SA Company acquires RAF manufacturing (was RAF Closes???)

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

hersham
Thinking of flying

Re: SA Company acquires RAF manufacturing (was RAF Closes???)

Postby hersham » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

How is the company progressing regarding the manufacturing of gyros as opposed to merely assembling kits that were acquired from the defunct Canadian factory? Any feedback SARAF?
saraf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby saraf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:18 am

Hi Hersham

Like you would know , taking over a 40 year business is no easy nor a quick thing to do. Especially if the previous company is half way around the world.

RAF SA staff has been to Canada numerous times for training and to conduct the proses of how all will be done to establish a very modern RAF 2000 SA factory in South Africa. There has been shipping of many components, to RAF SA Over the time. CNC's machining will be shipped as well as soon as all logistical issues has been solved. In the mean time more than a 1000 customers has to be kept satisfied for parts and pieces and information on a daily basis. Training of new students, assembling of new RAF 2000's for new SA clients. All of this takes allot of time and effort. And as you all know this just not happen over night.

So allot of progress has been made to get a very well designed, side by side gyro plane to be proudly manufactured in SA. And to be able to provide a very good service to the South African and abroad market. We appreciate the support we have received up to date very much and hope that the SA gyro market will keep on supporting us to be able to bring to SA what SA deserves.

Regards

Eben Mocke Jnr
RAF SA
Good instructors always speak well about all flying machines.
Bad instructors speak badly about machines they cannot fly.
MICHIEL
Ready for the first flight

Postby MICHIEL » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Eben,thanks for the feedback on all the different activities that you and your staff are occupied with but you evaded the actual question.From the feedback you gave it can only be deducted that no manufacturing has yet taken place in Upington [or SA] and that only kits are being assembled ,as before.It is clear from your pitch that many future plans for actual manufacturing of components are anticipated ,but has not yet come to fruition.
Please correct me if im wrong by stating some facts please.
Regards,Giel.
Learjet
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Learjet » Fri May 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Giel, what is the big issue about whether they are manufacturing or assembling the RAF's at this time? Having seen the Mocke's factory in Upington I think it will be a proud day for them and the SA gyro industry when the first 100% South African RAF rolls off the production line.
Dave Lehr
Magni Gyro M22 ZU-EPZ
“You're flying Buzz! No Woody we're falling in style!”
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Fri May 01, 2009 9:59 pm

I think it will be a proud day for them and the SA gyro industry when the first 100% South African
Fully agree ! vhpy Eben Mocke will, and is, up against stiff competition. But I appreciate their drive to make it work ! Go for it. We need local as much as import. Keeps the standards where we need them.

Sterkte Eben. vhpy vhpy
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
hersham
Thinking of flying

Postby hersham » Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 pm

As a prospective RAF owner I want the assurance that if all the current stock of Canadian parts are used up RAF will still be in business.For instance,if the last Canadian rotor blade is used,will a locally manufactured part be available.Who is going to rebuild the Subaru motors in SA? Is the machinery available to manufacture rotor heads locally?
These are all very pertinent and important issues that needs to be clarified by the agent who freely uses [abuses?] this forum to promote his products.
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Cloud Warrior » Mon May 04, 2009 2:30 am

Gees - if you guys think that this thread is doing anything to attract new gyro pilots to the sport you need to rethink your approach! At the moment my perception of the gyro community is that a large number of them are absolute tossers! Grow up and get a life. If you don't like a particular brand of aircraft then don't fly it! We are all big people who can make up our own minds about a product.
Solowings Aquilla
32-4817
White Gum Farm, Western Australia
mikemat
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby mikemat » Mon May 04, 2009 9:00 am

Hear Hear!!!

(^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)
Low Level
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Low Level » Mon May 04, 2009 11:16 am

Cloud Warrior wrote:Gees - if you guys think that this thread is doing anything to attract new gyro pilots to the sport you need to rethink your approach! At the moment my perception of the gyro community is that a large number of them are absolute tossers!
The unfortunate thing is that these tossers that are stirring are not part of the gyro community. :?
Happiness is: Wanting what you have.
ZU-CFW
My soul called, and it wants it's life back. Only one thing to do. Let's fly.
saraf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby saraf » Mon May 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi To All

It is sad to say this but after much consideration I have decided not to comment or post anything on this forum anymore.
It is starting to get like the American forum and killing our sport. There are always people with agendas and i do not want to be part of it anymore.

If Anybody would like to have information about the RAF 2000 SA you are more than welcome to email me at eben@rafsa.co.za or phone on 0833758841.

Best of luck to all

Regards

Eben Jnr
RAFSA
Good instructors always speak well about all flying machines.
Bad instructors speak badly about machines they cannot fly.
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby FO Gyro » Mon May 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Eben, it would be sad to lose you on this forum. Any any of the more responsible posters have any suggestions as to how we can prevent this forum becoming like some of the American forums, as has been suggested, please drop me a line.

If posters are just stirring unnecessarily, we can just simply delete their dribble if it has no value. Bit of a balancing act though between freedom of expression and posts that are simply rubbish.
Glenn Poley
ex ZU-AWE Windlass Trike
ex ZU-AOA VPM M16 Gyro
ex ZU-BPU Sycamore Gyro
ex ZU-ATC VPM M16 with Rotax 914 Gyro
ex ZU-GJP MT-03 Gyro
ex ZU-NPC RV9A
ZU-RJR Magni M24 Orion Gyro
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon May 04, 2009 7:59 pm

It's a pity the same okes harp on the same issues without even having owned the brand.

I think many trikers are potential gryo customers and to persistently flog the dead horse just to attract attention is irresponsible and probably puts a few off gyros in general.

Would prefer to attract just 80 % of the gyro okes- they know how to jol and most just fly - coz they can.

This type of trash just keeps the active pilots off the forum and we're the poorer for it.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment