natal will come and visit.
The Stirrer
Yoda
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:18 am

Hi Fo. Very nice to have someone like you on this forum.
Very impresive CV and I think a lot of guys can only dream of what you achieved. Congrats on that. Makes me feel small.

I'm so glad we have found a rival for Brian. ##

I'm going to start a new topic where I want to ask FO a question with regards to gyros an jets, cause I think we have lost this threads original topic a long time ago.
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

John Young

Postby John Young » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:23 am

Brian Young wrote:Hi John, did not know that there are two old farts in Natal with the same name.
Well, thank you sir :!: :lol:

Glad your dad was not my instructor - who would have been PIC :?: Log books and control sheets could have been very confusing. :lol:

I hangered with your dad for a year - enjoyed every minute at Cato - have recently moved across to Light Flight.

Stirrer - you have a PM.

Regards
John ZU-CIB
Griffin
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Re: The Stirrer

Postby Griffin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 am

Brian Young wrote:Ja guys I am going to ask Barry if he can change my name to the Stirrer,
You must admit I got a bit of life into this forum, did you see how many people were viewing this topic.

Given your feelings about Gyros may be "Stirred nor Shaken" would be a better? How about 007?
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Which of the two is Brian Young?

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:29 am

John Young wrote:
JetRanger wrote:Brian Young you stirrer!
Hi JetRanger,

Which of the two is Brian Young :?:
Brian Young is in the middle, the late Sean Klopper on the right of him and myself on his left.

And this is Varkies! Wanted to bite me until I spoiled him with Sweetpotato and I became his best mate!
Attachments
DSCF0077a.JPG
Varkies at Pyramid, Barberton
DSCF0077a.JPG (79.85 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby FO Gyro » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:45 pm

I didn't realise Brian was such a hard case. He's no match for me though, even though he might try...Some people like to stir just for the sake of it.

Was hoping to add some valuable insights into why I bought a MT-03, but as you say, the orginal thread has been lost to sillyness. Wasn't aware this was a humour network. I'd rather stick to my day job thank you.

No one has commented on my photo's taxiiing down my farm's access road (see page 3 of this thread). Now you can see why gyro's are the best thing ever! Gyro's rule OK!
Those that say gyro's are over rated, think again. I'd like to see a fixed wing taxiing with it wings folded up!
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Hey FO

Brian is the opposite of the way he has come across here, I assure you. Of course he can be a pain sometimes, hence he is affectionately known as Mother Goose by many of his students. (I assure you, over the years he has had many of those). Its a matter of perception, suffice it to say, I'd be honoured to be his wingman anytime.

As for you young man (FO), I have a bone to pick with you! After I landed at Fisantekraal one day last week I was told that you were there and had just left!? Nice one, next time say Hi and lets fly! :o :)

As for your photo, it brought back fond memories! I had my first gyro flight outside Messina on a game farm. Lousy runway, hot, heavy. Was so impressed with its performance against that of an R22 that I got hooked and after thorough research decided on my Sycamore. I refuse to enter into the debate as to which gyro is better because they all have their advantages and disadvantages and it depends what and where the application is. At the end of the day I think its important that the pilot is a gyronaut first and that 'type preference' is insignificant against his gyro passion.

As for the thread going off topic and this being a humour network, isn't that great? Like minded guys sitting around a virtual fireplace chewing the fat and learning from each other (even arguing a little occasionally)

Viva the Gyro Talk forum!

Len
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby FO Gyro » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi Len,

Sorry I missed you the other day. Was just passing through, and didn't have too much time. Got some good gen from Louis though. Will give you a call sometime.

Only joking about Brian, all in jest I'm sure.They say in communication, 94% of one's message comes from your body language, the tone of voice, volume etc, and the remaining 6% from what you actually say. In written forums like this, saying something to stir, or in jest, can be taken the wrong way if you don't know the person you are talking to. People sometimes forget this...People also shoot very quickly from the hip sometimes.

There seems to be a fair amount of rivalry amounst the varous gyro owners as to which is the best. As you say, they all have their pro's and con's. My choice was the MT-03, and the reasons I gave were for my situation. At the end of the day, as long as we all get to fly, and to do it safely, and to learn from each other.
Brian Young
First solo

Hi FO

Postby Brian Young » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:25 pm

The fotos are nice pitty about the K$K thing on the road if any animal saw that they are proberly still running, as far as a fix wing folded up, have you seen a Avid flyer, Kitfox, Erofox or Bushbaby can do the same if you havent, you aint seen nothing yet back to your day job boy.
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:47 pm

I take back anything I said about Brian young that may be construed as being nice.

I apologise for the error.

:roll: :D :roll: :lol: