Xenon Gyro

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

THI
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: Xenon Gyro

Postby THI » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:02 am

Mean looking Xenon. And they do some testing here in Potch nogal. Wil keep an eye open for them! :-)
Tinkerbell
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:23 am

Van nou af maak ek 'n punt daarvan om in hul goeie boekies te bly..
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
ZU-RKU Zen
ZU-RTM Calidus
http://www.altairaviation.co.za
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:26 pm

It should be notam'd that Xenon pilots may no longer use the phrase "I have you in sight" as this can easily be confused with "I have you in my sights" leading to potential in-cockpit bowel-evacuation procedures being initiated by the non-xenon pilot.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
braam hechter
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby braam hechter » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Good Day All.

I trust you are well.

Gyronaut, as far as i know the safest way to call is " i've got you visual " This should clarify misunderstandings :wink: .

JvL and his team had been fairly busy. The red machine has been upgraded extensively. Some of the upgrades that were carried out includes;
An in-house developed Rotax engine pushing out more Hp than the RST
Compound Alu rotor mast
Longer rotors
Flexible push-pull rods for rotor control
New common equipment control stick assembly
Hydraulic pre-rotator
Common rail engine mount
Smoke system
Role equipment rails for military hardware
Digital video recorder with WiFi capability with a 20 km real-real time downlink with initially a four sensors downlink with spare bandwidth enabling Voip i.e Skype from the gyro. This is downloaded and available for in-time access over the internet. This can also be enhanced with more channels and role specific equipment such as color or infra red cameras.

With all the lessons learnt with Sprinkaan, Kriek, Xenon, UFO etc, the Wagtail team has now started manufacturing the Kriek gyro for commercial usage. It will also be available for limited private ownership shortly. Pierre (UFO) is also involved and there is a single seater pusher with a 200 plus hp engine that should be launched in due time. The intention is to have an affordable, comfortable long range tourer. It would be available with an enclosed option. There is a fair amount of interest in the Xenon (recreational) / Tsetse (military/commercial) machines. The Wagtail team with all their effort and interaction back to the factory has aided in improving the products. The plan is also to have the spares and equipment interchangeable across the fleet.

There should also be a Gen 3 Xenon in country shortly. Included in this shipment should be a Xenon XL fuselage . The intention is to outfit this with a 230hp engine, longer / wider rotors, rough terrain undercarriage etc. The aim of this experimental machine is to develop a utility vehicle that can transport approx 300 kg worth of freight or equipment in rough terrain conditions.

There are many things happening in the gyro world and i think the gyronaughts out there can look forward to some interesting developments. You should keep the period 19 to 23 September 2012 booked. AAD 2012 is taking place at AFB Waterkloof and i know that SAGPA is planning on having some interesting equipment available. (See http://www.aadexpo.co.za/)

Greetings, fly safely and remember - "If you don't have a dream, you can't have a dream come true"

Braam Hechter
CelierAviation
Looking at the sky

Postby CelierAviation » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:55 am

Hello all fans of Xenon Gyrocopters produced by Celier Aviation.
My name is Christopher Wronowski and I come from Polish.
I'm one of the partners CA. I am responsible for marketing and advertising company.
I'm here to help current and prospective users of Xenon in dealing with the factory.
We are happy to answer your question.

Feel free to discuss.

Our webside:

www.celieraviation.pl
or old original webside:
www.celieraviation.eu
braam hechter

Postby braam hechter » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:16 am

Good Day Christopher.

Thank you very much for the information. I have been the nodal point for the Xenon for a while and have worked closely with the factory. This was initiated from the start of Xenon, when Raphael worked as ABS Aerolight in France. The initial Xenon was imported in 2006. From this and the experience that was gained in understanding the South African legislation, i can assist you in your endeavours in Southern Africa.

As you may have seen through this tread of 44 pages, the factory was not that involved in South Africa. A huge effort was made by the owners and other local people, including instructors and maintenance people to make this product acceptable for local conditions. Extensive work was carried out on enhancing the Xenon airframe, the engine, avionics, mission equipment, sensors etc. Wagtail are thus able to improve and adapt the machines as imported for South African conditions before delivery.

Wagtail is also able to manufacture gyros, or sub systems in South Africa. If you need machines or any technical support i am sure they will be willing to assist.

Enjoy the business and thanks for the willingness to be involved in South Africa.

