Gyro headsets

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Gyro headsets

Postby Gyronaut » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Ok, so where is the "Add to cart" button?

Waiting with baited breath for someone to get it right! Go Zulu1
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 am

Thanks still some work to do though..for info google the chip used as mc34119 as it has a band pass filter capability, the frequency is limited between 900mhz - 2000hz nothing else should get past..the mics are noise canceling devices from a military source with similar characteristics. So we can only try. A few years back i had nappa leather seals made but dont have any left, they would work well and still have the tooling for them..that is later.
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
t-bird
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby t-bird » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Attached is photos of my Hazz lightspeed setup.
The headsets are over 10 years old but the Quality with the Seinnheiser headphones and Hazz noise reduction is unbelievable.

The Lightspeed headset has an inline volume control.

I have drilled a hole in the bottom of the volume control and solder 3 wires to the circuit board for the plug.
The second and last step is to silicon the headphones in the hazz.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68194178@N06/8518705418/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68194178@N06/8518704780/
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:29 pm

T bird, i can believe it we just made up a unit with some scrap headsets and probably the best sound reduction i have ever experienced. I am now considering leaving the speakers out of the headsets. To switch them on just plug them in and thats it..Monday to build the real deal. This Hass device is good kit.
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Ok, i finished the first set today, initial results used back to back with a sennheiser hm100 and a sigtronics intercom...used on a bike. They perform very close to our chatterbox headets which i am using as a bench mark. I have had to put in a mic amplifier with filters in it as this is now a seperate circuit from the intercom. Strangely enough the vox seems to work as well.

Proof is in the air though, test on wednesday fingers crossed we finish..spent so much time now it must work..
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Units finished, after a chat with Jans, is there any Gyro pilot in KZN who can test fly these before we send them off? They seem tomwork extremely well on bikes etc. I would like to try properly. They are twin jack plugs.
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Send them to me in Cape Town, if they work any better than the sh*t I have got, consider them sold!

Len
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Len, these are designed for Hass units! But they switch between internal speaker and the Hass unit with the device plugged in.

Jans, what do,i do with these toys? you have paid and i have paid for the development of the units...
Yoda
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Paul, if Len wants them, you are more than welcome to pass them over to him.
He will be able to test fly them "properly" and much better than me.... and also do comparisons. I cannot test them untill I have my Gyro wich will be here in about 2 to 3 weeks time. So as soon as you got some feedback, you can start making me another set? I'm sure Len will probably buy them...
The more guys who can give feedback, the better the product will become.
Only problem is for Len to get a set of those hass units for the system to work properly. The noise reduction will not be as good without them.
Len maybe you can get a hold of a set. The prosess is they need to make a mold of your inner ear and the manufacture the earplugs from that.
Otherwise you can just use a regular earhpone for time being...

Groete Jans
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi Jans & Paul

Forgive my ignorance but I assume the Hass unit is for someone who is hearing impaired? I don't think I need it yet but with the bad sound quality in my open Gyro I will be needing it soon.

This is also a trainer so it has different people in it several times a day. I dont think form-fitted earphones will work but perhaps standard in-ear phones will work better?

I have replaced the radio, replaced the headphones, had the wiring re-done and properly shielded and grounded and STILL its lousy. What next?
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Len, the Hass unit is actually a device for industry, it is brilliant, its designed for exactly the usage the Gyro has, noisy, however i used a pair of Samsung ear buds as they fit well. So lets send them down, i will find another pair of ear plugs somewhere and send them as well. If any cape based techs can help, i may need to change values on pcbs.

Now i can make more no problem as i have the cocktail. Will send them off next week afte i get some earbuds sourced.

Please understand all, this is a development project....so input is critical, not criticism...
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks Paul, I am at the end of my tether because it is starting to severely compromise my in-air training.

I am ready to do almost anything to get clear comms so you will get the best co-operation ever from me!

Rgds

Len
Yoda

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Len, also consider Pauls helmet. What I like about it is the viser comes down below your chin. This will help to keep the wind off the mic much better than the David Cark helmet visors. Especially because your are usually in the back seat where the wind is worst.
Good luck. Hope all works out fine.
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:45 pm

I will call tomorrow on land line...as i may need some adjustments, if any cape based electronic techs reading this thread that have capability of smd replacements, please help us out!

Thanks Paul
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Should i send a helmet as well, or maybe two?