Trade: flight in Western Cape for a flight in the states

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

johndoe30o
Heard about flying

Trade: flight in Western Cape for a flight in the states

Postby johndoe30o » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Hey there,

I am from the states and currently doing an exchange at Stellenbosch University.

A friend of mine in the states is a gyronut and said that there is a large gyro community here in SA and that he would love for me to get to fly while I am here.

He suggested that I search around for someone who will take me up and what ever arrangements we make, he would match in the states.

I know this is a bit of an odd request and of course you would have to have plans to travel to the states, but I would love a chance to see SA from above.

my friend in the states is based in Florida, I believe he flies a MT Sport, and the last I checked he had a gyro with pontoons for water landings. I would be happy to get you more info from him if you are interested.

Cheers,
Joe.
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Trade: flight in Western Cape for a flight in the states

Postby Jabbanaught » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:13 pm

johndoe30o wrote:Hey there,

I am from the states and currently doing an exchange at Stellenbosch University.

A friend of mine in the states is a gyronut and said that there is a large gyro community here in SA and that he would love for me to get to fly while I am here.

He suggested that I search around for someone who will take me up and what ever arrangements we make, he would match in the states.

I know this is a bit of an odd request and of course you would have to have plans to travel to the states, but I would love a chance to see SA from above.

my friend in the states is based in Florida, I believe he flies a MT Sport, and the last I checked he had a gyro with pontoons for water landings. I would be happy to get you more info from him if you are interested.

Cheers,
Joe.
Will gladly take you up
Autogyro - Calidus ZU- ???
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
okflyer
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Trade/ Xchange a flight

Postby okflyer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 pm

(!!) That is a cool idea (!!)
Xchanging flights is a great way to meet fellow airman / airwoman all over the planet.
I can offer a flip in a fixed wing (C42 or CT) or the newest avanced Gyro (Clouddancer2) around Frankfurt (Romantic Rhein Valley Germany).
I am from time to time in SA (Jobourg, Capetown etc.) and would love to Xchange flights.
Maybe we should open a thread in the main section.
To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything." Otto Lilienthal (1848-1896) ..Wir fliegen die Strecke bei jeder Witterung! http://carbonrotor.jimdo.com/