Xenon flying over CT - at last

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Xenon flying over CT - at last

Postby greg vos » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:54 pm

So I thought I would share some pics taken from the Xenon flying over CT this past weekend. With it behaving nicely we set about a few scenic flights.
This is a pic of that ship that has been burning in the Harbor for a few days.

That was taken on Saturday afternoon late, to our surprise the fire was still going this morning? I took this at around 10 am.

Flying around the V&A we also saw Glen flying his M24 so three gyros hob nobbing with the helicopters was a bit of fun, we went off to Hout Bay (with myself looking up at the mast every few seconds thinking I wonder when its going to come off :cry: )
Over HB we turned around and decided to fly up the coast I think Louis Van Wyk got hungry so we went to 25 Air school up near Malmsbury and landed at the Parachute school for a drink and bite.
This doll was making our food and I was unsure if one greets her or reads her :?: vhpy but she assured me her breasts were not covered in tattoos, I turned down the opportunity to find out :)

Traveling with us was Will from the UK, he is personal friend of Phill Harwood who is chairman of the British rotorcraft association and a member himself, a very interesting fellow and he went into great details of the PPL (Gyro) standards and the standards required for Commercial ops regarding Gyro copters in the UK.

After lunch

After lunch I was approached by a guy who wanted a quick flip in the gyro (because as we know these things do look like they cant fly :lol: ) he was told that possibly I was not the best guy for the job because I have very rudimentary flying skills and he is risking his life....thinking that is the end of it, he came back a few moments later dressed with all this dafty gear and said he is ready to go :mrgreen: not sure if I was being insulted. :lol:

The day got better I met this fellow who was flying a racing drone and toy we must all have, drones to me that are flown for pictures are boring, this thing was from another world, turns out he is some world champion drone racing pilot and demonstrated how this thing fly's all the time while he pilots it from FPV -first person view. It can do like 150Km/hour and he had us gobsmacked with how he flew it (^^)

Needless to say I will be picking up one of these kits in the morning

Then a quick walk around for the formal goodbye and we were off to Gordons Bay for the last leg of the day.

Pictured with RDY is the other owner and he is also satisfied it is flying sweeeeeet .....(as I say ignorince is bliss vhpy )

And I must say RDY ...well its still in one piece
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
Trolly
Thinking of flying

Re: Xenon flying over CT - at last

Postby Trolly » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:00 am

RDY is flying magnificently. Everything is just working well, from the atmospheric gauges to the electric roll trim. Over 6 hours of flying over this week end from FAFK over to Hout Bay, then to Malmesbury then south again and home was truly epic. A tremendous amount of work has gone into this machine to get it to this level, well done to all who have been involved. Greg and Louis from Aerosport have excelled whether it be on training or maintenance. Thank you.
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby FO Gyro » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Good to hear you on the radio Greg. Have been really enjoying the M24. Take a little getting used to. Quite different from the other tandem gyros. Flew into Ysterplaat on Saturday for the Young Falcons wings parade and took a few kids up which made them happy.
fullsizeoutput_9204.jpeg
Glenn Poley
ex ZU-AWE Windlass Trike
ex ZU-AOA VPM M16 Gyro
ex ZU-BPU Sycamore Gyro
ex ZU-ATC VPM M16 with Rotax 914 Gyro
ex ZU-GJP MT-03 Gyro
ex ZU-NPC RV9A
ZU-RJR Magni M24 Orion Gyro
Hub-Bar
Ready for the first flight

Postby Hub-Bar » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:57 am

By the looks of it you guys are having a blast CT way. Enjoy!
Francois Marais
ZU-DTS : RAF 2000
ZU-ECS : Bantam B22J