Fly Argo is it worth risking 2.2 Million?

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Fly Argo is it worth risking 2.2 Million?

Postby greg vos » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:21 pm

Fly Argo are using much of the CA media to promote there products? I asked the question on the forums why they're promoting images that were developed years ago by Wagatail in conjunction with Cilliar Aviation?? the sales-manager is a very interesting person who seems to side step the issue of engine warranty and who will look after the client if the Rotax will require OEM service...could it be a case of same circus and different clowns?

https://www.africanpilot.co.za/apacom/v ... 34924#p198

Niren at Comet has assured me and says so on the AP forum that any rotax fitted with non factory approved components will not enjoy local support?

I really hope that new prospects do their homework before buying a gyro, myself a new comer in the game but willing to take a stance when it comes to looking after clients.
I fly these things in the USA, UAE, and a few other places and even a bit here locally one thing I have learnt is the client is the king and if we as Pilots or instructors know things we need to be transparent, so far my communication with fly argo has been lets just say un reassuring ??

They have just closed a distributor network for Russia so (^^) to them but they cannot answer questions I ask on the engine and its turbo, they do not have an answer on how many hours they have flown with the new x@? they just tell me they have much more expierience than me :shock: :shock: what a way to win clients?? :?:

when I question the performance figure thats very optimistic considering what we all know about the drag and weight along with the influence of DA
Im steered to the web site ....

in contrast with communication to Trendak Im furnished with a mail like this....from a very knowledgeable Patryk Kazimierski

Our gyroplanes have many more innovative solutions that we have developed over the years. Our company Trendak is over 12 years on the world market.
We produce the best gyroplanes that win global awards, for example:

World Championship - all places on the podium
European Championship - all places on the podium
The best desing in the world - the Red Dot Awards 2018

You asked about the differences between gyroplanes:

1. Our AAT gyroplanes have a new, safer steering system - bowden
2. Aerodynamics have been improved
3. We use better door assembly
4. We have a newer avionics
5. Completely different production technology
6. Other cabins

Our gyroplanes fly thousands of hours a month. We have proven dealers around the world, because we care about the professional service and service of our gyroplanes. We work only with the best.
The production time of the gyroplane is 3 months and this is the time of individual order, while our competition is 1 year. We have information about recent orders from the Polish market.

If you want then we invite you to our factory to Poland and we will show you all the differences between gyroplanes. You will be able to compare both gyroplanes and fly them.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=52425
Attachments
cillier aviation.JPG
cillier aviation.JPG (23.54 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
Last edited by greg vos on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
gyropilot
First solo

Re: Fly Argo is it worth risking 2.6 Million?

Postby gyropilot » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 am

simple solution here!

don't buy it - if they can't answer simple questions - that tells me they are hiding something?!!
FAFK - ZUDMJ
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Re: Fly Argo UPDATE!is it worth risking 2.2 Million?

Postby greg vos » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:36 am

Ok so I met with the client locally in JHB, the idea was to discuss the Fly Argo marketing and Training plan.
It was asked that I go to Poland to do some testing and to get some information on this new kid, I in turn suggested why dont I do some Due Diligence from here? as flying economy class and living a 3 star Hotel did not jump right out at me with enthusiasm.

So one would think that a large company who enters into an agreement to sell Gyro Copters would have done some research??
In the meetings with the Directors I tabled some concerns with Fly Argo as well its interesting relationship with CA?
So with around 50 emails back and forth to this Fly Argo with me asking 5 simple questions it seems I do not need to go to Poland as I am comfortable with my own DD and I am now of the opinion that one would need to approach purchasing this thing with caution.

Fly Argo could not answer the following:
1) How many units have been sold since they started manufacture?
2) How many trouble free hours have they recorded with there new model Gyro copters?
3) What have they done (bespoke) to the Rotax that gives it the claimed 141 HP & 2000 hours?
4) Where Have the built Gyro copters been delivered?
5)The big sticky?? the engine warranty??? detail??? and a claims procedure that will comfort the new owner. (remember Rotax SA will not look at this bored out engine)

I was sent from Pillar to post even my mate Steves May in the UK (he runs the gyro blog spot & websites that record world wide Gyro movement Registrations and crashes) he too had similar questions and unable to satisfy himself they are genuine decided not to add them to his Xenon Blog!
Then they referred me to YAK aviation in the UK assuring me that they are a big client? I contacted my mate Dr Phil Harwood...Phil has denounced this company and informs me there are no Xenon types flying in the UK, and I believe him.