Greetings

Braam Hechter
CelierAviation
Looking at the sky

Postby CelierAviation » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Celier Aviation production is now solidly up and running.
Stocks are accumulating as we assemble new machines for clients while new orders are coming in.
Cabins have now a new exquisite finishing touch thanks to our industrial painting shop.
Photos are an indication of the new management system within the company.
We are finalising the preparations of our sales and marketing plans for 2012 and 2013. The Engineers are working on improving our products. We are also restructuring a new and better system for ordering and shipping parts.
New machines are being built as we are running orders for customers in Europe and Africa.

Each composite part is weighed before and after painting to ensure that all weights are respected.

Our stock of masts and rotors are now over 100 units. We are now ready to deliver spare parts at your request.

We are still also developing our new airfield, which will be 600 meters long and 60 meters wide.

More information on the webside
www.celieraviation.pl
braam hechter

Postby braam hechter » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi All.

I trust you are well.

Whilst everybody is busy with their marketing strategies, their mudslinging etc, the first Gen 3 machine started her flight trails at Wagtail. She may be based at Springs from the weekend onwards, and you will be able to see what she looks like. I think she came out rather well, sleek and aerodynamic.

JohanvL has also taken delivery of a cargo / 3 seater cabin. The plan is to develop her into a light deliver gyro with a payload of 200kg. The plan is to have her outfitted with a Subaru 200 Plus Hp engine and a 36 foot rotor. She will then be utilized for cargo transportation, or also for farm use, with a passenger and freight.

The real time telemetry link was also tested and is working well. Wagtail is now working on improving the range to approx 80 km line of sight with a relay station. This will give them the capability to transmit up to 16 channels to the ground at any time. They are in partnership with General Dynamics Itronixs. This gives them a fair amount of flexibilty with portable computing systems.

They are also continuing with the military side of things. The gyro has been extremely stable with weapons testing and they are confident in the allround application of the machines.

Have a magic day and remember, we integrate the best of the best in South Africa.

Greetings

Braam Hechter
Steve_SP
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Steve_SP » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi Braam

Many thanks for the update of these projects and congrats on the progress to date.

If, as and when it is appropriate then I'd love to see some photos of these machines.

Glad to hear that innovation is alive and kicking.

Cheers

Steve
spinkaan
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby spinkaan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi All, I have just returned from a 3 day working visit at Wagtail where we assembled 2 new Xenons, and earned my AP rating on these machines. My impression on the improvements and changes since I saw the first Xenon at ALdam was very positive. The quality of workmenship was excellent and carbonfibre components fitted properly. Door hinges now on the front pillar and the doors closes into the fuselarge forming a smooth area. What a piece of engineering. Guess what my next gyro will be.
Congradulations Braam this is well done.
Peter
FLYNOTE
Flying low - mind the power lines
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby FLYNOTE » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 am

(^^) great news . When can I come and have a look see Braam and what is the delivery time nowadays.
Are they now installing roll trim and electric trim and have they done away with the rope and cleat system on the new models? If they have, is this standard or still a mod you have to do yourself? Had a wonderful 3 hr flight on Sunday...magnificant weather. Itching for something loooooong distance again. Methinks Okovango swamps seems like a pleasant call for a 8 day there and back expedition. :roll: ok... Let me browse some old nav routes on my mgl and think about this one for a bit. Damn! :shock: Clock alarm just went off. Will follow on with this thought at the office this morning. Have a good day all! Nice to be back.
PieterKotze
Ready for the first flight

Postby PieterKotze » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi MAK and all Gyro Enthusiasts,

RBI is currently still at Wagtail, both for a bit of Proofing and of course for my benefit in converting. Being quite a Green Horn, the conversion from M16 to the Zen1 has been difficult, but I hope to complete the process by end Sep. Johann and his Team are really Pro's and I am sure that when I beat the track to FASI, I will definately up to it. So in answer, bear with me for another week or so and then PLEASE come visit! Also for those of you that dont know, FASI RW 03/21 is closed for repair till 14/9.

Pieter
Air Pollution
abezzi

Postby abezzi » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Steve_SP
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Steve_SP » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 pm

""Is this a joke???""

No

Kompol the manufacturers of the composite cabins is seeking payment for cabins built/ordered by Celier Aviation - the doc refers to an order for 7 cabins, some delivered, some paid for, some not, some in construction - a legal dispute in progress.

Kompol also supply the same cabins to Aviation Artur Trendak.

Cheers
abezzi

Postby abezzi » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:08 am

Thanks!