The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

Pat Two
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Low Gyros @ Innibosveld Naboomspruit

Postby Pat Two » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi All,

I was at the Inniebosveld Festival this weekend.. On Saturday afternoon we were taking our places to enjoy the show as my eyes were drawn skyward. There was 1 gyro that initially circled the festival area. It was extremely full and there was people everywhere (estimated 25000). The gyro then startedto circle lower until it made several tree top height passes over the crowd centre at the festival.. A second gyro joined in later and proceeded mostly around the crowd, but ended the evening with a low level shoot up over the festival goers.

I'm not here to flame anyone or to make waves... I was just a concerned pilot (fixed wing) on the ground looking up..
Both of these pilots were acting UNLAWFULLY... In plain sight of 25000 people and many many TV video cameras.
Please do not do it again... I certainly do not want to be mauled by a rotax doing 4800rpm.. I am also concerned with the safety of my loved ones... Please lets stop these antics, someone will get hurt. Also, aviation in this country does not need any further bad press. Do your part, keep legal...
Jaco P.
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Low Gyros @ Innibosveld Naboomspruit

Postby Gyronaut » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Pat Two wrote: In plain sight of 25000 people
... not within 1500' of people or animals...

This makes me woes :evil:
Unless they had written permission from the Commissioner (which I doubt) they are in breach of the Law and putting us all in a very bad light! Name and shame or I would encourage you to use the CAHRS and report them.

bliksems; next thing we ALL get punished with over regulation...

##

PS, a Rotax 914 at full power will be doing 5 800rpm :shock: Thats not your biggest worry though...
The heavy Rotor will be moving at a tip speed of approximately 680km/h ... imagine the damage that will do to people :evil:
johnht
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby johnht » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi Pat Two

I agree with JetRanger, this is clearly a case where you SHOULD report the incidents using the CAHRS! It doesn't help to be 'nice' to blatant offenders - we are all supposed to know the law and abide by it. It's people like this that are going to cause more restrictions to be placed on us. Also, it is quite possible that the offenders you are referring to don't subscribe to this forum.

John

ZU-REB
old no 7
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby old no 7 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Can one draw any conclusions from this?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12679

:twisted:
ZU-f-ALL