Informal get together of AP's and Instructors, Agents

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

gyrosa
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Informal get together of AP's and Instructors, Agents

Postby gyrosa » Wed May 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Yep, I know - I am putting my foot into it big time but it is time we do get together on MISASA side as well as SAGPA side to discuss common problems that do arise in our sections.
They are:-
1. We all go to seminars etc and info is given to us on a "one way" street without us, the AP's or Instructors being allowed much time to voice our concerns.
2. We hear of changes in the CARS AFTER they are made and we never really have the authority to either challenge it or make any comments. A typical example is this issue of AMO's consistantly being raised by the SACAA with regards to NTCA aircraft.
3. New aircraft being imported into the country from elsewhere are becoming an issue. These aircraft are approved in the country of origin, yet we have to jump through hoops of fire here to get approval and finally still have to fly them for 40hrs of proving flight. I personally feel that this is a slight on our AP's as well as instructors/test pilots locally.
4. We need to set up a code of ethics whereby we will stand by one another and if we find that one AP or instructor missed something, that we will contact the person and in a decent manner and remind him/her what went wrong, keeping safety in mind, and not blast it over the universe.
5. We need to start taking a stand against certain practices such as having to pay heavy CAA fines and only be allowed to take a stand afterward. There is already a case on record where the proving flight authority was about to be withheld until the fine was payed. The fine was totally unrelated to the issue of the proving flight.
6. While we accept that there must be authorities in place, we must also start taking a stand that if it were not for us, the pilots, aircraft owners, AP's and instructors, there would be no authorities. We need them but they need us more.

Okay, now I've stated my case and I feel that in the spirit of RSA, we need to start some sort of Guild, Union or whatever. We need to take a firm stand.
If you feel the same, (and I am hoping that we can get sufficient persons together), we can arrange a suitable venue in about one months time and put something together. If you know of AP's andor Instructors that do not read these notices, please pass the info on.
Regards
Eric