Then in a further attempt to regain my confidence before I now board a plane and go to Warsaw for testing and Vodka, they throw in another name (airgyro) forgetting that as an instructor I have either worked for many of the Gyro schools or are at the least im in contact with Gyro schools who offer Commercial Gyro-plane training world wide so my network of Gyro contacts is far reaching.
Please see mail I received from Alvaro who now is the CFI at Airgyro. ( I wrote to Josh Humphreys initially) Alvaro is the ex Trendak factory CFI who has left the snow in Warsaw for the summer sun in Las Vegas!

download/file.php?mode=view&id=52532

download/file.php?mode=view&id=52533

John Gibbons who owns a large commercial Gyro operation operating in Borneo as well East Asia and who I work for on a semi regular basis had the following to say!

So guys in short please do your homework before parting with hard earned cash, Im not saying dont buy a Fly Argo Im simply saying read what I have said you make your own decisions.
Attachments
air Gyro.JPG
PCG.JPG
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
87Juliet
Looking at the sky

Re: Fly Argo is it worth risking 2.2 Million?

Postby 87Juliet » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 am

Lots of deflecting going on there, just raises red flags which definitely shouldn't be ignored.
gyropilot
First solo

Postby gyropilot » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 am

so things starting to smell fishy now!

for safety sake rather stick to tried and tested gyrocopters - no point in losing your life for a flashy new model gyrocopter
FAFK - ZUDMJ
87Juliet
Looking at the sky

Postby 87Juliet » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:23 am

greg vos wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:21 pm
Fly Argo are using much of the CA media to promote there products? I asked the question on the forums why they're promoting images that were developed years ago by Wagatail in conjunction with Cilliar Aviation?? the sales-manager is a very interesting person who seems to side step the issue of engine warranty and who will look after the client if the Rotax will require OEM service...could it be a case of same circus and different clowns?

https://www.africanpilot.co.za/apacom/v ... 34924#p198

Niren at Comet has assured me and says so on the AP forum that any rotax fitted with non factory approved components will not enjoy local support?

I really hope that new prospects do their homework before buying a gyro, myself a new comer in the game but willing to take a stance when it comes to looking after clients.
I fly these things in the USA, UAE, and a few other places and even a bit here locally one thing I have learnt is the client is the king and if we as Pilots or instructors know things we need to be transparent, so far my communication with fly argo has been lets just say un reassuring ??

They have just closed a distributor network for Russia so (^^) to them but they cannot answer questions I ask on the engine and its turbo, they do not have an answer on how many hours they have flown with the new x@? they just tell me they have much more expierience than me :shock: :shock: what a way to win clients?? :?:

when I question the performance figure thats very optimistic considering what we all know about the drag and weight along with the influence of DA
Im steered to the web site ....

in contrast with communication to Trendak Im furnished with a mail like this....from a very knowledgeable Patryk Kazimierski

Our gyroplanes have many more innovative solutions that we have developed over the years. Our company Trendak is over 12 years on the world market.
We produce the best gyroplanes that win global awards, for example:

World Championship - all places on the podium
European Championship - all places on the podium
The best desing in the world - the Red Dot Awards 2018

You asked about the differences between gyroplanes:

1. Our AAT gyroplanes have a new, safer steering system - bowden
2. Aerodynamics have been improved
3. We use better door assembly
4. We have a newer avionics
5. Completely different production technology
6. Other cabins

Our gyroplanes fly thousands of hours a month. We have proven dealers around the world, because we care about the professional service and service of our gyroplanes. We work only with the best.
The production time of the gyroplane is 3 months and this is the time of individual order, while our competition is 1 year. We have information about recent orders from the Polish market.

If you want then we invite you to our factory to Poland and we will show you all the differences between gyroplanes. You will be able to compare both gyroplanes and fly them.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=52425
Hey Greg, after 5 months have you had ANY answers to your questions? Your questions are valid and require response from FA before committing to this amount of loot.
I do agree with the other posters, if they can't answer your valid questions then buy something else.