The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

Steve_SP
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Re: Xenon Gyro

Postby Steve_SP » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi

This week in Europe saw the large Berlin ILA aero trade show taking place ( alternates with the Farnborough and Paris-Le Bourget shows ) - exhibiting was Aviation Artur Trendak showing a ZEN1 gyro - more info on the "news" section of their website

http://www.autogyro.eu/index.php/en/str ... ronaglowna

Steve
braam hechter
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby braam hechter » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:48 am

Good Morning All.

I trust you had a relaxing weekend. The weather on this side was not the best out for flying.

Wagtail did however conduct some communications and surveillance testing done with "Rooies" with equipment sent by General Dynamics for the AAD show. The outcome were very interesting. The basic set-up will be exhibited and discussed at the show. The intention is to use this for surveillance with the real time down link.

Artur Trendak and Darek Marszalek from the factory are also arriving on Tuesday for attending the show. JohanvL and his team have made some interesting tests with various different pieces of role equipment. They have also worked on rotortechnology which increases the stiffness of the rotor whilst still decreasing the weight. This will allow for a faster flight with the increased rotor rpm but with a decrease in rotor flap. Most of these technologies will be on display at AAD and you are all invited to come and visit. The intention is to have a Kriek, "Rooies"the basic 3 seater Xenon , the Vlooi and also a bare Sycamore at the show on display. The Sycamore will be used as an educational tool to explain the workings of a gyro to the visiting school kids.

Gerrit and his team are also making a lot of effort in setting up the SAGPA stall and i have also met Daniel Alfotter. He has brought in the Trixy gyro and if i am not mistaken she will also be displayed.

Have a stunning day and please attend the display at some time. Look at http://www.aadexpo.co.za. You can register on-line to receive a barcoded entry pass for the Trade days. SMS me your name and contact details if you require a code for this registration.

Greetings

Braam Hechter

"If you don't have a dream, you can't have a dream come true"
PTKay
Signed up at flight school

Postby PTKay » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Not relevant any more.
Last edited by PTKay on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby mak » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm

One lucky South African bugger will be the new owner of this beautiful machine. Fortunately for him he is a gentleman and nice guy else I might have hijacked it. Sigh, I guess I will be waiting at the harbour for my boat to come in.
Zen 2.jpg
Zen 4.jpg
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER
mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby mak » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Some more
Zen 3.jpg
Zen 1.jpg
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER
Steve_SP
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Steve_SP » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks for posting those photos Mak.

It is now one year since the business split between RC and AT - Dec 2011.

In terms of production the split occurred around about build number #146 ( give or take a couple ). #147 was delivered by AAT ( Aviation Artur Trendak ) in Jan 2012 to a German client.

#163 went to South Africa in August 2012 and #170 has been exhibited at trade shows in Europe in recent weeks. That's around 25 machines ( Zen1 ) built by AAT in the past 12 months.

RC was faced with the enormous challenge of starting a fresh production line, no easy task for sure. The RC website posted photos of three new build Xenons in mid summer under construction. Since then there has been no public news of the first example being complete and rolled out or first flight, let alone customer delivery.

The yellow machine in the photos looks great but will look even better in the sunny skies over SA !

I look forward to seeing it appear on the ZS/ZU register update in the next few weeks ( Mak if you know the build number now then I'd be interested to hear - my guess around #171 ).

Question for Braam- can you give us any news or photos of your rare "XL" Xenon please.

Regards

Steve

http://xenongyroblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Steve_SP
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Steve_SP » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi

The new Zen1 from AAT is build #171

A few newer photos of it for you to ponder
Attachments
Zen1d.jpg
zen1b.jpg
WilBod
Looking at the sky

Postby WilBod » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Out of the box! Somebodies belated Christmas present a brand new Xenon was delivered today!

Steve_SP
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Steve_SP » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Nice photo Willie and interesting to see the shipping - this is a new Zen1 built by Aviation Artur Trendak ( AAT ) and not a Xenon built by CA ( CA have yet to deliver their first gyro since the split in Dec 2011 ).

Cheers

Steve

http://xenongyroblog.blogspot.co.uk/
FLYNOTE
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby FLYNOTE » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:36 pm

My Zenon RST is for sale. ## ## ## 190 hrs. Absolutely Immaculate. Full house with all possible extras.All custom comforts added. Extra long range fuel cell with factory internal fuel pump to tranfer additional 70 liters into main tanks during flight! Comfortable 6 hrs endurance with reserves. Equiped for long range " safaris". Turbo boost control for max boost during change in altitude etc. etc. absolute state of the art Xenon. One of a kind. Selling with fresh mpi. One owner, one pilot since new. I have now put my name down with Braam Hechter for a Zen1 which will be my third Xenon. Asking R800 000 plus vat for quick sale. Full history in photos from first day of construction in factory till fully assembled in RSA available on this forum. Follow Xenon links from page 26.ZU RGB. This Xenon was at the Stellenbosch and Gariep Jambories and if not sold before then, it will be at the Upington spree later on in the year. Johan Stemmet. 011 8881774 office hours.
PieterKotze
Ready for the first flight

Postby PieterKotze » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Ai Ai, these XENON owners that are all defecting to ZENON's!!!!! HeHeHe, I have seen this XENON close up and it is worth every cent and more!
Air Pollution
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Jaaa grootbek! Jy wil mos afshow met joune!!
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Had a great kuier with Len and Christine at my hangar during the Tedderfield fly inn yesterday. Len did the most amazing display in an M24 and received a " standing ovation" from the crowd ... Mostly because all were standing. Fantastic gyro flying skills displayed by him. Hy mag maar vlieg. My Xenon needed new bushes for the control plate. Ordered on Monday from the factory in Poland. Received them on Friday and was up and flying again by Friday afternoon. Fresh MPI done by Eric Altius et Latius and RGB is on the ramp, standing by for her new owner. Absolutely 100% pristine, full house and then some more, state of the art Xenon. (^^) Spread the news for me will you? vhpy
Vertical Tango
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Vertical Tango » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:39 pm

At the Tedderfield show, I visited Flynote at his hangar. Like always, makes everyone very welcome and I can say that the person who will purchase his Xenon will have an awesome machine. I was standing with Butch when Len did his M24 dance. I said to Butch that there is no need to do any further advertisement with a show like that ! =D* .
Great show !
Flying is like dancing, it is a love affair between the pilot and his aircraft
PTKay
Signed up at flight school

Postby PTKay » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:25 am

FLYNOTE wrote:... My Xenon needed new bushes for the control plate. Ordered on Monday from the factory in Poland. Received them on Friday and was up and flying again by Friday afternoon. ...
I assume you mean the Aviation Artur Trendak factory, the manufacturer of your Xenon,
and the supplier of the spare parts. Also the manufacturer of the ZEN1.
Fresh MPI done by Eric Altius et Latius and RGB is on the ramp, standing by for her new owner. Absolutely 100% pristine, full house and then some more, state of the art Xenon. (^^) Spread the news for me will you? vhpy
We will do our best. Great machine, perfectly supported by the manufacturer,
the Aviation Artur Trendak.

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showth ... post512830